AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/21/2024 6:41:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By tstetz:

It depends on the A2. I sent him two in the Spring, and out of the ones I had only two of the six he said would work for a reprofile.
View Quote

Can you elaborate on what is the correct a2 to send in,? Is there certain features or company I should look for?

Anyone have bracemans contact info or do I pm him here?
Link Posted: 7/21/2024 7:26:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: weptek911] [#2]
Unsolicited advice;

Keep the barrel stub with the chamber to make a dedicated .22 using a CMMG .22 LR conversion unit.SBR Or pistol build.
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 9:44:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By jwb211:

Interesting. I'm not sure what the difference would but apparently got lucky with the one I sent.
View Quote

Something to do with the profile in the back. I sent him pics of what I had and only two were good. Even those two he needed to add some weld to the rear to cut the profile correctly. Obviously John could explain it better than me! Maybe worth checking though before anyone sends an 80 to him to redo.

Link Posted: 7/22/2024 12:23:33 PM EDT
[#4]

Anyone have bracemans contact info or do I pm him here?
View Quote

I can pm you his email if you still need it. You can message him on here, which is what I did at first, but he just gave me his email, so I used that instead.
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 1:55:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Ryan45678:

I can pm you his email if you still need it. You can message him on here, which is what I did at first, but he just gave me his email, so I used that instead.
View Quote

Another member pm his email address to me.  I appreciate you reaching out to offer though.  I will get in contact with him about what lower to send into him.
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 2:05:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Checked bowmans website and looks to be all sold out of m16a1 parts kits. Wonder how many were sold.
Link Posted: 7/24/2024 10:03:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Paul455] [#7]
Got my quote from Braceman to weld the mag stb to a 80%, reprofile and engrave the select fire. The 80% lower should be here this weekend so I can ship to him.

Here are a few pics of the Bowman parts kit I got a month ago.

Link Posted: 7/24/2024 10:07:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Paul455:
Got my quote from Braceman to weld the mag stb to a 80%, reprofile and engrave the select fire. The 80% lower should be here this weekend so I can ship to him.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/flm7i23gbthdi69aj8im4/1000008978.jpg?rlkey=b7eijjxqci0dq4krztd8dhkua&dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/565f0nwa88xfs53qb9gte/1000008979.jpg?rlkey=jn71ipzxxsuet9yi58khz4x10&dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/rnnrsy3i4wn1ot90743yd/1000008967.jpg?rlkey=noeg0mypej8spj61gkup8vf5y&dl=0
View Quote

Pics didnt load, need a minimum of 50 post to upload pics I believe.  Curious what 80% lower you went with?
Link Posted: 7/24/2024 10:43:19 PM EDT
[#9]

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/flm7i23gbthdi69aj8im4/1000008978.jpg?rlkey=b7eijjxqci0dq4krztd8dhkua&dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/565f0nwa88xfs53qb9gte/1000008979.jpg?rlkey=jn71ipzxxsuet9yi58khz4x10&dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/rnnrsy3i4wn1ot90743yd/1000008967.jpg?rlkey=noeg0mypej8spj61gkup8vf5y&dl=0
View Quote

Here you go

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/24/2024 11:25:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Thank you gentlemen.

Im using the same that the OP Ryan sent Braceman.

Thunder Tactical 80% Raw

Price looks fantastic untill tou see their flat rate shipping is 24 cheeseballs. Still not bad.

Braceman had no issues with that option. And Ryan's turned out well.
Link Posted: 7/25/2024 4:55:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Got my kit today. All parts were in the box and the only thing I think had paint on it is the butt stock. Rest is all colt worn gray. I'm very happy with the kit.
Link Posted: 7/25/2024 5:37:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Plumberguy:
Got my kit today. All parts were in the box and the only thing I think had paint on it is the butt stock. Rest is all colt worn gray. I'm very happy with the kit.
View Quote

Lucky! I think only one other person in this thread had original colt finish on the metal parts instead of black spray paint. That will make for a nice looking build.
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 9:57:19 AM EDT
[#13]
Can you PM me bracemans email please
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 10:01:34 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 10:18:03 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Spicysauce_24:
View Quote

Just sent it to you
Link Posted: 7/28/2024 5:43:53 AM EDT
[#16]
If anyone’s doesn’t plan on using their magwell nub, I got a guy who is willing to compensate you very nicely for it.
Link Posted: 7/28/2024 9:28:53 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Plumberguy:
View Quote

Nice. Now if you build it, hopefully you can match the colt color to the upper.
Link Posted: 7/28/2024 9:49:13 AM EDT
[#18]
Right now I'm using a gray h&r retro lower I had laying around. I'm not sure if I'm gonna use the colt maxwell or just sell it and buy an h&r gray m16 lower.
Link Posted: 9/20/2024 11:45:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Paul455] [#19]
Hello Gents,

Seems this thread went cold.

Update:
Braceman shipped my welded lower out today and I will get it early next week. He had it exactly 1 month.
Enclosed photo is Braceman's. The scratches look pretty heavy. Maybe it's just digital artifacting, though I saw some of you guys' looked similar. Hopefully, I can fill them before painting with Norrells.

Got a PSA H&R 20" M16A1 Pencil Barrel, 5.56, 1/7,Parkerized stripped barrel.
Picked up repro handgards and buttsock with metal trap door. My kit units were trash and I was not paying huge bucks to get originals in nice shape.

Now I just have to sort out the milling jig to use. Any ideas on units you found to work well?

Updated image link to allow zooming.
https://i.imgur.com/YVzb9Ae.jpeg
Link Posted: 9/21/2024 2:39:14 AM EDT
[#20]
He really is a wizard. What scratches are you talking about. I don’t see anything major and I think that looks great.
Link Posted: 9/21/2024 9:39:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Paul455] [#21]
Originally Posted By hollowhandle:
He really is a wizard. What scratches are you talking about. I don’t see anything major and I think that looks great.
View Quote

Oh, he is.

The entire bare aluminum portion has deep sanding / grinding marks for the A1 reprofiling. Very obvious to me.
Im hoping it is only the digital photo has a lot of "structure" in the edit as that can super magnify that sort. Otherwise, I will have to hit it with a filler primer.

I did notice the photo host does not allow the zoom option. Ill reupload to another provider and post link below.

Link Posted: 9/21/2024 9:45:13 AM EDT
[#22]

Oh, he is.

The entire bare aluminum portion has deep sanding / grinding marks for the A1 reprofiling. Very obvious to me.
Im hoping it is only the digital photo has a lot of "structure" in the edit as that can super magnify that sort. Otherwise, I will have to hit it with a filler primer.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By hollowhandle:

Oh, he is.

I think filler primer is just asking for problems. I would just lightly blast it with a fine grit aluminum oxide.
Link Posted: 9/21/2024 9:48:51 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By jwb211:

I think filler primer is just asking for problems. I would just lightly blast it with a fine grit aluminum oxide.
View Quote

Yeah, after I posted that comment, I thought the same thing. Good point, sir.
Link Posted: 9/21/2024 10:06:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Paul455] [#24]
Disregard. Cannot delete this post.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top