User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 183
Link Posted: 11/2/2020 6:13:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By CMCctx:
@SDMF_Rebel good shit! Can't wait to get it slapped on!

https://i.postimg.cc/GhF2Xw9t/PXL-20201102-210659068-PORTRAIT.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/bwLvjxxj/PXL-20201102-210619005-PORTRAIT-01-COVER.jpg

Now with 100% better fitment

It's like @Dobs013 old Black Beauty (may she rest in peace) had a ghetto cousin, Blacc Beauty. I fuckin love this rig.
View Quote

Makes me excited for my mre that isn't going to weigh 26lbs
Link Posted: 11/2/2020 7:14:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Dobs013:

That’s what I’m sayin!...I finally finished the gun I gave up place beauty for...

https://i.imgur.com/l4W9erc.jpg

Recce from across the pond! Better pics to follow. And you’re gonna make be build another mre!
View Quote

That does tip the scales a little bit! You should do another MRE! I want to do another one but I'm trying really hard to hold back and save my pennies for an AEM5 and NT4.
Link Posted: 11/2/2020 8:36:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Pics of my mre build are going up tomorrow, just need to mount the short dot. Can’t wait to join the #mre gang
Link Posted: 11/2/2020 10:21:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Huge thank you to @Dobs013 for hooking me up with an OG ops brake. I can finally put my recce together.
Link Posted: 11/2/2020 10:30:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Where are all the in the wild MRE pics?!

And I love how much stuff gets passed around in or because of this thread. We need our own EE section.
Link Posted: 11/2/2020 10:32:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Where are all the in the wild MRE pics?!

And I love how much stuff gets passed around in or because of this thread. We need our own EE section.
View Quote

Best thread on the site...
Link Posted: 11/2/2020 10:38:56 PM EDT
[#7]
@CMCctx

I second our own EE section. Best thread here for sure.
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 12:40:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Just got off the phone with the atf and my AEM5 was approved on the 29th
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 1:56:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By StinkPotJoe:
Just got off the phone with the atf and my AEM5 was approved on the 29th
View Quote

Hope you have a good dealer to work with it makes life so much easier.

I really like mine.  I have to pickup some shit from him this week, but I told him I'd be busy all day wednesday drinking liberal tears
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 4:16:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Mocking up the parts for my 11.5 build with ff RAS

Really like this rail, may need to snag another
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 5:03:04 PM EDT
[#11]
This looks so wrong, but feels so good. The front of the pic rail is bolted through the front FSB set screw hole, two hose clamps on the ends, electrical tape covering them. I was really just testing proof of concept before I started drilling holes in this thing, but I'm not mad at the result.

Link Posted: 11/3/2020 5:10:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By SDMF_Rebel:

Hope you have a good dealer to work with it makes life so much easier.

I really like mine.  I have to pickup some shit from him this week, but I told him I'd be busy all day wednesday drinking liberal tears
View Quote

This is my first go with this dealer. I went with them because they have a range...but I didn't finish the build in time to go visit the can lol
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 7:09:59 PM EDT
[#13]
This looks so wrong, but feels so good. The front of the pic rail is bolted through the front FSB set screw hole, two hose clamps on the ends, electrical tape covering them. I was really just testing proof of concept before I started drilling holes in this thing, but I'm not mad at the result.

https://i.postimg.cc/sgPfGCQY/PXL-20201103-205621687.jpg
View Quote

Is that my handy work under that handguard collar?
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 7:10:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2apatriot] [#14]
I don't think I'm clone enough to play in the A4 thread, so I'm posting this here. Still waiting on an M5 RAS that was supposed to be here Friday. USPS stopped updating the tracking info and now it just says arriving late. Fuckers Also have a bayonet on the way, and already have a TA31RCO. Trying to decide how it would look with a gangster grip. I like this rifle way more than I thought it would, there's something super badass about the 20" barrel and fixed stock. It feels so solid.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 7:15:26 PM EDT
[#15]

Is that my handy work under that handguard collar?
View Quote

Sure is! The original collar is awesome work, but it was married to this upper since there was one gas tube hole. Now there is a little more freedom. It'll stay on this upper, but it bugged me that the option wasn't there.
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 7:17:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CMCctx] [#16]
Originally Posted By 2apatriot:
I don't think I'm clone enough to play in the A4 thread, so I'm posting this here. Still waiting on an M5 RAS that was supposed to be here Friday. USPS stopped updating the tracking info and now it just says arriving late. Fuckers Also have a bayonet on the way, and already have a TA31RCO. Trying to decide how it would look with a gangster grip. I like this rifle way more than I thought it would, there's something super badass about the 20" barrel and fixed stock. It feels so solid.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/361805/381B4053-B8DC-45C8-A2B2-F38C44AC089C_jpe-1668020.JPG
View Quote

