Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/21/2024 5:39:29 PM EDT
Considering one. I can install a Triarc EZ pin gb no problem with at least one dimple for indexing.

Thanks
Link Posted: 7/21/2024 6:18:25 PM EDT
[#1]
No dimple.
Link Posted: 7/21/2024 6:41:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Tlduncan14:
No dimple.
View Quote

/thread. Thanks
Link Posted: 7/21/2024 9:36:24 PM EDT
[#3]
You can dimple the barrel yourself if you need a dimple, just align the gas block first.
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 1:04:54 AM EDT
[#4]
There are countless treads on if dimpling is necessary. I like having it, but I have ones without.  I don't lose sleep over it. As tight as a BCM gas block is, add set screws and it's completely shielded by the handguard... That shit ain't going nowhere. Like I said, I like dimples. They should all have them. Do I care if they don't? Nope. Pick a barrel you like. Gas block dimples shouldn't be a deciding factor. A contributing one maybe, but hardly a deal breaker
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 2:17:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Just buy a cheap gas block dimpling tool.

That plus a Dremel or any type of hand drill is just as good as any pre dimpled barrel.

Even without a dimple, the small mark from the spiked set screw on the tool will ensure you have the gas block propperly aligned. Propper set screws will cut a circle into the barrel and hold better than a dimple. After that, carbon will lock the gas block in place after 200 rounds anyway.
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 2:34:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TGWLDR] [#6]
These:

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Plus proper torque and Loctite 243 (242 works fine as well), it's solid.

As for the Hodge barrels OP, I can't help you.

Properly indexed dimples are good for locating a GB, nothing more IME.

Edit:  Like so:

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 3:57:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Properly indexed dimples are good for locating a GB, nothing more IME.
View Quote

I agree.  If the gas block is going to be exposed to possible impact, pinning is the way.
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 10:52:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: nomad221] [#8]
Thanks for all of your replies guys. Great methods all.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top