Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/25/2019 7:19:47 PM EDT
Has anyone tried the Holosun HE530G-RD ?? If so what is your opinion? I just picked one up from botach for $299. There are little to no reviews on this optic.

Now before anyone jumps all over me and says it's Chinese crap I have one holosun optic now and I like it better than my MRO and T1 because those both look like a starburst to me with my astigmatism and the holosun I have now looks clean and crisp.

Thanks and Merry Christmas!!
Link Posted: 12/25/2019 7:37:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Didn't know they were out yet. I think they are pretty new. Not much info out.

I like Holosun products alot. This model looks a lot like their take on the MRO.

Sounds like you should review it OP
Link Posted: 12/25/2019 7:44:11 PM EDT
[#2]
The lifetime warranty only covers the case not the internals.  Internals have a three year warranty for the standard models, and ten years for the elite models.  Still a good unit though.
Link Posted: 12/25/2019 9:17:55 PM EDT
[#3]
I picked up the HS515GM about a year ago.

It's the only red dot my eyes can tolerate. Much better than my MRO or any of the Aimpoints.

I have pretty much switched to the PA 1x prisms for my serious use guns, but I am thinking about putting the Holosun on my HD sbr because I can pick up the site faster than I can the etched reticle of the 1x and I'm beginning to gain trust in it.

ETA: I know this isn't the same optic you're asking about, but I assume they're very similar.
Link Posted: 12/25/2019 9:39:25 PM EDT
[#4]
All I gotta say is good luck getting your order from BoTach
Link Posted: 12/25/2019 10:58:18 PM EDT
[#5]
I have ordered from them a few times in the recent months and everything arrived pretty fast, I already have tracking showing in transit.  They are not top knotch but definitely better than what they were 5-10 years ago.
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 12:59:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Interesting sight.  In the vid below they put a pretty good beating on the 530 and it appears to have taken it like a champ.  I am surprised the lens didn't break.  You may need to turn on English captions to understand what the guy is saying.

Link Posted: 12/26/2019 9:16:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks, didn't realize you could watch it with subtitles =)
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 5:31:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Ok so the sight just arrived 5 days after order, good job Botach.

First impressions are great, the reticle is clean and crisp much better than the MRO or T1 for my eyes. I took my MRO and Geissele mount off and in a hand to hand comparison there is not a noticable difference in weight, at least in my opinion.  As far as size when off the rifles the holosun is not that much bigger than the MRO but once on the rifle it looks much bigger, illusion I guess.

The rifle I am running it on has a fixed larue rear buis and a fixed pri front sight. I already ordered a geiselle lower 1/3 mount for this but I think I'll just use that for another build. I really like the way the 65moa reticle lines up with these sights, with both eyes open the fixed sights literally disappear, and so does the optic due to it having a larger objective lens than the MRO. I am happy with my purchase so far.

I hope to get out to the range tomorrow and see how it performs.
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 11:26:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ok so the sight just arrived 5 days after order, good job Botach.

First impressions are great, the reticle is clean and crisp much better than the MRO or T1 for my eyes. I took my MRO and Geissele mount off and in a hand to hand comparison there is not a noticable difference in weight, at least in my opinion.  As far as size when off the rifles the holosun is not that much bigger than the MRO but once on the rifle it looks much bigger, illusion I guess.

The rifle I am running it on has a fixed larue rear buis and a fixed pri front sight. I already ordered a geiselle lower 1/3 mount for this but I think I'll just use that for another build. I really like the way the 65moa reticle lines up with these sights, with both eyes open the fixed sights literally disappear, and so does the optic due to it having a larger objective lens than the MRO. I am happy with my purchase so far.

I hope to get out to the range tomorrow and see how it performs.
View Quote
Sounds good so far.  Someone should do parallax testing on this sight.  A test at 50 yards and 100 yards with each of the reticles would be great to see how much parallax error there is.

Holosun needs to make a version without the "shake awake" nonsense.  I am not a fan of this feature.  I also don't really see a need for it with 50k battery life.
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 12:06:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Holosun needs to make a version without the "shake awake" nonsense.  I am not a fan of this feature.  I also don't really see a need for it with 50k battery life.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Check the specific unit's manual, but general Shake Awake Disabling is:

FAQ - How do I adjust the auto sleep mode? (Shake Awake)

Certain recent production sights have an updated motion sensor and new options for the auto sleep mode.

