Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/24/2024 9:41:12 AM EDT
Recently got this barrel for an 11.5" upper and before I go through the trouble of dimpling the barrel I wanted to see if anyone here can share their experience with these?  They are manufactured by Ballistic Advantage and are chrome-lined... $135 on sale seems like a good price.  I will run this suppressed most of the time so not sure if the lightweight profile will be an issue or not.  I have commitment issues with parts lol
Link Posted: 6/24/2024 10:42:10 AM EDT
[#1]
I have the nitride version of this barrel; wish I had known they made a a chrome lined one. I have no complaints, except the gas port is quite large. You'll want to get a BRT gas tube or adjustable gas block if it's run suppressed most of the time.
Link Posted: 6/24/2024 10:54:47 AM EDT
[#2]
I actually have a 0.71 BRT tube (had a backup on hand) so gas shouldn't be an issue.  Is yours as light as mine?  Came out to 17.3 oz without any gas block.
Link Posted: 6/24/2024 11:30:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Profile and weight look to be similar to the Spike's CHF 11.5" barrel, but less than half the price! If it shoots it should be a winner. I'm intrigued by the 12.5" version's weight.
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 12:15:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I actually have a 0.71 BRT tube (had a backup on hand) so gas shouldn't be an issue.  Is yours as light as mine?  Came out to 17.3 oz without any gas block.
View Quote

I have mine written down as 18.5oz without gas block. I looked up the part number and it's a Gunner profile barrel, so not as light as a pencil. Basically an 11.5 Gunner but with carbine gas system instead of the usual mid gas.
Brownells link
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 1:04:29 AM EDT
[#5]
I have one of their 10.3" LW bbls on my MK18-ish build. Noticeable feel over my other 10.3" bbls.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/27/2024 10:08:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Anyone pin gauged the gas port?

The 10.3 and 11.5 specifically
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top