Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/17/2024 3:38:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: -OdieGreen-]
I had a Gear Sector back in the day that was perfect, but they’re discontinued. Have an Arisaka that’s held up great on a 308 but MLOK only.

All I’m seeing are stupid designs like Magpul’s that drive a screw into the light body to hold everything together. Does anyone still make a 1” clamp style handheld light mount for Picatinny? I can’t find a dang thing but cheap crap.

Really don’t want to use a scope ring if I can avoid it.
Link Posted: 7/17/2024 4:14:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Search the EE and you'll eventually find either a Gear Sector or a Haley Thorntail / Impact Weapons Components 1" mount. I have both and prefer the Haley Thorntail SBR mount.

Attachment Attached File

Odin Works makes a nice MLok 1" light mount as well.
Link Posted: 7/17/2024 4:16:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/17/2024 4:34:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/17/2024 5:18:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Went with that GG&G. Thanks fellas!
Link Posted: 7/18/2024 5:45:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Ive used the GG&G, but I had to pinch the steel clamp together slightly to get it to work as intended.
Link Posted: 7/18/2024 6:49:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mattjedi] [#6]
It LOOKS like these are still in production. And what I used to run for work back in the day. The best I could ever find for mounting a handheld flashlight to a picatinny rail. Available for 6P, G2 an E-series.

Low-Pro Mounts

Link Posted: 7/25/2024 6:04:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -OdieGreen-] [#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By chevrofreak:
Ive used the GG&G, but I had to pinch the steel clamp together slightly to get it to work as intended.
View Quote

I see what you mean now. If you don’t index the clamp when you tighten it, you can probably hurt something. Likely a necessity with how tight it gets everything to the rail.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/31/2024 1:27:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By -OdieGreen-:

I see what you mean now. If you don’t index the clamp when you tighten it, you can probably hurt something. Likely a necessity with how tight it gets everything to the rail.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/61399/IMG_3595_jpeg-3278672.JPG
View Quote

On mine the hook wouldn't even grab when I was installing the screws.  I pinched it together slightly, which resulted in having to snap it over the body of the light, but everything lined up the way it was supposed to after that.
Link Posted: 8/2/2024 10:29:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By -OdieGreen-:
I had a Gear Sector back in the day that was perfect, but they’re discontinued. Have an Arisaka that’s held up great on a 308 but MLOK only.

All I’m seeing are stupid designs like Magpul’s that drive a screw into the light body to hold everything together. Does anyone still make a 1” clamp style handheld light mount for Picatinny? I can’t find a dang thing but cheap crap.

Really don’t want to use a scope ring if I can avoid it.
View Quote

I have one. Still want?

Link Posted: 8/2/2024 11:43:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -OdieGreen-] [#10]
Originally Posted By PistoleroJesse:

I have one. Still want?
https://i.imgur.com/7PqGjhj.jpeg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By PistoleroJesse:

I have one. Still want?
https://i.imgur.com/7PqGjhj.jpeg

Ah, if I wasn’t gearing up to drop a few grand on storm repairs I’d take you up on it. Thanks though!

Originally Posted By chevrofreak:
On mine the hook wouldn't even grab when I was installing the screws.  I pinched it together slightly, which resulted in having to snap it over the body of the light, but everything lined up the way it was supposed to after that.

I get what you mean now. Luckily I didn’t have to loosen mine that much so didn’t have the same problem. Mine the actual Picatinny clamp kept trying to spin as I tightened it.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top