Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/3/2020 10:51:11 AM EDT
I've been researching on their website, but I can't find anything about if they offer a green dot only version.

The ring + center dot isn't a deal breaker, but I just prefer less clutter in my reticles.

It also states on their website that the green reticle models are night vision compatible, but as far as I can tell that is incorrect.
Link Posted: 9/3/2020 11:12:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I've been researching on their website, but I can't find anything about if they offer a green dot only version.
View Quote

I don't think they've ever made a holo sight that doesn't have the circle dot.

It also states on their website that the green reticle models are night vision compatible, but as far as I can tell that is incorrect.
View Quote

They make different versions of sights.  XPS2 is not night vision, XP3 is night vision, both are available with green reticles.
Link Posted: 9/3/2020 11:30:07 AM EDT
[#2]
That's interesting, I swear that I read that there were dot only versions with the red reticle models.

I'm not seeing anywhere that the XPS3/EXPS3 are available with green reticles... Only the XPS2/EXPS2.

EOTech's website might be in need of some major updating because I have no way to know about their current offerings???
Link Posted: 9/3/2020 12:56:07 PM EDT
[#3]
To my knowledge, they have never made a reticle with just a dot.

EOTech's are very well known for their "Donut of Death" reticle.

Link Posted: 9/3/2020 1:26:41 PM EDT
[#4]
They have absolutely made dot only sights But no idea on if they were offered in green.
Link Posted: 9/4/2020 8:44:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm not seeing anywhere that the XPS3/EXPS3 are available with green reticles... Only the XPS2/EXPS2.
View Quote

Optics planet shows the XPS3-0GRN as discontinued by the manufacturer.  Odd since it just came out last year.

Link Posted: 9/4/2020 10:36:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Optics planet shows the XPS3-0GRN as discontinued by the manufacturer.  Odd since it just came out last year.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can't even find anything but the XPS2 and EXPS2 in green on their site.
Link Posted: 9/4/2020 12:51:40 PM EDT
[#7]
All these guys usually make stuff that isn't cataloged at some point or another. I would just hit them up directly
Link Posted: 9/4/2020 10:53:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Eotech designations are...

E for qd raised base

2 is not nv capable
3 is nv capable

Reticles are...
-0 standard circle dot
-1 single 1 moa dot
-2 circle dot with additional drop dot
-4 circle dot with 3 additional drop dots

So for example EXPS3-1 would be a raised qd base that is nv capable with a single dot (no ring) reticle. I don't know how they designate the green reticles
Link Posted: 9/4/2020 10:56:06 PM EDT
[#9]
The XPS2-1 is a single dot eotech. They don’t make one in green afaik.
Link Posted: 9/4/2020 11:45:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Eotech designations are...

E for qd raised base

2 is not nv capable
3 is nv capable

Reticles are...
-0 standard circle dot
-1 single 1 moa dot
-2 circle dot with additional drop dot
-4 circle dot with 3 additional drop dots

So for example EXPS3-1 would be a raised qd base that is nv capable with a single dot (no ring) reticle. I don't know how they designate the green reticles
View Quote

Ah! Thanks for bringing a clearer understanding to the EOTech variants.

So what I'm looking for is an EXPS3-1 with a green reticle, but I don't think that has ever existed... I'd settle for an EXPS2-1 with a green reticle because I probably won't be getting night vision, but I don't think that's ever existed either.
Link Posted: 9/5/2020 12:50:44 AM EDT
[#11]
Have you ever shot with a single 1 moa dot? Not the best do it all option. Might change your mind. I don't know who all make quality green dots but it looks like Trijicon does their MRO with one. Or you could just get the green Eotech. I've never found them to be cluttered but everyone is different.
Link Posted: 9/5/2020 11:07:08 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Have you ever shot with a single 1 moa dot? Not the best do it all option. Might change your mind. I don't know who all make quality green dots but it looks like Trijicon does their MRO with one. Or you could just get the green Eotech. I've never found them to be cluttered but everyone is different.
View Quote

I've never shot with an optic that only has a 1 MOA dot. Though I have shot Aimpoints and MROs with their 2 MOA dots and I didn't think that the difference would be that bad going to a 1 MOA dot.

Not that it matters because it's not really an option with EOTech's green reticle options. The 68 MOA outer ring isn't a deal breaker, I just prefer it not be there because it serves no purpose for my use of an optic like this.

I was considering the Green dot MRO for a long time, but there are a few things that I don't really like about it. I don't like the battery removal installation procedure (just lame and fragile), the dot itself looks very much like a bug splattered on a windshield (only a little better with my glasses on) and the parallax thing... Even though I think it's mostly blown way out of proportion, it may very well be an issue considering the rifles that I would like to mount them on (Beretta ARX-100s). The ARX is not known for it's accuracy and adding MROs into the mix with their parallax issues could very well be like tolerance staking that's not in my favor, making the accuracy seem worse than it already is.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top