Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/16/2024 5:33:48 PM EDT
It's designed for suppressor use and I would like less gas to the face if possible. I run their Warhammer in everything with no problems.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 8:51:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By RangeToy:
It's designed for suppressor use and I would like less gas to the face if possible. I run their Warhammer in everything with no problems.
View Quote

I felt very little difference between it and a geissele ach or regular radian raptor ch.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 9:12:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WUPHF] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By IneptKomodo:

I felt very little difference between it and a geissele ach or regular radian raptor ch.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By IneptKomodo:
Originally Posted By RangeToy:

IME, “suppressed” charging handles don’t do a lot.  They can offer a small improvement on decently balanced systems with moderate or lower backpressure cans, but if your gun is noticeably gassy suppressed, they aren’t going to offer much improvement.

A low backpressure can and/or tuning/restricting gas at the port is about the only way to make marked changes in the blowback/gassiness of a particular gun.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 10:38:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Of course, adjustable gas block does more, but that is not the subject here.

I have a couple on the way so we shall see. Any help is better than none.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 8:39:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Damn, Breek Arms ships fast. Already on the way
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 8:53:11 AM EDT
[#5]
yea i have one on a lightweight Ar, the "grip" of the charging handle is thinner than most. but still works and feels stout.
i havnt put a suppressor on that particular rifle so no idea if it helps with gas face.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 7:10:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Listen, I have a cheap Ambi no name charging handle on my 11.5" with a Gemtech Patrolman. I get no gas in my face, just a dirty magazine after seeing that I truly am convinced that a bunch (not all) of these name brand parts and items. The no name or Chinese knockoffs will work just as well for a fraction of the cost.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top