Not Teflon, correct?
Link Posted: 7/23/2024 10:31:30 AM EDT
[#3]
From the description

Guaranteed to Get Some
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/23/2024 10:34:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Other than aesthetics, is there any benefit to the straight 20s over the curved 20s?
Link Posted: 7/23/2024 10:35:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/23/2024 10:40:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By osprey21:
Yes, dry film.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By osprey21:
Originally Posted By TGWLDR:

@osprey21

Dry film exterior?

Not Teflon, correct?
Yes, dry film.

Thank you sir.
Link Posted: 7/23/2024 11:00:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Veprk762] [#7]
Lol at the pic with the backwards scope mount.

Thanks for the heads up!
Link Posted: 7/23/2024 11:05:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By gtsteve03:
Other than aesthetics, is there any benefit to the straight 20s over the curved 20s?
View Quote

Double check me on this, but by design, dont straight mags require the rounds and follower to tilt?  That would prevent you from using some of the anti-tilt followers.  In my current 20rd mags, I can push the front and rear of the follower down fairly easily.  As opposed to my D&H 30rd curved ones, I cannot push the ends of the follower to make it tilt.
Link Posted: 7/23/2024 11:13:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By giantpune:

Double check me on this, but by design, dont straight mags require the rounds and follower to tilt?  That would prevent you from using some of the anti-tilt followers.  In my current 20rd mags, I can push the front and rear of the follower down fairly easily.  As opposed to my D&H 30rd curved ones, I cannot push the ends of the follower to make it tilt.
View Quote

Straight mags have no need for anti tilt followers.
Link Posted: 7/23/2024 11:24:58 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By gtsteve03:  Other than aesthetics, is there any benefit to the straight 20s over the curved 20s?
View Quote

No.  In my very limited testing, curved mags feed better than straight ones in a severely undergassed situation.
Link Posted: 7/23/2024 12:57:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/23/2024 6:03:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sj586] [#12]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By giantpune:

Straight mags REQUIRE the followers to tilt for reliable function. The ammunition is tapered and the magazine is straight, so something has to give to allow the rounds to stack properly and that something is the follower.

I watched a video on YouTube about M1A magazines.  The guy reviewing magazines gave a negative review because follower in the 20 round straight magazines tilted.  Duh, they have to.
Link Posted: 7/23/2024 8:13:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By sj586:

Straight mags REQUIRE the followers to tilt for reliable function. The ammunition is tapered and the magazine is straight, so something has to give to allow the rounds to stack properly and that something is the follower.

I watched a video on YouTube about M1A magazines.  The guy reviewing magazines gave a negative review because follower in the 20 round straight magazines tilted.  Duh, they have to.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sj586:
Originally Posted By giantpune: Double check me on this, but by design, dont straight mags require the rounds and follower to tilt?  That would prevent you from using some of the anti-tilt followers.  In my current 20rd mags, I can push the front and rear of the follower down fairly easily.  As opposed to my D&H 30rd curved ones, I cannot push the ends of the follower to make it tilt.

A lot of people only know the modern AR platform and it shows, from optics mounting to stupid statements like that.
Link Posted: 7/23/2024 8:39:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Other than getting the truth of who made them and the color of the follower why them instead of the 2-dollar cheaper black follower ones from Brownell's?
Link Posted: 7/23/2024 8:57:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By j3_:
Other than getting the truth of who made them and the color of the follower why them instead of the 2-dollar cheaper black follower ones from Brownell's?
View Quote

D&H is known/vetted , with a long history.
Link Posted: 7/23/2024 9:02:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: j3_] [#16]

View Quote

Isn't it obvious who makes the Brownell's ones? How many companies are laser welding AR mags?
Link Posted: 7/23/2024 9:20:30 PM EDT
[#17]

Isn't it obvious who makes the Brownell's ones? How many companies are laser welding AR mags?
View All Quotes

I'm not one for guessing games.
Link Posted: 7/23/2024 9:50:58 PM EDT
[#18]

View Quote

Based on the body stamp and laser weld, I think they probably are D&H.

But , I'm not a biologist

Link Posted: 7/23/2024 10:12:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: j3_] [#19]

View Quote

You really think it is a guess when three companies have twenty round mags made the same with laser welding listed that's only been shown available by one company that is a known manufacturer? I can't imagine any one company setting up to make mags for just one retailer and no one else. It does not even make sense without some enormous contract for some entity like the Government. Hell, if I was going to sell something as my brand, I sure would pick the old school method of manufacture or something else to distinguish it just for appearances sake.
I might buy a couple to see if they followers are molded different or just different colored. The old replacement twenty round green ones had a V shaped back unlike what the black followers had.
Link Posted: 7/23/2024 10:23:37 PM EDT
[#20]

You really think it is a guess when three companies have twenty round mags made the same with laser welding listed that's only been shown available by one company that is a known manufacturer? I can't imagine any one company setting up to make mags for just one retailer and no one else. It does not even make sense without some enormous contract for some entity like the Government. Hell, if I was going to sell something as my brand, I sure would pick the old school method of manufacture or something else to distinguish it just for appearances sake.
View All Quotes

W/o explicit proof or confirmation, yes, it's guesses/assumptions.

Link Posted: 7/23/2024 10:29:44 PM EDT
[#21]

W/o explicit proof or confirmation, yes, it's guesses/assumptions.

View Quote

Which you will never get obviously. So, the consumer has to be savvy.
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 2:28:14 PM EDT
[#22]
I bought 10 of the mags you show the picture of. 5 are in service and I put the others up as I didn't need them. I have had "O" issues with the new ones. When I first got into AR-15-M-16 I picked up some used ( I assumed Vietnam) used ones. Two had all the grey finish worn off and were a gold color. They had the aluminum followers and were marked "Colt". The springs on two felt weak when empty, bought some GI replacement springs to install in the weak mags. I used a small screwdriver to remove and install them. Used the same aluminum followers. Only changed the two as the others seemed okay. Still use all of them, no problems in any of my rifles, full or semi. I still prefer to carry the Aluminum 20's while out in the pasture and keep extra ones in th a pouch in glovebox on my Kubota.I understand why they went to 30's, 20's go fast when doing a lot of shooting, fast. They carry well and I guess I'm lucky as all my old and new mags function in all my weapons flawlessly.
Link Posted: 9/1/2024 9:53:25 PM EDT
[#23]
THESE

Anybody with experience?
View Quote

@TGWLDR

I'm guessing D&H stopped making these in favor of the curved 20 rounders.
Link Posted: 9/2/2024 7:53:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Raoul_Duke70] [#24]
Originally Posted By peacematu:

@TGWLDR

I'm guessing D&H stopped making these in favor of the curved 20 rounders.
View Quote

These are a new thing for D&H.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top