Posted: 4/26/2024 5:13:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RangeToy]
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 7:05:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: s4s4u] [#1]
nvrmnd
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 7:14:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Faxon Gunners are pretty light.

I have a 7.5" 4150 with a pinned gas block.  (300blk)

Link Posted: 4/26/2024 11:26:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ak4784] [#3]
I just ended up going from 7.5 to 8" so I could run my suppressor. Mount wouldn't fit in front of my SLR rail. I didn't want to replace my SLR rail. Ended up going with a Ballistic Advantage 8" Modern Series. I shot it last weekend quite a bit. It ran ok. Unfortunately I am going to have to add an adjustable gas block and tune the gas flow for better performance. I should have known with this build a AGB would be needed. I was hoping lol. So far I love this build.
The suppressor is a Aero Precision Lahar 30K. No barrel limits and is Full Auto rated.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 3:53:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ak4784:
I just ended up going from 7.5 to 8" so I could run my suppressor. Mount wouldn't fit in front of my SLR rail. I didn't want to replace my SLR rail. Ended up going with a Ballistic Advantage 8" Modern Series. I shot it last weekend quite a bit. It ran ok. Unfortunately I am going to have to add an adjustable gas block and tune the gas flow for better performance. I should have known with this build a AGB would be needed. I was hoping lol. So far I love this build.
The suppressor is a Aero Precision Lahar 30K. No barrel limits and is Full Auto rated.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/53193/IMG_5612_jpeg-3199003.JPG
View Quote

What BCG are you running?
How's the accuracy of that barrel? I see a lot of posts about them not being consistent.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:40:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By RangeToy:

What BCG are you running?
How's the accuracy of that barrel? I see a lot of posts about them not being consistent.
View Quote

BCG is a standard M16. Colt I believe.

So far the bbl seems fine. I just assembled it about 10 days ago and have only had it to the range once. I was mostly function checking the rifle. I only did a half assed zero on the Eotech at 25 yards and got it dialed in enough to get a consistent fist sized group. I was shooting free hand and my time was limited that day. I am sure I can tighten that up a bit.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top