Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/13/2024 10:18:06 PM EDT
I have an AR15 upper laying around and I'm going to acquire another lower to make a "precision rig".  I need a good trigger for it and I'm leaning to using a cartridge style trigger set at 3.5 lbs.  I'm looking at this one in particular -

CMC  3.5 trigger
Link Posted: 7/13/2024 10:55:01 PM EDT
[#1]
For "precision" I favor a 2-stage, but I've tried that trigger and it is pretty nice for a SS
Link Posted: 7/13/2024 11:54:12 PM EDT
[#2]
SSA or G2S
Link Posted: 7/14/2024 12:16:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Larue MBT is the answer you seek
Link Posted: 7/14/2024 12:25:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Wilson Combat- TTU = $190 for a drop in. 3gun is the 2 stage 3.5 lbs.
The Geissele is not going to perform any better for 20% more $.
Link Posted: 7/14/2024 7:55:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Larue MBT is the answer you seek
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 7/14/2024 8:30:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Kind of odd timing, asking this question, don't you think?
Link Posted: 7/14/2024 9:12:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Because why?  You think I'm going to attempt to assassinate a former President?  What are you?  Retarded? ??
Link Posted: 7/14/2024 9:40:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/14/2024 10:01:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Geissele SSA-E
Link Posted: 7/14/2024 10:38:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/14/2024 10:48:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Geissele SSP. I replaced a CMC with the SSP. Much better.
Link Posted: 7/14/2024 12:00:22 PM EDT
[#12]
I have that trigger in my .308 that I use for deer hunting and what not. It's a nice trigger for breaking a shot right when you get the crosshair on target. My honest opinion is it's a little too light for heavy gun.
Link Posted: 7/14/2024 12:45:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I have an AR15 upper laying around and I'm going to acquire another lower to make a "precision rig".  I need a good trigger for it and I'm leaning to using a cartridge style trigger set at 3.5 lbs.  I'm looking at this one in particular -

CMC  3.5 trigger
View Quote
I love CMC 3.5s.

But, for a precision role, I lean toward 2 stage triggers as well.

My current precision gun lineup use Schmid 2 stage and Geissele SSAEs.

Link Posted: 7/14/2024 3:50:09 PM EDT
[#14]
MBT2s. I have one of the CMC 3.5's and it's better than a stock mil spec, but I'm honestly not thrilled with it. I have an MBT on another rifle and it's a much better trigger for the $.
Link Posted: 7/14/2024 5:49:21 PM EDT
[#15]
I've had a couple of CMC 3.5s (still have one). I like them we'll enough, but if you're building this to be a precision rig, I think the SSA-E is the better option. I know you said a cartridge type, but, that's where I'd spend my money. The votes for MBT are good too, if you're trying to save a few bucks, but the E is nicer.
Link Posted: 7/14/2024 6:13:16 PM EDT
[#16]
For precision the only answer is G HSNM.

Not sure why anyone would recommend anything else.
Link Posted: 7/14/2024 7:07:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Perhaps a "precision" rifle is a bit of a stretch.  It's not going to be super long distance, just a AR with a 4-14 x 44 PA scope in a PA mount that I'm picking up from the EE.  I just want something that I can reach out beyond what I can hit with my other AR that has a red dot/ 3x magnifier.  THAT rifle has a CMC/Lantac ECT-1 trigger, 3.5 lbs with straight shoe.

A friend of mine likes my trigger so much, he doesn't want to shoot his DD rifle that cost him 2 grand

Yeah I know that's a lot of scope, but my eyes are really getting bad, and I need the extra zoom to see at distance.
Link Posted: 7/14/2024 7:49:02 PM EDT
[#18]
IMO there is a lot to be said for having the same feeling trigger in every rifle you have.  I like two stage triggers with a 3.5 pound pull.  I have them in every AR or LR rifle I own, be it a 6.75" .458 SOCOM, .470 Rhino, or a .223 HB target rifle and down to several AR-22s, both rifle and pistol, and a heck of a lot in between.  No matter which rifle/pistol/SBR I grab, the trigger pull is the same, they pre-load the same and break the same.  Most have the RRA 2S NMV trigger but the last dozen or so have the Midway Stoner (Schmid) two stage with the JP yellow trigger spring.  All have a 3.5-4 pound pull with the first stage being about 2 to 2.5 pounds and the second stage about 1-1.5 pounds.  None are over 4 pounds and none are lighter than 3.5 pounds.  To my fingers, I cannot tell the difference between any of them and all, every single one, has proven to be 100% reliable.  There is nothing I loath more than picking up a rifle and having its trigger feel different than all the others.  Sure, my bolt, single shot, and lever guns have different feeling triggers, but when I pick up an AR/LR I know exactly how the trigger is going to feel.  IMO, go with another trigger like the one you have.  No surprises that way.  Of course, YMMV and I can only speak for myself.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top