Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/22/2024 5:22:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Bowhntr6pt]
Just picked up an 18" SS Krieger SPR 1-7 barrel from a friend, it's new in the wrap from 2014, he simply never got around to building the rifle.

Barrel is from Compass Lake Engineering and I have the original invoice with sales receipt. Barrel also came with a bolt with a number etched on it that matches a number stamped on the barrel.

For those familiar with gas port sizes, what should the gas port on this barrel be?

I ask because it looks rather large to me... it measures (roughly) .090" or thereabouts.

I plan to use this with my AEM5 suppressor.

Link Posted: 7/22/2024 11:50:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Rifle gas system?
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 1:53:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Marksman14] [#2]
Rifle gas SPR 18” if I recall are right at .101” or so.  

ETA: centurion lists this on their website, and my Douglas CLE SPR barrel is also the same.
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 2:38:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DevL] [#3]
Originally Posted By Bowhntr6pt:
Just picked up an 18" SS Krieger SPR 1-7 barrel from a friend, it's new in the wrap from 2014, he simply never got around to building the rifle.

Barrel is from Compass Lake Engineering and I have the original invoice with sales receipt. Barrel also came with a bolt with a number etched on it that matches a number stamped on the barrel.

For those familiar with gas port sizes, what should the gas port on this barrel be?

I ask because it looks rather large to me... it measures (roughly) .900" or thereabouts.

I plan to use this with my AEM5 suppressor.

View Quote

Gas block section on SPR barrel is only .750"

.900" is about as wide as the barrel at the chamber.

.090" is smaller than M16A2 and Mk12 specs.

What rifle length .223/5.56 gas port does it "look rather large" to you in comparison to? Just your imagination of what a rifle gas port should look like? or some other caliber or gas system length that has MUCH higher pressure at the port position?

Your description makes it sound kind of small, not big.
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 5:17:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bowhntr6pt] [#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DevL:

Gas block section on SPR barrel is only .750"

.900" is about as wide as the barrel at the chamber.

.090" is smaller than M16A2 and Mk12 specs.

What rifle length .223/5.56 gas port does it "look rather large" to you in comparison to? Just your imagination of what a rifle gas port should look like? or some other caliber or gas system length that has MUCH higher pressure at the port position?

Your description makes it sound kind of small, not big.
View Quote

Fixed... .090ish.

I did compare it to another barrel... I guess it was knid of an opitical illusion lol... all is good.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 5:19:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Marksman14:
Rifle gas SPR 18” if I recall are right at .101” or so.  

ETA: centurion lists this on their website, and my Douglas CLE SPR barrel is also the same.
View Quote

After I made my post I found this out... thanks.

Again, my measurement was VERY CRUDE and I now believe it to be the correct .101". It is an 18" RLG barrel.

Thanks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top