Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/21/2024 10:42:01 PM EDT
I looked and did not find a good answer. My friend built a 300 blk from a PSA 10.5 upper, it shoots fine but is way over gassed. I know about the brt gas tube, but if you ask me its hit or miss for getting the perfect size.

What is the best reasonably priced set it and forget it gas block, he does not need to adjust it once set and will pretty much always shoot supers. I know some get erosion from the gas, and some will stick if not maintained. The sticking is not an issue if erosion is not a problem, but erosion and sticking is not good.

what would you suggest?
Link Posted: 7/21/2024 11:01:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Any restrictive type AGB will require maintenance or risk becoming carbon locked. The Superlative Arms gas block, when used in bleed-off mode, doesn’t require any maintenance.

That said, if he’s going for a “set it and forget it”, it doesn’t really matter if it’s carbon locked because he’s not going to be adjusting it. In which case the Aero AGB is much cheaper than the Superlative.
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 11:49:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Ya, pretty much any AGB that is lockable will do.  Just make sure the set screw is accessible when installed.  I saw one that had the set screw on the journal side of the gas block and there would be no way to get a wrench on it once installed.  Total brain fart.
Link Posted: 7/23/2024 11:06:52 AM EDT
[#3]
YHM has a gas block that starts with a narrow (maybe 0.054”) hole that you can easily up-drill to whatever size works best. With a set of numbered drills and a portable drill and a dimpled barrel this can be done quickly & easily at the range if the handguard allows access to the gas block set screws.  A small drill press vise or even Knipex pliers or c-clamp helps to hold work piece.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1023816933?pid=233828
Link Posted: 7/23/2024 11:22:42 AM EDT
[#4]
I’ve had an Aero adjustable on back order for almost 3 months.

Hopefully they are about to crank out a batch.

The Aero seemed to be a good combination of positive reviews, adjustability, and reasonable price.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top