Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/27/2024 8:09:49 AM EDT
I have a Geissele Super Duty with the B5 Sopmod Buttstock.  Trijicon Credo 1-6 LPVO takes CR2032 batteries.  Fun to realize the batteries don't fit in that stock's storage compartment.  Having NO extra batteries on my rifle is not an option, IMO.  

I bought the BCM Gunfighter Vertical Grip but that has no storage.  I checked and BCM doesn't seem to make one with storage.

So, is there a consensus on M-LOK vertical grip that has storage that can hold my CR2032 batteries?

TYIA!
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 8:50:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Not grip storage, but VORTEX offers this.

Also, related discussion HERE
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 9:38:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ducati650] [#2]
I have B2 pistol grips on my ARs and use their GRIP PLUG SKU: GRP-1457. They work very well.

"The Battery Grip Plug is a water and dust resistant storage core for the Type 23 and 22 P-Grips. Compatible with AA, 123A, CR2032 and MultiTasker NANO Tool."
B5's image.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 9:51:24 AM EDT
[#3]
BCM pistol grips have a trap door with internal storage for batteries and such.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 9:55:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Right but then I'd have to replace the Geissel pistol grip with something else, which I don't really want to do.

There is no M-Lok vertical grip (that's not a POS) that has storage?

I have a hard time believing Magpul or BCM (or DD) don't make an M-Lok vertical grip with storage?
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 10:27:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 11:12:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Keep a pack in your range bag. There is zero reason to keep one on the gun.
Link Posted: 9/23/2024 10:55:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Wanted to report back as I found a good solution and wanted to share.

Found a person/company that 3d prints an insert for the BCM Gunfighter Vertical Grip.  He customizes it to your battery/storage need so he put two grooves in it to securely hold two CR2032 batteries.  Genius.  No need to change out my pistol grip for one that accommodates storage, and now I have piece of mind that I'll always have backup batteries on my weapon.  Batteries in a range bag are no good if I don't have my range bag.  It cost $18 shipped.

Here is the reddit thread:
https://www.reddit.com/r/GunAccessoryVendors/comments/12oipn7/vendor_bcm_vert_grip_mod_3magpul_mvg_battery/

https://www.facebook.com/SC.Printdustries/
Link Posted: 9/24/2024 9:12:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/1/2024 8:41:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Is the B5 that different from the LMT stock?  Pretty sure I have a gen1 SOPMOD, do not recall who made it, but CR123s fit perfectly.

Have to store a spare 18650 in the BCM grip, a spare bolt will fit in a Larue FUG as well.
Link Posted: 10/1/2024 8:48:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 0100010:
Is the B5 that different from the LMT stock?  Pretty sure I have a gen1 SOPMOD, do not recall who made it, but CR123s fit perfectly.

Have to store a spare 18650 in the BCM grip, a spare bolt will fit in a Larue FUG as well.
View Quote

CR123's fit just fine. It's 2032 coin cell batteries for optics that don't fit in the SOPMOD compartments.
Link Posted: 10/2/2024 4:09:54 AM EDT
[#11]
A friend of mine stitched up some elastic band for holding extra 2032 batteries.

If you really don't care about looks, maybe rig up something to your scope body with some electrical tape.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top