Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/26/2024 8:12:53 PM EDT
I like that they come in odg, fde, and grey. Opinions? Gun Mag Warehouse has 30rd mags at a pretty good price, compared to M2 Magpuls.

Tia,
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 8:24:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Had a few, had some occasional feed problems. Gave them to my democrat brother.
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 8:52:27 PM EDT
[#2]
It’s really simple: pmags, lancers.

Say it with me: pmags, lancers, pmags, lancers…

If you’re going to spend your money on hexmags, you’ll make better use of it setting it on fire and sharing the video on YouTube.
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 9:01:26 PM EDT
[#3]
had a couple of ar10 hex mags.  threw them away
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 9:43:03 PM EDT
[#4]
I have Magpul, g.i. aluminum 20 and 30 rounders and a few steel Korean mags. Hexmag would  be different and I don't really know anything about them.

Thanks,

tba
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 9:58:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Series 1 were crap. Lots of feeding issues and they'd puke out rounds if smacked around.

Series 2 get better reviews. They were bought out by another company (can't recall who), changed to carbon fiber material. I haven't followed along since Series 1much.

Link Posted: 6/26/2024 10:04:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By thebaldavenger:
I like that they come in odg, fde, and grey. Opinions? Gun Mag Warehouse has 30rd mags at a pretty good price, compared to M2 Magpuls.

Tia,
View Quote

I've been using them as range mags.  Series one are terrible.
Series two aren't so bad.

If the cost is within a dollar or so of something better, go better.  I paid $2/EA for mine.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 11:13:33 AM EDT
[#7]
The series 1 was absolute trash.
Series 2 is an improvement but it was easy to go up from the bottom. In 300 rounds of testing had 22 failures.
If you're just chasing the color hera makes the same colors and is a slept on mag, not top tier but steps above hexmag
Link Posted: 8/3/2024 7:43:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Ordered 10 long ago because they were cheap. If you do not store them loaded they feed okay. However that's just dumb. I had some loaded with 458 socom, and in 2 days I could barely rip the mag out of the rifle because the feed lips were so stretched.

Pmags and Lancers....
Link Posted: 8/4/2024 7:31:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Why waste your money and time when there is USGI, Pmag and other proven mags available. Use what is proven.
Link Posted: 8/11/2024 9:51:09 AM EDT
[#10]
I got rid of all of my polymer mags. I am using USGI mags only. I do want to try Lancer mags.
Link Posted: 8/11/2024 10:41:27 AM EDT
[#11]
I use USGI mags only.   Durable, reliable, and I can paint them any color.
Link Posted: 8/13/2024 10:42:33 AM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By M4BlackRifle:
Durable, reliable, and I can paint them any color.
View Quote

While I certainly love aluminum GI mags...all three of those qualities also apply to PMags, etc.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top