Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/4/2024 11:59:22 AM EDT
Serial CMH 046194.  Gunsmith looked at gun said doughted 200 rounds fired thru it,it is mint.In the family,just want to know when made.20" barrel  Colt Match Target.Cant seem to download pics.Thankyou. In montana
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 12:51:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Frens] [#1]
My Hbar with serial CMH0358xx was made in 2000

20” Hbar 1/7, chrome chamber only, A2 receiver, no bayo lug, no flash hider, plastic buffer

ETA

I was told that Colt made these in batches every 1.5/2 years…
there’s a barrel mfg date near the FSB
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 5:53:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Frens:
My Hbar with serial CMH0358xx was made in 2000

20” Hbar 1/7, chrome chamber only, A2 receiver, no bayo lug, no flash hider, plastic buffer

ETA

I was told that Colt made these in batches every 1.5/2 years…
there’s a barrel mfg date near the FSB
View Quote

No chrome bore? Were/are all the Colt Hbars like that?

AIRBORNE!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 12:30:43 AM EDT
[#3]
I had one of the first HBARs made back in the 1980s. It did not have that "fence" around the mag release. The barrel was chromed, and in spite of the trigger being rough. it is still the most accurate rifle I have ever shot.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 3:41:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By RCRTR:

No chrome bore? Were/are all the Colt Hbars like that?

AIRBORNE!!!!!
View Quote

No older models like the Sporter series were fully CL afaik
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 11:01:06 PM EDT
[#5]
I bought my Sporter Match HBAR in January of 1991, and I believe mine was made in 1990. Serial #008xxx, it also has what is basically a SP1 lower with no fence.

Link Posted: 5/6/2024 5:39:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By monadh:
I had one of the first HBARs made back in the 1980s. It did not have that "fence" around the mag release. The barrel was chromed, and in spite of the trigger being rough. it is still the most accurate rifle I have ever shot.
View Quote

I got one that you described in 1986-87.  It was a slab side lower.  I got rid of it a few years ago.  Another mistake I have made. WD
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 9:46:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By WarDawg:

I got one that you described in 1986-87.  It was a slab side lower.  I got rid of it a few years ago.  Another mistake I have made. WD
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By WarDawg:

I had mine listed on Gunbroker last week. Had eleven watchers but no bids. At the eleventh hour I ended the auction. I may change my mind later and try to sell it again.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 10:23:48 PM EDT
[#8]
View Quote

Mine was the same, bought it in 1986 or 87. In the 90s i worked with a guy that shot a custom AR in high power matches, he didn’t believe me when I told him how accurate my chrome lined off the shelf AR was… even with regular M193 ball ammo. I miss that old Colt.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 10:50:27 PM EDT
[#9]
I have a 20" chrome lined A2 HBAR that absolutely loves 90's vintage Lake City 193.

If I had to make a life or death shot out to about 440 with a .556 gun, I'd use it with no hesitation.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 8:25:04 PM EDT
[#10]
The only Colt barrel that wasn’t chromed was the competition h bar 1/9.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top