Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/27/2024 2:25:44 PM EDT
I am trying to decide if I should get a honey badger or build one using the best parts with in reason but I know very little about what's available. What is your ideas, what should I do?
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 2:33:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 3:13:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Only your wallet can answer that question.  I build everything.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 3:55:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 6:30:26 PM EDT
[#4]
The only reason you would functionally want a Honey Badger more for is weight.

That's the real gem of the Honey Badger.

As far as a reliable shooter? Fuck no. Either Assemble one for 1/3 the cost that's better suited for your needs, or buy a complete BCM or soon Geissele and you have 2x the rifle as a Honey Badger.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 8:38:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 10:35:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By s4s4u:
Only your wallet can answer that question.  I build everything.
View Quote

QFT

The second factory rifle I bought was a Sugar Weasel a few months ago. After getting it in hand and being relatively disappointed with aspects of the fit and finish, I thought to myself “self, you could build something comparable for less”. So that’s what I did.

If you want to spend money on a HB and your budget allows, have at it. It doesn’t satisfy the value proposition for me.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/1/2024 8:09:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: awd_xtc] [#7]
I built a clone using a honey badger barrel and gas system and handguard, geissele upper receiver and a pws mk1 mod-2 lower.

Link Posted: 8/1/2024 8:44:45 PM EDT
[#8]
The Frugal Ferret: Honey Badger for the Poors (Pt1)/KAK Short Buffer Review

A clone of the concept more so than the actual parts.
Link Posted: 8/2/2024 4:50:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: badkarmaiii] [#9]
HB was a very nice gun designed to replace the MP5SD.
if you step out of that box, better guns can be built.
KB complimented mine when i showed him pics at a trade show, saying better stuff had come along since the days of the HB.

My "Stevia Skunk":
8" CMMG barrel
7.x" Midwest Industries M-Lok handguard
Battle Arms Development V.E.R.T stock (no cheek rest gap when extended)
Silencerco Omega 300
Foliage and FDE
Radian Raptor

On the bottom:
Link to pic
Link Posted: 8/2/2024 5:38:36 PM EDT
[#10]
HB is cool, but a good bit of $$$ for what you get.

I have a home built Awesome Possum which is mostly a 7.5" pinned Faxon Gunner, MI Combat rail, LAW Folder, and Tailhook brace.
Link Posted: 8/2/2024 5:47:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: withoutremorse42] [#11]
Another option is a Noveske Ghetto Blaster.  Licensed receiver design from Q, and uses the Honey Badger stock assembly.

Mine is obviously not stock.

Link Posted: 8/15/2024 11:20:07 AM EDT
[#12]
Does anyone know of a place I would be able to purchase a buffer kit for the HBPDW Brace. I bought a brace from a guy but its missing the buffer tube, buffer, spring and castle nut.
Link Posted: 8/15/2024 11:53:45 AM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Luny421:

QFT

The second factory rifle I bought was a Sugar Weasel a few months ago. After getting it in hand and being relatively disappointed with aspects of the fit and finish, I thought to myself "self, you could build something comparable for less". So that's what I did.

If you want to spend money on a HB and your budget allows, have at it. It doesn't satisfy the value proposition for me.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/228546/IMG_7225_jpeg-3252417.JPG
View Quote
That's disappointing. A Sugar Weasel has been on my 'I'd like one of those' list for a while.

My short blackout....
Attachment Attached File
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top