Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/14/2020 8:29:22 PM EDT
Given that we're allowed to conceal carry a pistol but not rifles, I've started looking for discrete bags to carry my AR pistol.  Ideally I'd love to find a messenger bag solution rather than a backpack solution just to blend in more.  Dimensionally I'm needing 21x11x4 and most messenger bags are gonna be pushing the 21" requirement.  I've seen a large shoulder bag from 5.11 that is too big for what I want - I'm picky and want the perfect size - lol.  Options?  What are others doing to discretely have your AR pistol nearby?

Just FYI I'm running a DDM4V7P in 300blk with a folding brace; equipped with a quick detach silencerco can.  

Thanks!
Link Posted: 11/14/2020 8:46:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I went to Goodwill and bought two Wilson tennis racquet cases for $3 each.
Link Posted: 11/14/2020 10:11:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I went to Goodwill and bought two Wilson tennis racquet cases for $3 each.
View Quote

Like where your head is, thought of buying one of those gay fanny packs for a pistol.
Link Posted: 11/14/2020 11:27:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Tennis racquet cases scream gun just as much as fanny packs do, especially if you don't look like someone who plays tennis. Ukulele or small guitar cases, and something like the black bag in this thread are much better.
Most are padded, and many have backpack straps. You can find them online pretty cheap.
Link Posted: 11/14/2020 11:35:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Tennis racquet cases scream gun just as much as fanny packs do, especially if you don't look like someone who plays tennis. Ukulele or small guitar cases, and something like the black bag in this thread are much better.
Most are padded, and many have backpack straps. You can find them online pretty cheap.
View Quote

I use a dulcimer case
Link Posted: 11/15/2020 12:34:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Just got a "Ukoo Deluxe 24" Ukulele Bag" off Amazon for about $25, it fits my 8" barreled 9mm AR just perfect. Of course I had to go with flip up MBUS sights on it, having a fixed red-dot took up a bit too much space on my top rail. Still able to run a TLR-7 on it. At least if you plan on keeping it in a "ready to go" setup.
-If you don't care about breaking down your AR, then this shouldn't be as much of an issue.

24" Ukulele bag
8" barreled 9mm AR with SBA3 brace
Outside pocket fits 3, 33rd Glock mags inside of a basic condor SMG pouch that I have a sling-strap on.

It makes for a good quick access pack with a simple mag-bandolier for extra pew ability

I have used 'lawn chair' bags for carrying guns discretely to/from the range/car, but those are not exactly the best for actually carrying it around. Just short trips out of the house and putting guns into the truck, but for actually carrying something. I would want it to be fitted to the bag and the bag will need some semi-rigid padding to fill it out.
Link Posted: 11/15/2020 6:04:08 PM EDT
[#7]
I've posted this elsewhere here as well, but I went with a mandolin case for my 10.5" AR. It is padded and has a shoulder strap as well as an external pocket for additional mags. If anyone asks, I'm just carrying my son's mandolin and I don't really know much about it.
Link Posted: 11/15/2020 8:50:06 PM EDT
[#8]
I've been using a ukulele case that's probably too small. I'm sure anyone that owns ARs would easily make it, but it does fine if you are just trying to move an AR pistol discretely in and out of buildings. Fits a sling and cleaning kit as well as a few mags in the front pocket.

I still think a broken down in a backpack is probably as grey as you can get.
Link Posted: 11/17/2020 6:54:35 AM EDT
[#9]
I was using a tennis racket case but it’s not inconspicuous enough. I just break mine in half and use a backpack. My dealer is trying to sell me one of those cry havoc take apart kits. I’m tempted but haven’t jumped.
Link Posted: 11/17/2020 7:08:46 AM EDT
[#10]
I think backpack is the most inconspicuous.

The weight is gonna make a messenger bag uncomfortable and obvious that ain't no laptop in there.

My friends occasionally come to my place in the city with rifles in "discrete " bags.

We look like the freakin village people...

One guy has a Dewalt bag.

One guy has a baseball bat bag.

Guitar bag, tennis racket,  etc....

If everyone just had backpacks it would be less conspicuous.
Link Posted: 11/17/2020 10:18:34 AM EDT
[#11]
I have a guitar peddle bag that will fit many of my AR pistols.

Screenshot 2020-11-17 091602 by Martin Unrue, on Flickr
Link Posted: 11/17/2020 10:37:06 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I have a guitar peddle bag that will fit many of my AR pistols.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/50613606321_d78c332b92_o.jpgScreenshot 2020-11-17 091602 by Martin Unrue, on Flickr
View Quote

Love that Electro-Harmonix bag!  I've got a couple of their "Big Muff" pedals, one vintage one from the 1970s (blue face) that I've retired and one of the re-issues.  Awesome pedals.  I also have an EH 4x12 cabinet, sounds great with my 1967 blackface Fender Bassman.

Where did you get that bag at?  Is it for sale still?

Edit to add -- found it.  Places like Sweetwater and Musician's Friend all carry it, around $33.
Link Posted: 11/17/2020 11:13:47 AM EDT
[#13]
I found mine at a local pawn shop. Paid maybe $10 for it?
Link Posted: 11/17/2020 11:23:17 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I found mine at a local pawn shop. Paid maybe $10 for it?
View Quote

Good deal.  Too bad pretty much all the pawn shops around here suck.  They're only interested in their loan sharking business, and don't really make much of an attempt to sell stuff.  Usually the same dusty junk on the shelves for months or even years.  It is usually overpriced and they won't dicker on anything.  One of them around here had a very beat and grubby Chinese made Squier Bullet Strat, and it was marked at $10 over the everyday price at Guitar Center for a brand new one.  When I told the guy that he told me to GTFO.
Link Posted: 11/17/2020 12:27:18 PM EDT
[#15]
I got the revelation II from Tuff products.   It is a backpack, but does not scream gun bag or tactical.   I have never understood the tennis bag or musical bags as I want mine to go everywhere.   When I walk into a meeting no one questions my back pack, but a tennis racket bag would raise questions.

I love my backpack and carry all over the place.   It is designed not to be big and you can't stuff a lot of things in it, which is what I want.   I carry a spare mag and a med kit, but there is room to store a hoodie or smaller items.  I have walked into a meeting and pulled out a laptop and since the rifle area has a hidden back no one was wiser to what was in the bag.

link
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 1:41:04 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I think backpack is the most inconspicuous.

The weight is gonna make a messenger bag uncomfortable and obvious that ain't no laptop in there.

My friends occasionally come to my place in the city with rifles in "discrete " bags.

We look like the freakin village people...

One guy has a Dewalt bag.

One guy has a baseball bat bag.

Guitar bag, tennis racket,  etc....

If everyone just had backpacks it would be less conspicuous.
View Quote

Yeah, a pink Wilson softball bat bag.  You cut the grip off an aluminum bat and slide it over the barrel, letting it stick out the end to finish off the scam.
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 4:09:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Yeah, a pink Wilson softball bat bag.  You cut the grip off an aluminum bat and slide it over the barrel, letting it stick out the end to finish off the scam.
View Quote

Now THAT is clever!
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top