Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/15/2024 4:32:49 PM EDT
Picked this up from my FFL the other day. The "new" Bushmaster XM15A2. Bushmaster bills the barrel as 4150 CMV, phosphated and chrome lined. Nothing much on the bolt/bcg except "HPT and MPI tested, phosphate/chrome lined". The included mag is marked with a CAGE code of 6M9N8, which references to C-Products Defense. Sling is a basic carry strap from my parts box.

The buttstock, pistol grip, and handguards appear to be the usual commercial types. Handguards fit snugly together with no gaps visible. They'll do for now but I may replace them later on with some better quality parts.

This particular example has the Bushmaster 50th Anniversary logo on the magwell. I could have done without it but this was all that was available at Bud's when I ordered.

Overall, fit and finish seems decent. Probably won't make it to the range for a while, though.

Haven't had the chance to examine Springfield's new (ish) SA-16A2, but I'm curious how the two would compare.

Link Posted: 6/15/2024 7:21:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Super nice.
Mine an original Dike Windham Bushmaster, itโ€™s crazy accurate. I love it for crow hunting. ๐Ÿ˜
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 7:30:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Glad to see A2s coming back.
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 8:00:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ar154all:
Glad to see A2s coming back.
View Quote

Yessir.  They are useful still.
Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top