Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/29/2024 10:39:29 AM EDT
Noticed the hammer was wearing on the right side only, then noticed it looked a little off center. Pins fine. Removed it and the hammer sure looks crooked to me.

Link Posted: 9/29/2024 1:24:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Rkangel777] [#1]
Yes.  I have a couple that way, from reputable companies, too.  Cast parts can warp when cooling.  I think there will always be a certain amount of variation with standard cast milspec triggers and hammers.  

Even from the same manufacturer there are variances.  I have one CMMG hammer that wears only on the right, like yours.  Another that wears in the center but the pivot pin hole is not quite as centered as the other hammer.  Variation is a nature of the beast to make all the precise critical machining dimensions fit inside the limited and imprecise envelope of a pre-cast part.
Link Posted: 9/30/2024 8:59:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Who sells an inexpensive milspec hammer I can replace it with? googling keeps pulling up whole trigger kits
Link Posted: 9/30/2024 9:11:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Yes.  I’m trying to remember what gun though,  It was the hammer pin axis hole that was not square to the part.   Same issue in the end though.
Link Posted: 9/30/2024 9:12:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Del-ton, Windham Weaponry, White Oak Armament - to name a few.
Link Posted: 9/30/2024 10:10:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By WilburMcG:
Who sells an inexpensive milspec hammer I can replace it with? googling keeps pulling up whole trigger kits
View Quote

https://bkingsfirearms.com/shop/ar15-lower-receiver-parts-kits/bkf-ar15-mil-spec-hammer/

https://ar15discounts.com/products/anderson-manufacturing-mil-spec-ar-15-hammer-black/
Link Posted: 9/30/2024 7:32:23 PM EDT
[#6]
This is why people go for Larue or Shootingsight or maybe thats just me.
Link Posted: 10/1/2024 10:02:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By POFChub:
This is why people go for Larue or Shootingsight or maybe thats just me.
View Quote

Yea, probably...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top