Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/12/2024 1:05:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: grasshopper22]
Right now I have a Strike Industries XBR Extended bolt catch installed, and also have a Strike Enhanced EBC in my parts bin. Neither do a very good job of letting me get my index finger on the latch, at least not overwhelmingly better than a stock catch would since they’re simply larger or forward of the stock location.
The extra leverage of the XBR is somewhat helpful, I just wish the extension pad was going aft instead of forward… that part is worthless for me.

Is the Geissele Maritime my best bet? Any other suggestions that would extend the release back for me?
Link Posted: 10/12/2024 1:09:31 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm not a lefty but I prefer the radian arms bolt catch over the G$ maritime catch.  The radian arms one doesn't block the hammer pin hole.

If you're close to NKY I probably have a spare radian.
Link Posted: 10/12/2024 1:34:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the offer, the Radian looks pretty good. I may take you up on that when I’m next heading north. I’m in the Lexington area.
Link Posted: 10/12/2024 2:44:58 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm not lefty either, but FCD makes one that extends back a bit to make it easier to hit with you finger (left handed). Great products and incredible customer service). Worth a look.
Link Posted: 10/12/2024 3:55:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Just10mm] [#4]
Righty shooting left here (opposite OP), the Geissele works well for me. So much so that I haven't felt the need to seek out something else.

FWIW / YMMV
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top