Used a cheap Harbor frieght airbrush.

Masking tape

Baked in the wife's oven.

they came out perfect.  6.8SCP and 300Blk

Link Posted: 9/1/2024 11:20:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/1/2024 11:22:21 AM EDT
[#3]
I’ve had excellent results with flat black Krylon high heat appliance paint.  It covers really well and a can seems to last forever.  I also use it to dust sights and cover bare metal scratches/wear on black epoxy finishes like on the M9.  I’m sure that cerakote is better, but this is quick, cheap, and easy.
Link Posted: 9/1/2024 1:19:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Another possibility is Dupli-Color Self Etching Metal Primer.  https://www.duplicolor.com/product/self-etching-primer/
Has an acceptable "mil. spec. primer" color to it and once it's on and set, it's hard to remove short of sanding.
Remember too that surface texture matters. Any coating sprayed over a smooth surface will look shinier
than the same sprayed over a surface that's been sand or glass beaded.
Link Posted: 9/1/2024 2:18:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Bead blast it
Link Posted: 9/1/2024 4:14:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/1/2024 11:02:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: s4s4u] [#7]
Originally Posted By hugh1:
What are some good options?

View Quote

A lonnnnng handguard

Flat black high temp engine enamel?
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top