Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/4/2024 3:32:26 PM EDT
The handguards will fit a middy barrel with minor modification. The pistol grip fits without any mod.

Link Posted: 6/4/2024 3:50:40 PM EDT
[#1]
You had me very confused w/ your original title.
Link Posted: 6/4/2024 5:44:05 PM EDT
[#2]
What did you do for heat shields (if any)?
Link Posted: 6/4/2024 5:54:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
It is semi, so no heat shields needed.
Link Posted: 6/4/2024 6:46:45 PM EDT
[#4]

That looks wonderful

Link Posted: 6/5/2024 6:37:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've had semi-auto rifles without heat shields get hot AF, to the point where I could no longer comfortably hold the handguard even with a glove on.  Had to take my hand off every few seconds while wearing a glove.  Someone got a nasty 2nd degree burn handling my rifle, it was so hot.  I can't imagine how it would have been firing on auto if it had that feature.
Link Posted: 6/7/2024 8:32:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I've had semi-auto rifles without heat shields get hot AF, to the point where I could no longer comfortably hold the handguard even with a glove on.  Had to take my hand off every few seconds while wearing a glove.  Someone got a nasty 2nd degree burn handling my rifle, it was so hot.  I can't imagine how it would have been firing on auto if it had that feature.
View Quote

It's compatible with the heat shields from the longer, rifle length handguards. You just need to cut them down, which is very simple because it's thin material. But once cut down, they fit inside these handguards perfectly.
Link Posted: 6/7/2024 9:38:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Looks good
Link Posted: 6/7/2024 10:46:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

It's compatible with the heat shields from the longer, rifle length handguards. You just need to cut them down, which is very simple because it's thin material. But once cut down, they fit inside these handguards perfectly.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Excellent.
Link Posted: 6/10/2024 6:31:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Attachment Attached File

That's what I did on my middy A2 build too.

I used heat shield tape inside mine. Probably not as good as a real heat shield, but better than nothing. I haven't got it really cooking to see though. Maybe I need to do some mag dumps for science, lol.
Link Posted: 6/10/2024 10:11:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/42803/A2CarbineCamo_1_jpg-3237808.JPG

I used heat shield tape inside mine. Probably not as good as a real heat shield, but better than nothing. I haven't got it really cooking to see though. Maybe I need to do some mag dumps for science, lol.
View Quote

I've used that aluminized tape on FAL handguards. Works way better than it has any reason to, and it's cheap.
Link Posted: 6/11/2024 2:06:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I've used that aluminized tape on FAL handguards. Works way better than it has any reason to, and it's cheap.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What tape is this?  My FAL gets hot enough to burn my hands if I shoot it enough.  I could use some.
Link Posted: 6/11/2024 4:25:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

What tape is this?  My FAL gets hot enough to burn my hands if I shoot it enough.  I could use some.
View Quote

I dunno if this is the best stuff or not, but this is what I used on that Portuguese handguard and my N23 handguards.

Heat Tape Link
Link Posted: 6/11/2024 5:38:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I believe it was just HVAC aluminum foil tape.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top