Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/2/2022 5:28:22 PM EDT
It's very odd. Sig does not list the Juliet 5 Micro anywhere on their web site. Palmetto State has it, Eurooptic lists it (OOS), so I guess it's a real thing.

I paid for one and apparently it's in stock and will ship in the next couple of days. $220, seems very inexpensive for a 5x, I guess we'll see if it's any good.

Anyone else have one?

Link Posted: 10/2/2022 7:41:43 PM EDT
[#1]
The J3x is pretty good

Interesting
Link Posted: 10/2/2022 8:30:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Did some search's for this and found nothing. Where did you order from and any other info about it?
Link Posted: 10/2/2022 8:34:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Did some search's for this and found nothing. Where did you order from and any other info about it?
View Quote

PSA has some info and some units in stock.
Link Posted: 10/2/2022 8:45:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Possibly the same OEM as EOTech G45?
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 9:15:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks I did a duck duck search and found more, google gave me nothing
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 10:05:19 PM EDT
[#6]
I purchased a Juliet 6x before. It was quite heavy, but the glass was ok. Main issue is the higher end of magnifier zoom require pretty short eye relief. It would be best for you to try it in person to see if the clarity and eye relief work for you.
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 6:39:49 AM EDT
[#7]
There’s a few in stock out there
UPC 798681659913

Link Posted: 10/4/2022 8:34:11 PM EDT
[#8]
View Quote

No sales tax at Battlehawk armory…
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 10:56:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Bereli should be the same outside of Florida.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 4:37:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Just got the Juliet 5 mounted up on my POF Rogue. I used the taller of the 2 provided spacers.

It's almost exactly the same size as the Vortex Micro 3x, but the ocular lens is much smaller. No big deal, glass looks OK, wasn't expecting Schott glass @ this price point. Plenty usable.

I do prefer the Vortex mount, which is QD and flips to the side without having to use a button. Again, no big deal, I'll take the extra magnification.

Link Posted: 10/6/2022 5:23:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Just got the Juliet 5 mounted up on my POF Rogue. I used the taller of the 2 provided spacers.

It's almost exactly the same size as the Vortex Micro 3x, but the ocular lens is much smaller. No big deal, glass looks OK, wasn't expecting Schott glass @ this price point. Plenty usable.

I do prefer the Vortex mount, which is QD and flips to the side without having to use a button. Again, no big deal, I'll take the extra magnification.

https://personal.visualitymedia.com/personal/juliet5_01.png
https://personal.visualitymedia.com/personal/juliet5_02.png
View Quote

Can you weigh it with the mount, please.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 6:03:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Can you weigh it with the mount, please.
View Quote

9.8oz with tall spacer.

ETA: Vortex Micro 3x with mount is 9.3oz.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 9:53:14 PM EDT
[#13]
I’d be curious how it compares the G45. I like my G45 a lot. 5x kind of makes it worth the weight gain to me.
Link Posted: 10/7/2022 9:41:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Does it use the same footprint as the eotech?
Link Posted: 10/7/2022 10:01:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Does it use the same footprint as the eotech?
View Quote

I don't know, actually... It has 4 screw holes, one on each corner of the mounting area. It's not the same as the Vortex Micro 3x, which just uses 2 larger screws.
Link Posted: 10/8/2022 11:19:56 AM EDT
[#16]
Is it a Aimpoint type mount? would switch the mount out if it is.
Link Posted: 10/8/2022 11:25:45 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Is it a Aimpoint type mount? would switch the mount out if it is.
View Quote

It's not Aimpoint, there's no ring involved in the mounting system...

The Unity FAST universal magnifier mount is compatible, but I don't want a 2.26" height solution.

ETA: The mount is fine and works, it's just a preference thing.
Link Posted: 10/8/2022 11:30:23 AM EDT
[#18]
Yeah, that's a little to hi for me!
Link Posted: 10/8/2022 11:44:28 AM EDT
[#19]
Why not just get a quality lpvo?  This is cumbersome.
Link Posted: 10/8/2022 12:12:41 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Easy access to true 1x with no parallax or eye relief limitations. 50,000 hour battery life with quick-to-find daylight-bright illuminated reticle. 5x for PID then it's out of the way, or 5x for longer shots where I have a bit of time before trigger press. In a pinch, dismount the magnifier and use it as a monocle for scanning without muzzle-flagging everything.