It would look a little bit like this

I agree, there is something about a 20" barrel and fixed stock.
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 8:08:12 PM EDT
[#17]
God fucking damnit I need about twenty thou more clearance to get an aem5 flush against an mre with a 14.5

Really don't wanna cut a brand new mre
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 8:13:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CMCctx] [#18]
God fucking damnit I need about twenty thou more clearance to get an aem5 flush against an mre with a 14.5

View Quote

Bruh, spacer/shim and custom collar. Don't go ruinin' stuff that don't need ruinin'.
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 8:16:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Into_the_Void] [#19]

Bruh, spacer/shim and custom collar. Don't go ruinin' stuff that don't need ruinin'.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I just need the collar forward a little bit.  I still have flash hider mounts that have tons of thread, so I'm more than good on turns even if the collar comes forward.

Ron is so far behind I don't even want to pest him.
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 8:21:05 PM EDT
[#20]

I just need the collar forward a little bit.  I still have flash hider mounts that have tons of thread, so I'm more than good on turns even if the collar comes forward.

View Quote

Is there good fitment on the barrel without the help of the step to butt up against? You could lightly dimple the barrel for the set screw to move it up.
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 8:25:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Into_the_Void] [#21]

Is there good fitment on the barrel without the help of the step to butt up against? You could lightly dimple the barrel for the set screw to move it up.
View All Quotes

That's actually a really good idea.  It's an even better idea if I add another set screw and go up a size.

The flash hider mounts have a lot more thread than the brakes, which makes goofy shit like this work.
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 8:28:16 PM EDT
[#22]

That's actually a really good idea.  It's an even better idea if I add another set screw and go up a size.

The flash hider mounts have a lot more thread than the brakes, which makes goofy shit like this work.
View Quote

Your gangster grip set screws are beefy as fuck compared to the collar ones might not get very much thread engagement with how thin those collars are, though.
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 8:52:28 PM EDT
[#23]

Your gangster grip set screws are beefy as fuck compared to the collar ones might not get very much thread engagement with how thin those collars are, though.
View All Quotes

They're a #10 because I know everyone likes gorilla fucking set screws into place
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 10:17:03 PM EDT
[#24]
Finally, the MRE gang has another member.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/4/2020 12:00:11 AM EDT
[#25]
I wanted to be a part of the cool kids club so here’s my rifle that might be closest to GWOT (at least on the American side of things). Tell me what I can change to score more points.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/4/2020 12:04:39 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By rbutcher:
Finally, the MRE gang has another member.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/405936/70C98EE1-F43D-4C22-B0B2-16E45FA6FDB5_jpe-1668511.JPG
View Quote

Welcome! #MREgang
Link Posted: 11/4/2020 12:08:50 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Soberglitch:
I wanted to be a part of the cool kids club so here’s my rifle that might be closest to GWOT (at least on the American side of things). Tell me what I can change to score more points.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/452430/CB61B835-64FA-4A11-B87A-BE2FC7E9F21E_jpe-1668779.JPG
View Quote

First of all, put that OGS in front and put some respec on it!
Link Posted: 11/4/2020 12:19:40 AM EDT
[#28]

First of all, put that OGS in front and put some respec on it!
View Quote

The serpent is my #1, don’t worry. Just figured that’s from a different war on terror.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 11/4/2020 2:12:17 AM EDT
[#29]

The serpent is my #1, don’t worry. Just figured that’s from a different war on terror.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/452430/CC23A59F-045F-435C-869F-837F5C7462F7_jpe-1668824.JPG
View Quote

Swap that thing over to some A1 receivers and you've got a damn near spot on 723
Link Posted: 11/4/2020 2:16:42 AM EDT
[#30]

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/452430/CC23A59F-045F-435C-869F-837F5C7462F7_jpe-1668824.JPG
View Quote

Is this the standard 6 hole car handguard? It looks like it has no taper. I need one
Link Posted: 11/4/2020 2:17:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Soberglitch] [#31]
Originally Posted By lancecriminal86:

Swap that thing over to some A1 receivers and you've got a damn near spot on 723
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By lancecriminal86:

That’s what I was going for. I just keep missing out on the  clone correct C7 uppers. I don’t wanna buy something new production.
The upper on it now is period correct, and I oddly prefer the A2 sight, it’s just not clone correct.

