Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/4/2018 8:37:53 PM EDT
I know numrich sells them , but 'condition will vary' makes me nervous and I don't see them come up often in EE or gunbroker (I know there are a few). I know Cav arms makes a modernized repo, but I don't have any direct experience with them.

Do you guys have any thoughts?

edit:: actually there are more on GB than I originally thought. Still interested in alternative sources / your experiences with Numrich or Cav Arms though.
Link Posted: 3/4/2018 9:10:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Got my last two off ebay and the one before that from Charlie's Surplus (I think that was the name).  Two of the three, looked new to me, on of the ones off ebay had a slight crack down by the sling swivel (can't see it till you turn it over and look.
Link Posted: 3/4/2018 9:27:23 PM EDT
[#2]
I got a NIW one at a gunshow for 20 bucks in 2016
Link Posted: 3/4/2018 10:43:56 PM EDT
[#3]
I’ve got ones from Numnuts that look like they were new takeoffs, and others that’s were cracked, gouged and dented. It really does vary with them.
Link Posted: 3/4/2018 11:34:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I’ve got ones from Numnuts that look like they were new takeoffs, and others that’s were cracked, gouged and dented. It really does vary with them.
View Quote
Thanks for that. I think I'll go ahead and take a chance for the $25 they're asking.
Link Posted: 3/5/2018 1:36:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Looks like gunnysurplus has some as well, but not as cheap.
Link Posted: 3/5/2018 10:19:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Thanks for that. I think I'll go ahead and take a chance for the $25 they're asking.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've got ones from Numnuts that look like they were new takeoffs, and others that's were cracked, gouged and dented. It really does vary with them.
Some of the stocks they have look like they've sat at the bottom of the ocean for 50 years. I've had a few of them with the metal parts rusted to almost nothing. Place a lot of emphasis on the word "vary". Lol. (Not to discourage you, however.)
Link Posted: 3/9/2018 12:46:47 PM EDT
[#7]
A good wtb EE ad would
Do wonders
Some people here look for hose and have very very good inventory.
Link Posted: 3/9/2018 10:52:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Check with US Collectors Ordnance.
Link Posted: 3/10/2018 12:22:36 AM EDT
[#9]
I appreciate all the tips. I actually managed to find one on gunbroker that looked pretty good for a decent price. I'll keep this filed away for if I ever want to add one to another rifle.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top