Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/17/2022 3:27:07 PM EDT

I am currently running an Ecos on a Larue LT681 RCO Mount with a top mounted 509T.

Ideally, I wanted to experiment with an offset 509t mount to compare to the 12 o clock.

1) What offset mount specific for the 509t do you recommend for closest fit to acog / less amount of overhang?

2) Is there any ACOG height only spacer made on the market?
[Similar to the kram spacer, but with no eye relief fix]

3) Does anyone offer a ARD / Killflash for the 509t?

Link Posted: 12/18/2022 12:55:11 AM EDT
[#1]

1) What offset mount specific for the 509t do you recommend for closest fit to acog / less amount of overhang?

Arisaka makes a solid option- tons of diff patterns at "standard (1.5" to 1.8") and tall (1.9" to 2.2")" heights. Every option has the ability to set 35 or 45 degrees from center. The 35 is a great option for acogs and scopes with small right hand turrets.

2) Is there any ACOG height only spacer made on the market?
[Similar to the kram spacer, but with no eye relief fix]

You might need to just go with a riser.

View Quote
Link Posted: 12/18/2022 1:07:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the heads up in regards to the arisaka.

As for the riser/spacer setup, does anyone offer one for an acog mount base itself versus having to mount it on the 1913 then adding the mount on top of that?

Reference pic of mount being utilized:

Reference to a riser insert, that is utilized for the 1.5x-3x acogs. It just bolts together with the existing mount, but with longer hardware.

I am ideally looking for a riser insert for the 4x32 Acog that just rises height and doesn't change the relief.

Reference to kram spacer mentioned above:

Link Posted: 12/18/2022 9:59:30 AM EDT
[#3]
How much higher do you want the ACOG?  Unity makes a fast cog mount that's taller without spacers.
I believe the kram can be setup without pushing the scope back in the mount, but most people do this to get the super short eye relief closer to their eye with buis.  Just note that going taller that standard + a piggyback the dot is gonna be waaaay up there
Link Posted: 12/18/2022 10:53:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How much higher do you want the ACOG?  Unity makes a fast cog mount that's taller without spacers.
I believe the kram can be setup without pushing the scope back in the mount, but most people do this to get the super short eye relief closer to their eye with buis.  Just note that going taller that standard + a piggyback the dot is gonna be waaaay up there
View Quote
Part of his OP says he wants a canted mount for the holosun.
Link Posted: 12/18/2022 4:07:30 PM EDT
[#5]
I tried the 9.0 kram/macedon spacers while utilizing another Larue double level mount as a tester. I really enjoyed the height of that setup. It was very natural for me and didn't overly strain my neck during extended use.

To confirm, the kram will always change eye relief from its design. Positive or negative depending on how you switch the spacer inside of the mount.

After trying both systems, I am preferential to the LT681 mount as it is the perfect eye relief pertaining to my specific stock position. Plus I enjoy the slim line low snag design versus having bulkier double levers sticking out.

I am at the point where I am contemplating about just machining a riser needed if its not offered on the market or to try the cantilever mount system offered by ADM. I am a bit hesitant due to its design. It is not aesthetically pleasing versus the clean flush fit LT681.

Link Posted: 12/19/2022 7:51:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Sounds like you'd be interested in the Rukh adjustable offset micro red dot mount.

I have no idea about it fitting a holo, ACRO P2's and Trijicon RMR's are my only preferred back up red dots at this point in time.

Good luck, and this is what I use now from FCD, the PMA.
Link Posted: 12/19/2022 9:50:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Sounds like you'd be interested in the Rukh adjustable offset micro red dot mount.

I have no idea about it fitting a holo, ACRO P2's and Trijicon RMR's are my only preferred back up red dots at this point in time.

Good luck, and this is what I use now from FCD, the PMA.
View Quote

Thanks for the input.

I just looked into the products mentioned.

Quick question, how is barricade / under vehicle shooting with the PMA compared to the offset?
Link Posted: 12/19/2022 5:26:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Thanks for the input.

I just looked into the products mentioned.

Quick question, how is barricade / under vehicle shooting with the PMA compared to the offset?
View Quote

The PMA is faster using barricades but underneath vehicles the the offset would be better.
Link Posted: 12/19/2022 11:22:39 PM EDT
[#9]
If you get a 5 hole Larue ACOG mount (LT622, LT799), vs a 2 hole mount (LT100, LT681); then you can use a KRAM as a spacer vs also adjusting eye relief.
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 4:57:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
If you get a 5 hole Larue ACOG mount (LT622, LT799), vs a 2 hole mount (LT100, LT681); then you can use a KRAM as a spacer vs also adjusting eye relief.
View Quote

Ended up getting a LT799, still gave me that offset since the kram spacer is a 4 hole

The LT799 is a great mounting option, but I prefer the slim profile of the LT681

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top