Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/10/2024 1:20:42 PM EDT
Seems as though you can get the 3-4's pretty cheap compared to 3-0's. Do the extra dots just add confusion when on the clock or not really? I know some guys say you can often use the bottom of the ring for your holdover at close range, any chance that lower dot works in a similar fashion but more precise? I don't want to get one and be like "wtf there's dots everywhere".
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 1:28:00 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the 3-4 on my passive NV gun for night matches. I don’t find it distracting because I’m looking at the target when shooting up close.  When I have to swing in the magnifier, that’s the only time I notice the drop hashes.
The only weakness is that it doesn’t have wind hashes, just like other ballistic dot reticles.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 1:34:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Urimaginaryfrnd] [#2]
All dots below center correspond to something the question is what and the only way to know is on the range with your firearm and your ammo because there is a lot of variation between the slowest bullet and the fastest bullet in each caliber.
What you do is shoot aiming at the center using the center dot then when you have your groups say 25,50,100, 150,200,300 etc, mark them with spray paint return to known distances and make notes regarding what your marks below center on the reticle represent.

Vigilance Elite - Spec Ops Dude's Favorite Combat Rifle Zero
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 2:00:43 PM EDT
[#3]
I like it, fight me
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 2:08:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By themagikbullet:
I like it, fight me
View Quote

I'm actually hoping that more people like it, so they convince me to buy one .
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 1:30:01 PM EDT
[#5]
I used to have a 2-2 and really liked it.  Just had issues with the sight I returned it when EOTech did the return program.  If I got another one I would get a multi dot reticle again it really worked great.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 12:22:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PacNW5] [#6]
Originally Posted By Urimaginaryfrnd:
All dots below center correspond to something the question is what and the only way to know is on the range with your firearm and your ammo because there is a lot of variation between the slowest bullet and the fastest bullet in each caliber.
What you do is shoot aiming at the center using the center dot then when you have your groups say 25,50,100, 150,200,300 etc, mark them with spray paint return to known distances and make notes regarding what your marks below center on the reticle represent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jttB1kUXfJE
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Urimaginaryfrnd:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jttB1kUXfJE

Whatever zero you choose, it's important to know where your bullet hits at the ranges that you're going to shoot.  

If you go with the 36 yd zero shooting XM193 at 3000fps, remember that its max ordinate is almost 4.6" so if you hold dead on for a plate rack or headshot at 100 yds, you'll miss high.

Originally Posted By EdgecrusherXES:
I used to have a 2-2 and really liked it.  Just had issues with the sight I returned it when EOTech did the return program.  If I got another one I would get a multi dot reticle again it really worked great.

I've never understood this reticle. When I did the numbers, that -2 dot was something like 450 yds so there's a lot of room between your zero and 450 to miss. Are you shooting subs or something with this reticle?
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top