Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/12/2020 11:23:24 AM EDT
New member here. I am a gun enthusiast and am currently building my first AR15. I am stuck between these 3 Mlok styled handguards - Geissele MK14, the SLR Solo Lite, and the BCM MCMR? What do you all think will function/perform the best and look the coolest?

Geissele - https://geissele.com/rifle-parts/upper-parts/super-modular-rails/mk14-m-lok.html

SLR - https://slrrifleworks.com/hand-guards/5-56-handguards/solo-series/solo-lite-series/

BCM - https://bravocompanyusa.com/bcm-mcmr-m-lok-handguard/
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 4:33:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
New member here. I am a gun enthusiast and am currently building my first AR15. I am stuck between these 3 Mlok styled handguards - Geissele MK14, the SLR Solo Lite, and the BCM MCMR? What do you all think will function/perform the best and look the coolest?

Geissele - https://geissele.com/rifle-parts/upper-parts/super-modular-rails/mk14-m-lok.html

SLR - https://slrrifleworks.com/hand-guards/5-56-handguards/solo-series/solo-lite-series/

BCM - https://bravocompanyusa.com/bcm-mcmr-m-lok-handguard/
View Quote

'Best' is too subjective.

BCM seems the best balance of features and cost. They are all good.
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 4:53:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Slr.

If you're willing to go out of those 3, V7.
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 5:08:11 PM EDT
[#3]
BCM all day. I think the barrel nut ballsack that the other two rails have is stupid.
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 6:38:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 7:26:48 PM EDT
[#5]
ALG EMR's are incredibly comfortable and less expensive than any of those options.

But between those three, BCM. Best looking. Best price. Case closed.
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 7:29:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
I support this statement
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 7:29:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
BCM all day. I think the barrel nut ballsack that the other two rails have is stupid.
View Quote

You know, I say this to my brother everytime I see rails like this, the clamp on type. I fucking hate the rail-sack.

BCM is the way. Price is good, weight is good, mounting style is good, and subjectively - looks good.
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 7:31:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

You know, I say this to my brother everytime I see rails like this, the clamp on type. I fucking hate the rail-sack.

BCM is the way. Price is good, weight is good, mounting style is good, and subjectively - looks good.
View Quote

I like the barrel nut sack. Mk14 is best
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 7:34:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I like the barrel nut sack. Mk14 is best
View Quote

You like grabbing and holding nut sacks?
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 7:36:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Midwest Industries Combat Lightweight is lighter and cheaper than all three of those...
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 7:47:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Midwest Industries Combat Lightweight is lighter and cheaper than all three of those...
View Quote

But better how?
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 8:34:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Good, light, cheap. Pick 2.
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 8:42:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Ny opinion

Slr looks better
Bcm has better locking method
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 8:50:30 PM EDT
[#14]
I own/have owned multiple BCM and Geissele rails, BCM gets the nod for the better lightweight option. The G rails are very good though.
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 9:22:53 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm impressed with my Spikes SAR3 rail. It's very light yet still totally stiff/solid. I doubt any other rail will be as solid while matching the same weight. They're expensive though.
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 12:41:29 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Good, light, cheap. Pick 2.
View Quote

I don't know, Geissele and Hodge make rails that are good and expensive, but aren't particularly lightweight.

OP, another thing to consider is whether you want M-Lok on three sides or seven. SLR and Geissele make seven-sided rails as well.

Link Posted: 12/12/2020 12:49:29 AM EDT
[#17]
I prefer Midwest Industries ultralight weight combat rails with titanium hardware, given cost/weight/quality + easy install, non timed barrel nut.

Link Posted: 12/12/2020 2:01:48 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

You sir are an American treasure.

I died

Also, I would vote outside and say Geissele MK8 (smaller sack)
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 11:23:24 AM EDT
[#19]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 12:57:47 PM EDT
[#20]
I have had great luck with Midwest Industries
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 1:12:08 PM EDT
[#21]
I have worked on all three brands (a SLR was a ION Ultra Lite, BCM MCMR and Geissele MK14) and like the Geissele MK14 the best, followed closely by SLR and view the BCM as a step below.

The SLR and the Geissele both have integrated QD sockets while the BCM comes with a QD sling mount. The BCM get some points for the included barrel nut wrench but the wrenches for the SLR and the Geissele are not that much more of an added expense.

All three are great after they've been installed. The BCM does have the cleanest transition from rail to receiver. For me it boils down to the barrel nut and the anti-rotation design. The BCM barrel nut is easy to mar when tightening and/or loosening it. The SLR and the Geissele both have superior barrel nut designs (in terms of length, cross bolt clamps and wrench interface) but I believe the Geissele is the better of the two. I also prefer the anti-rotation set screws on the Geissele over the anti-rotation inserts on the BCM and the SLR.
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 1:20:04 PM EDT
[#22]

2 MI industries and 1 BCM.

Both excellent choices
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 2:56:19 PM EDT
[#23]
that was great insight from someone that has worked with all 3. Thank you for all of that info. I am leaning G rail for sure.
Link Posted: 12/13/2020 11:15:16 AM EDT
[#24]
Me and my brother run bcm kmr on all our rifles ( 7 and counting) and ive never found a reason to use anything else. A bcm rail with the v7 titanium barrel nut is a very light combo.
Link Posted: 12/13/2020 11:14:10 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Slr.

View Quote

That. I used BCM exclusively until I found the V Seven rails.
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 10:01:58 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

That. I used BCM exclusively until I found the V Seven rails.
https://i.imgur.com/lqILX6q.jpg
View Quote

Who makes the heat shields you have on the V7 handguard?
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 7:32:42 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Who makes the heat shields you have on the V7 handguard?
View Quote

Those are RailScales KOS panels. They make several sizes, patterns and with and without the window for sling mounts and hand stops. These ones are G10 material.
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 10:02:35 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Those are RailScales KOS panels. They make several sizes, patterns and with and without the window for sling mounts and hand stops. These ones are G10 material.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/15/2020 5:34:17 PM EDT
[#29]
V7 Hyperlight MLOK is what you seek.  Significantly lighter than anything you listed and is dripping with excellence. Pair it with a pencil 0.625" type very lightweight barrel and you're well on your way to a solid lightweight build
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 5:50:59 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

You like grabbing and holding nut sacks?
View Quote

You don’t?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top