The default sleep timer setting is 10 min, but can be adjusted
1) Press and hold the “+” button for 10 seconds to enter time adjustment mode. There are 4 options: 10 min, 1h, 12h or the sleep mode is disabled.
2) Press and release either “+” or “-” button to set the time. The LED will blink (1=10 min,2=1h, 3=12h, or4=disable sleep mode.
3) Press the “+” and “-” buttons simultaneously to save the time setting and power off the sight
Then just turn it on and leave it. With it disabled, I don't see how a possible malfunction with it would affect a manually activated unit. I love the feature though.
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 2:30:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Interesting sight.  In the vid below they put a pretty good beating on the 530 and it appears to have taken it like a champ.  I am surprised the lens didn't break.  You may need to turn on English captions to understand what the guy is saying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MVlcJLz1-Q
View Quote
Holy shit. I wish they had checked it for zero retention, but still. I'm maybe even more surprised the mount lived through that too.
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 2:48:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Holy shit. I wish they had checked it for zero retention, but still. I'm maybe even more surprised the mount lived through that too.
View Quote
Yeah, after watching that video I just put my 515gm onto my HD rifle.
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 3:28:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yup, amazing. I actually made a few comments to them on the YouTube vid. That's what sold me into getting one. From Botach as well. I've yet to get out and shoot with it, but for the $$$ it should be a SOLID keeper.

Just an FYI. The factory Holosun mount on this unit is ~ CSV height. I added a PA Cyclops L1/3 riser plate to it, and sure enough it lines up with my Vortex Micro 3x magnifier with the L1/3 plate. Perfect.
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 9:37:14 PM EDT
[#14]
You picked up a HE530G-RD for $299!
Link please!
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 3:11:26 AM EDT
[#15]
It was from Botach after watching the YouTube video I actually picked up a second one for my Tavor which just so happened to be the last one in stock.

After shooting it today I have to say I am happy I bought two.  It is excellent, but I have to take the kill flash off it messes with my irons. I put it on a 14.5 noveske upper and once I got it sighted in I was dumping 30 round mags rapid fire into a 4" group no problem, actually I did that 4 times on a 25 yard target and didn't have one round out of a 4" splatter target.  The kill flash is a thick honey comb style which I feel is very obstructive.  But other than that not one complaint.

The windage and elevation are not very tactile and definitely not audible so you really have to be precise when doing it but as long as it maintains zero I'm not really concerned.
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 9:15:00 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
You picked up a HE530G-RD for $299!
Link please!
View Quote
You'll either need to create, or use an existing account with Botach to see that price. You can sign up for notification when back in stock.
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 9:16:05 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

You'll either need to create, or use an existing account with Botach to see that price. You can sign up for notification when back in stock.
View Quote
10-4 and thx!
Link Posted: 12/31/2019 2:55:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

10-4 and thx!
View Quote
Most welcome. Potato pics of it mounted without the riser place..

Link Posted: 12/31/2019 3:07:19 PM EDT
[#19]
That’s a damn nice looking red dot, I’ve been looking at those myself.

The parallax can’t be worse than my MRO
Link Posted: 12/31/2019 3:21:46 PM EDT
[#20]
I have had the HE530C-RD version for about a year now and have been very happy with it.

Link Posted: 12/31/2019 4:25:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Nice rig DRW1006
Link Posted: 12/31/2019 6:14:28 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Nice rig DRW1006
View Quote
Right back at you! and thanks.
Link Posted: 1/1/2020 4:33:29 AM EDT
[#23]
Soooooooo, this optic or the HS512C? I thought the HS512C was the new hotness. Is the HE530G-RD pushing it to the side?
Link Posted: 1/1/2020 12:05:15 PM EDT
[#24]
I picked up a 512c for a pistol build, it awesome and I like the fov. I’m looking at the 530 to replace a blur dot MRO. For whatever reason Holosun’s play well with my astigmatism.

So in arfcom tradition get both!
Link Posted: 1/1/2020 12:52:23 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Soooooooo, this optic or the HS512C? I thought the HS512C was the new hotness. Is the HE530G-RD pushing it to the side?
View Quote
They're both great. Botach has the HS512C for $249 (but out of stock as well.) I nailed one a moth ago, in true ARFCOM fashion.. I've got both. You can't go wrong with either unit.

Link Posted: 1/1/2020 1:37:50 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

They're both great. Botach has the HS512C for $249 (but out of stock as well.) I nailed one a moth ago, in true ARFCOM fashion.. I've got both. You can't go wrong with either unit.

https://media.fotki.com/2v2HoeFrzx9T3R.jpg

https://media.fotki.com/2v2HoZ293x9T3R.jpg
View Quote
Very cool setup!

