Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/25/2021 6:31:13 PM EDT
I know this has been debated many times.

I have Sig P320 mags already, should I get a stern defense adapter and use my mags or go with the endomags. Both allow me to keep my standard lowers which are definitely cost savings.

What issues might I run into with the adapter or endomag over a dedicated lower? I worry with the endomag that the mag has to be in to clear list round. But I guess this could be remedied with simple training, as well as training with the different mag release on the stern.

What do you guys run in your set up?

Link Posted: 10/25/2021 7:08:00 PM EDT
[#1]
I just ordered some endo mags but I'm all about AR15 gear. Go with whatever is your real go to setup is my advice. I like I can use my usual AR15 pouches and grip etc
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 7:14:27 PM EDT
[#2]
I am in the Endomag camp, 100%.  The feed ramp that is built in to the Endo's eliminates most of the feeding issues that folks with blocks encounter.  Some question the longevity of the built in ejector and  time will tell whether that is a legit concern.  Some have issue with the manual of arms and unloading and clearing the weapon.  With Endo's it is a little different than typical AR, but not something I have any problems with.  The fact that my existing pouches on my chest rig work with 9mm as well as 5.56 and 22LR is a bonus.
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 7:17:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I just ordered some endo mags but I'm all about AR15 gear. Go with whatever is your real go to setup is my advice. I like I can use my usual AR15 pouches and grip etc
View Quote

I have 556 and 22 dedicated upper. Two lowers and was looking at these options over dedicated 9 lower and all the costs with building it out in full. I don’t mind using the p320 or even glock mags over the endomag. One positive to endo is that it’s consistent with all other mags I have for ARs like you said. Cost is obviously high.

Any concerns with the plastic ejector and only being able to empty with the mag in?

Any concerns for that setup in a PCC match?
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 7:23:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I am in the Endomag camp, 100%.  The feed ramp that is built in to the Endo's eliminates most of the feeding issues that folks with blocks encounter.  Some question the longevity of the built in ejector and  time will tell whether that is a legit concern.  Some have issue with the manual of arms and unloading and clearing the weapon.  With Endo's it is a little different than typical AR, but not something I have any problems with.  The fact that my existing pouches on my chest rig work with 9mm as well as 5.56 and 22LR is a bonus.
View Quote

So in a jam or questionable situation you’d have to rack and hold, drop mag then release the CH?
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 8:17:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I have 556 and 22 dedicated upper. Two lowers and was looking at these options over dedicated 9 lower and all the costs with building it out in full. I don’t mind using the p320 or even glock mags over the endomag. One positive to endo is that it’s consistent with all other mags I have for ARs like you said. Cost is obviously high.

Any concerns with the plastic ejector and only being able to empty with the mag in?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah that's a pain, but I don't shoot PCC matches that might make me question the plan if I did matches often or just keep an always empty mag on your belt
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 8:24:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

So in a jam or questionable situation you’d have to rack and hold, drop mag then release the CH?
View Quote

For a jam, tap/rack/bang, but to clear the weapon I just manually lock the bolt and then drop the mag.  If you run dry the bolt just locks back like any other time.
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 8:37:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

For a jam, tap/rack/bang, but to clear the weapon I just manually lock the bolt and then drop the mag.  If you run dry the bolt just locks back like any other time.
View Quote

So are there any issues you’ve had with endomags at all instead of going with a dedicated lower?
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 8:54:22 PM EDT
[#8]
I have the Stern Defense adapter for Glock mags and it has been 100% reliable zero issues.
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 8:55:57 PM EDT
[#9]
A few years back, I built a 9mm upper and used endo mags in a poverty pony lower.  Due to problems with the barrel, I had three kabooms that destroyed three of the endomags.
Because they were a relatively new item at the time, they asked me to send them in so they could see how they held up.  All three kabooms blew the base off of the pmag, and cracked the magazine bodies.  They then sent me new pmags and endomags to replace the destroyed ones.  Just to make some ARFCOM understands, it was a short chambered 9mm barrel that caused the Out of Battery kaboom and had nothing to do with the endomags.  Once the barrel was replaced, the gun ran fine without any problems.  I wish they would make endomags in 45 acp.

Link Posted: 10/25/2021 8:58:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I have the Stern Defense adapter for Glock mags and it has been 100% reliable zero issues.
View Quote

Do you recommend the glock mags over the P320 stern? I only ask as I already have P320 mags
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 10:20:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

So are there any issues you’ve had with endomags at all instead of going with a dedicated lower?
View Quote

None
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 10:41:28 PM EDT
[#12]
I started out with endomags and a standard lower. It's an okay solution, but it's expensive. I ended up getting a dedicated 9-millimeter lower from PSA, it takes Glock magazines which are plentiful and relatively inexpensive.

Link Posted: 10/26/2021 12:01:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Glock magazines which are plentiful and relatively inexpensive.
View Quote

Butt ugly AF
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 12:58:55 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Do you recommend the glock mags over the P320 stern? I only ask as I already have P320 mags
View Quote

I am sure any mags will work, I went with Glock mags because I already had them. Plus you can buy Magpul Glock mags cheap.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top