Originally Posted By 100roundclipazine:

Is this the standard 6 hole car handguard? It looks like it has no taper. I need one

Yes it’s the 6 hole car-15. It has a pretty minimal taper since it’s the thinner handguard.
Link Posted: 11/4/2020 1:45:52 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 11/4/2020 1:49:41 PM EDT
[#33]

Well, I guess the 249F-S needs to find a new home. This just has to happen!
Link Posted: 11/4/2020 3:30:03 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 11/4/2020 3:52:37 PM EDT
[#35]

Holy shit. This is king MRE. I thought it was the A.R.M.S. #38 S-EX, but this is it. MRE nirvana has been attained.
Link Posted: 11/4/2020 4:09:02 PM EDT
[#36]
Needs more PEQ 2 on a KAC low mount. Max GWOT must be reached.
Link Posted: 11/4/2020 4:17:45 PM EDT
[#37]

That's so fucking sick
Link Posted: 11/4/2020 4:31:59 PM EDT
[#38]
Is there anything MRE or similar that works with a mid length fsb?
Link Posted: 11/4/2020 4:44:47 PM EDT
[#39]
View Quote

I'm not sure about the FF RAS line, but the KAC URX 3.1 13.5" works perfectly for a mid length cutout.
Link Posted: 11/4/2020 5:32:32 PM EDT
[#40]
Looks like they make a mid length RAS. But damn, I don’t think my wallet is ready for that KAC lifestyle
Link Posted: 11/4/2020 5:40:26 PM EDT
[#41]
View Quote

Not to condone hacking up some expensive KAC stuff, but the MRE did start off as cutting up FF RAS rails, could do the same and notch out a rifle length FF RAS to give you the FSP cut out.
Link Posted: 11/4/2020 5:42:22 PM EDT
[#42]
Looks like they make a mid length RAS. But damn, I don’t think my wallet is ready for that KAC lifestyle
View Quote

If my broke ass can do it, you can too

I got my FF RAS long, MRE, M4 RIS, and M4 RAS for steals. Patience is key. Sometimes difficult when  these dudes present a good opportunity and wreck your pre-existing plans! But that's why this is the best thread on arfcom.
Link Posted: 11/4/2020 6:10:33 PM EDT
[#43]
I’ll keep an eye out but I’ll just run with my Troy 2 piece for now. Might even slap the M4 handguards back on there. It’s my least shot rifle I own by far so I’ll just keep dumping money into my OGS clone.
Link Posted: 11/4/2020 8:18:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PirateEC] [#44]
Link Posted: 11/5/2020 2:23:05 PM EDT
[#45]
The new MRE was lots of fun this morning.

Blows me away just how good that dirt cheap weaver scope is.  My brother welded the flash hider on this morning.
Link Posted: 11/5/2020 3:49:03 PM EDT
[#46]
The new MRE was lots of fun this morning.

Blows me away just how good that dirt cheap weaver scope is.  My brother welded the flash hider on this morning.
View Quote

Don’t sleep on the weaver!
Link Posted: 11/5/2020 6:13:28 PM EDT
[#47]
@SDMF_Rebel can you measure the threads on your FH? I'm curious how it compares to the Vortex OPS INC compatible FH. From the rear to the front of the threaded surface.
Link Posted: 11/5/2020 11:11:12 PM EDT
[#48]

That’s what I was going for. I just keep missing out on the  clone correct C7 uppers. I don’t wanna buy something new production.
The upper on it now is period correct, and I oddly prefer the A2 sight, it’s just not clone correct.

Yes it’s the 6 hole car-15. It has a pretty minimal taper since it’s the thinner handguard.
View Quote

Well now I guess I just have to go and finish my 727. I need to pick up the bits and figure out what I need to do, probably file a Form 1 for my A1 lower would be a good start.
Link Posted: 11/5/2020 11:30:27 PM EDT
[#49]
Where can I find a flat delta ring? I already molested my OGS with a KAC RIS, and I'm not sad about it one bit. But I do want to swap the delta ring out.
Link Posted: 11/5/2020 11:48:22 PM EDT
[#50]
Where can I find a flat delta ring? I already molested my OGS with a KAC RIS, and I'm not sad about it one bit. But I do want to swap the delta ring out.
View Quote

The slip ring? Brownells sells repros, retrorifles also has colt originals/repros but ive never used them for any purchases so no vouch.
Page / 183
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top