Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/20/2024 4:44:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: themao]
Hi folks. I was curious if any of you have tried one of these:

https://centurionarms.com/carriers-bolt-carrier-groups/c4-bolt-carrier-hard-chromed-with-sand-rail-cuts

They make two different chrome lined bolts as well (standard vs KAC barrel extensions).

Motivation for purchase: 16” upper I shoot suppressed a lot. I want to know if a chrome lined bolt and bolt carrier will be any easier to clean over a phosphate mil spec bolt carrier group.

I have Geissele’s nano weapon bolt/bolt carriers, and a DD5V3 DLC finished bolt/bolt carrier that I use suppressed. Much easier to clean than a standard phosphate coated bolt and bolt carrier.

Thanks
Link Posted: 7/20/2024 6:29:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Hard chrome plated BCGs clean up easily.
Link Posted: 7/20/2024 7:12:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JJL0325] [#2]
I run the Centurion sand cutter with an E-BCG in my 12.5". I do have the hard chrome Centurion duel ejector bolt, but have it in a standard LMT phosphate carrier.

They do clean up a lot easier than phosphate. Not as easy as NP3, but it also doesn't shed lube like NP3.

Link Posted: 7/20/2024 11:38:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the replies. Any more comments? I figured they cleaned easier, but every coating has its nuances.
Link Posted: 7/21/2024 8:54:37 AM EDT
[#4]
I have one of the special Grinch sand cutters combined with the new enhanced bolt. So easy to clean up. Month does such a nice job on these.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/21/2024 9:03:35 AM EDT
[#5]
What do they weigh?
Link Posted: 7/21/2024 12:19:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By RangeToy:
What do they weigh?
View Quote

The same as all the other bcgs.
Link Posted: 7/21/2024 2:54:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Chrome cleans up easy. That said, I'm not paying $200 for a carrier that has sand cuts I've never needed before. Chrome microbest for me.
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 4:47:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By themao:They make two different chrome lined bolts as well (standard vs KAC barrel extensions).

View Quote

*Three different chromed bolts: Centurion Arms V2 Bolt

Centurion Arms' new bolt design will make your AR platform more reliable and last longer with a lifetime guarantee against bolt breakage. Our new bolt has a body profile that creates a larger radius between the bolt lugs and the body that allows the pressure to be spread over a larger area reducing stress points which leads to lug failures. We have also added dual ejectors that help rotate the brass off the bolt face faster to ensures more reliable ejection in rifles while running suppressed or going back and forth between suppressed/unsuppressed. This also helps with platforms that are considered to be “over-gassed”.

Our V2 bolts use a standard lug profile and can drop into any mil spec barrel extension.

V2 bolts use standard gas rings for logistical commonality and also use standard extractors with black inserts and either Colt OEM extractor springs or our upgraded 5 coil chrome silica stress relieved spring for ultimate reliability (EXT-SPRING) .

Lastly, our V2 bolts do not require a proprietary firing pin or cam pin so please feel free to mix and match with your favorite standard selections as well.

Barrel Extension Compatibility:
V2 bolts are compatible with BOTH Standard M4 Extensions and Centurion Arms "T" Marked Extensions. Our V2 bolts are NOT compatible with KAC E3 extentions; please see our E4/ETB bolts instead.
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 6:51:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By themao:
Thanks for the replies. Any more comments? I figured they cleaned easier, but every coating has its nuances.
View Quote

The grooves that one would call “sand cutters” actually do a great job holding lube.  

My 556 sand cutters and SR25 carrier always has lube between the grooves when I pull them out for cleaning.

Not sure if it helps, or if it would pull toward the upper if needed, but it’s always there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top