How do you like the new Vortex magnifier with the 512c?
Link Posted: 1/1/2020 1:41:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Very cool setup!

How do you like the new Vortex magnifier with the 512c?
View Quote
Thank you sir, I like it quite a bit. I bounce the new Vortex mini 3x around on several different builds. It works great with the 512C, but because of the 512C's design it's @ ACW only. No way around that. I'm more of an L1/3 kinda guy. So the 3x is currently behind a PA Cyclops with both @ L1/3.

Either way it works great behind everything I've tried.

ETA: Again, I really like both new Holosun circle dot offerings. Large field of view window, and the new standard for me, circle dot. For the $$$ invested, they're both keepers for sure.
Link Posted: 1/1/2020 1:56:30 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Thank you sir, I like it quite a bit. I bounce the new Vortex mini 3x around on several different builds. It works great with the 512C, but because of the 512C's design it's @ ACW only. No way around that. I'm more of an L1/3 kinda guy. So the 3x is currently behind a PA Cyclops with both @ L1/3.

Either way it works great behind everything I've tried.

ETA: Again, I really like both new Holosun circle dot offerings. Large field of view window, and the new standard for me, circle dot. For the $$$ invested, they're both keepers for sure.
View Quote
Excellent! Thanks for the feedback.

I played with magnifiers a long time ago and got away from them. For the most part they were heavy and seemed awkward. This new micro model from Vortex has peaked my interest as it’s so compact and lightweight.

These new Holosun’s are amazing, especially considering the price point. Good stuff!

Solar backup, shake awake, multiple reticles and crazy battery life. I love Trijicon but they sure need to step up on the innovation front.
Link Posted: 1/1/2020 1:57:20 PM EDT
[#29]
I am thinking my next Holosun will be the HE515CT ELITE

HE515CT ELITE

Smaller than the HE530

4.06oz vs. 6.56oz
Link Posted: 1/1/2020 2:27:46 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Excellent! Thanks for the feedback.

I played with magnifiers a long time ago and got away from them. For the most part they were heavy and seemed awkward. This new micro model from Vortex has peaked my interest as it’s so compact and lightweight.

These new Holosun’s are amazing, especially considering the price point. Good stuff!

Solar backup, shake awake, multiple reticles and crazy battery life. I love Trijicon but they sure need to step up on the innovation front.
View Quote
Again, most welcome my brother. ARFCOM knowledge sharing!

I'll agree with you, I really like/trust Trijicon no doubt. I'll never get rid of my RMR06 (even if it is a type 1.) Rock solid and reliable. But they're pricey! I think over time Holosun products will do nothing but gain more respect and wide spread usage. Thus-far, I'm impressed. The feature set innovations are amazing. No regrets in giving them my hard earned $$$ at all.
Link Posted: 1/1/2020 2:31:19 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I am thinking my next Holosun will be the HE515CT ELITE

HE515CT ELITE

Smaller than the HE530

4.06oz vs. 6.56oz
View Quote
As much as I like the small tube Aimpoint T2 style units (I've got several,) the added weight/size of the 530 series is a non-issue for me. Plus the fact it's a got a bigger tube window. I like that. Guess I'm showing my age...

That being said, I'm sure the unit you listed is a true little bad-ass. It sure as heck looks SOCOM/Spec-Ops, no doublt.
Link Posted: 1/1/2020 2:43:38 PM EDT
[#32]
Also, ya got me thinking. I really wish Holosun would list TRUE unit weight. They're basically full of shit with what they list...

Granted, this is with an L1/3 riser plate on it. But that only adds a fraction or two... And I've also removed the ARD/Kill-Flash..

ETA: I'll post up the HS512C weight here in a bit as well. It's heavier than listed too..

Link Posted: 1/2/2020 12:08:45 PM EDT
[#33]
I've had mine about a year and have been impressed. The combination of features/price point is hard to beat, and i'm certain it gets overlooked by everyone because it costs Trijicon MRO money. That said, I ditched my MRO for it and haven't looked back. Less bluish tint, bigger window and works better with my astigmatism.
Screaming deal for $299, nice pick up.
Link Posted: 1/2/2020 12:53:38 PM EDT
[#34]
HS512C weight for reference as promised.. Again, the weight of either of these units doesn't bother me at all.

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top