Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/12/2024 1:52:15 PM EDT
I finally got my backordered mag carrier from Zahal. Also swapped out the Clonestar grip for a regular A1 grip. It just feels more solid.

Now that H&R is doing braced versions of these they'll be a lot easier to do than piecing it together and SBR'ing them. Mine is largely H&R parts anyway.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/12/2024 2:19:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice!
Link Posted: 6/12/2024 9:01:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Looking good!
Link Posted: 6/12/2024 9:12:52 PM EDT
[#3]
I like that sling. Source? Did you have to do any modifications to it?
Link Posted: 6/12/2024 9:20:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Unsure of the OP's, but....

ZAHAL.ORG

Solid kit.
Link Posted: 6/13/2024 12:09:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

I got mine from TDI but the rest of the kit is from Zahal.

What do you mean by mods? To the sling? It just clipped right on to the Zahal adapters, although  a lot (most?) of the Israeli issues ones just use paracord loops. Paracord is probably more accurate for a clone build but the Zahal loops work great so I'm sticking with them.

It's pretty darn close to correct otherwise except originals did have a bayonet lug since they were reused from chopped down A1 barrels.
Link Posted: 6/13/2024 12:10:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/13/2024 12:30:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Nice build!

Did the Israelis only get A1 uppers?  Did they get slick side uppers?

I need to get one of these done.n
Link Posted: 6/13/2024 12:54:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

What do you mean by mods? To the sling? It just clipped right on to the Zahal adapters, although  a lot (most?) of the Israeli issues ones just use paracord loops. Paracord is probably more accurate for a clone build but the Zahal loops work great so I'm sticking with them.

It's pretty darn close to correct otherwise except originals did have a bayonet lug since they were reused from chopped down A1 barrels.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In regards to mods, I was wondering if the attachment points were something custom, but now I see they are something that are available and can be purchased to complete the setup.
Link Posted: 6/13/2024 1:22:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Nice build!

I need to get one of these done.n
View Quote

Just A1's as far as I know. That's all I've ever seen pics of. The US supplied Israel with M16A1's after the 1973 Yom Kippur War, I believe it was. Israeli later bought more on their own. Over the years they modified these into the Menusar carbines like my build, and later bought  (and maybe were provided with? ) M16A2's, and M4 carbines. I haven't seen anything indicating the got any earlier slick side M16's. So if there were any floating around it likely wasn't in any quantity.
Link Posted: 6/13/2024 5:57:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Do you have a link to the exact one you have? I like the nylon attachment points on that sling.
Link Posted: 6/13/2024 8:03:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Do you have a link to the exact one you have? I like the nylon attachment points on that sling.
View Quote

These are the adapters. The sling itself has metal clips that tuck up inside the shell of the sling.

I got the whole Zahal kit, but I used the sling from TDI.

Link Posted: 6/13/2024 10:06:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Just A1's as far as I know. That's all I've ever seen pics of. The US supplied Israel with M16A1's after the 1973 Yom Kippur War, I believe it was. Israeli later bought more on their own. Over the years they modified these into the Menusar carbines like my build, and later bought  (and maybe were provided with? ) M16A2's, and M4 carbines. I haven't seen anything indicating the got any earlier slick side M16's. So if there were any floating around it likely wasn't in any quantity.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nice build!

I need to get one of these done.

I think I will do one with what I have.  I can always change it out later.  I really like the look of it.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 3:56:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Barrel length?
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 6:32:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Barrel length?
View Quote

Brownells 12.7. That's about right for the 13 inch average on the cut down Menusars.
Link Posted: 6/21/2024 7:40:11 PM EDT
[#15]
I have been wanting to build one of these and havent caught an upper in stock. Well or so I thought.   Turns out I ordered an upper back on 9/23 so I guess I need to go check some boxes.   It looks like I ordered everything to populate a stripped lower.  

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top