Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/31/2024 10:57:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SnowCharger]
I seek your expert advice... I stumbled across a random Reddit thread where someone claimed that EMAGs are/were less reliable than regular PMAGs.

I'd think they'd be the same as old-polymer Gen2 PMAG as the weakest point (the feed lips) look identical. Does anyone have any info on this? While not as sturdy feeling as gen3 polymer Gen2 old polymer had a good reputation.

I ask as I'm setting up a new rifle and was going to designate 8 EMAGs I purchased in 2013 to that rifle.... use the EMAGs during zeroing plus a little training, and then tell myself those EMAGs are tested and good in that rifle. LWRCi piston upper on a generic lower with a VCOG, Elzetta, and Geiselle trigger.
Link Posted: 8/1/2024 11:21:08 AM EDT
[#1]
First I've ever heard that and in my personal experience never had a problem with them other than price. But honestly Unless you in a state you can't replace mags you can sell those emags for big profit and buy new mags
Link Posted: 8/1/2024 5:41:28 PM EDT
[#2]

You can also factory warranty them if there is an issue.

Link Posted: 8/1/2024 6:31:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PursuitSS] [#3]
EDITED - VIOLATION OF FORUM RULES!
Link Posted: 8/1/2024 8:33:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PursuitSS] [#4]
Post them for sale in the Equipment Exchange .

RULES HERE
Link Posted: 8/2/2024 11:34:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By SnowCharger:

Good idea. I may do that. It would be a nice profit but also a bit of a headache; I'm a fairly busy guy. Plus they look really cool in that rifle.

If anyone is interested in making an offer; 6 are new in-wrapper, 1 opened but still in wrapper, and 1 was tested once then put back in storage. The post-it note I attached to the 1 I tested says it ran great in my KnightStoner lol. All have 2013 date on them and are/were stored in a pelican case with desiccate.
View Quote

not the place for sales. but I'll help you the emag boys play by type. nonwindowed, windowed(single window/double window) and color.
Link Posted: 8/2/2024 7:27:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Random Reddit threads are probably not the best place to collect that information.

I’d guess EMAGs are probably comparable to M2 PMAGs in reliability.  Really only the external features are different.  I’ve never had an issue with them myself.

The UK MOD issued them for the L85A2 for a while and I can’t say I heard anything bad attributed to them in that period.
Link Posted: 8/2/2024 10:59:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JoshNC] [#7]
I ran many thousands of rounds through Emags in my M16s. Mine are single window. Never a malfunction. Sold all but a handful to use in my 416.
Link Posted: 8/6/2024 3:48:44 PM EDT
[#8]
I used them as my duty mags for a decade or more. PMAGs would not drop free from my dept issued Bushmaster, but EMAGs worked perfectly.  I had a vehicle assigned to only me and kept my EMAGs loaded and without dust covers in the vehicle for that entire time.  Never a problem even in the Texas heat.  I still have a bunch NIW that I paid $18 for years ago.  I have seen the ridiculous prices people want for them on EE.  They aren't any better than regular PMAGs.
Link Posted: 8/7/2024 7:40:32 PM EDT
[#9]

So how much are 2 windows going for?

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top