Mostly it depends on what kind of shooting you want to do. If you really need 8x or 10x on the top end, LPVO is it.
Link Posted: 10/8/2022 12:19:17 PM EDT
[#21]
How’s the eye relief and glass?
Link Posted: 10/8/2022 12:52:34 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
How’s the eye relief and glass?
View Quote

Eye relief is the same as on my Vortex Micro 3x's - I'm just shy of NTCH in the pictured config. Glass is just OK, but I'm able to see targets just fine.

Link Posted: 10/8/2022 2:29:58 PM EDT
[#23]
ok, just ordered from Bereli, see how it will work with the sig 4s I picked up on the EE. Gonna go on the 8.3" 300 blk just put together!
Link Posted: 10/8/2022 4:18:44 PM EDT
[#24]
I dont want one, but for the price I'm tempted to buy one anyway ??
Link Posted: 10/8/2022 6:58:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
It's very odd. Sig does not list the Juliet 5 Micro anywhere on their web site.
View Quote

SIG is slow to update their own website. But in general, maybe that's because it's – weirdly – listed as a "Juliet 3 - 5x24" at wholesalers, or at least it is at Lipsey's:
Same SKU and model number though.
Photo must be a placeholder, as it doesn't show the J5 markings:
Link Posted: 10/9/2022 12:52:37 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I purchased a Juliet 6x before. It was quite heavy, but the glass was ok. Main issue is the higher end of magnifier zoom require pretty short eye relief. It would be best for you to try it in person to see if the clarity and eye relief work for you.
View Quote

I have one of these and the eye relief is excellent. Better than my Sig Juliet 4x

https://www.opticsplanet.com/falke-b5x-le-w-flipup-mounting-magnifier.html
Link Posted: 10/9/2022 9:18:58 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote
With one of the sig Romeo 4 series you can have a holdover reticle, rds performance on 1x and 5x when you need it. For the weight cost of 14ish oz.
Link Posted: 10/9/2022 9:23:50 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
With one of the sig Romeo 4 series you can have a holdover reticle, rds performance on 1x and 5x when you need it. For the weight cost of 14ish oz.
View Quote

Yep.

I think higher power flip to side mags are going to change the popularity of LPVOs
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 10:31:59 AM EDT
[#29]
Mine should be here tomorrow, I'll compare it to the Atholn Midis 5x I have.
Link Posted: 10/17/2022 9:08:06 PM EDT
[#30]
Ok, looked at the Juliet and the Midis this past weekend. Both looked very similar, I couldn't see any real difference between the 2. I will give the nod to the sig because of the size.
Now my problem with it is I planned to use it with a sig Romeo 4s mounted on a scalarworks 1.93. I need to use both shims to get it to the correct height, problem is the screws provided aren't long enough to do this. Need to find out the screw size and hope I can get the right length.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 10:26:31 PM EDT
[#31]
Anyone else get their hands on one of these? I just found out that these exist. Was going to get the Eotech G45 but REALLY don’t want to drop ~$600 on it if I don’t have to. How does this thing compare to the Vortex Micro3x glass quality wise? I’ve owned one of those and was satisfied for the money. Seems like an absolute steal for the price considering its low weight and small size.
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 2:06:07 PM EDT
[#32]
Hopefully the eye box is as forgiving as the HM3X.

Seems like they’re $200 shipped on Bereli today.
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 2:36:16 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Hopefully the eye box is as forgiving as the HM3X.

Seems like they’re $200 shipped on Bereli today.
View Quote

Trying to decide if it’s worth getting the G45 over the Juliet 5. I’m okay with paying more if the performance matches.
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 2:53:40 PM EDT
[#34]
I had a 3X and didn’t like the eye relief. Not sigs fault my eyes are getting old. I would prefer a 5x but not sure if it’s the same eye relief. About 4”.

I replaced it with a Holosun 3x and it has better eye relief for me. But the Sig has a smaller footprint and is a bit lighter.
Link Posted: 12/13/2022 12:42:50 PM EDT
[#35]
So are these definitely compatible with it?

https://www.unitytactical.com/product/fast-omni-magnifier-mount/

Magnifier is ok but the mount kind of terrible. I have to mount it on the last rail back and the huge button gets in the way of the CH at times.
Link Posted: 12/13/2022 9:33:07 PM EDT
[#36]
So revelation

If you reverse the mount so the button faces forward, no more issues on CH.
Link Posted: 12/13/2022 10:40:17 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
So are these definitely compatible with it?

https://www.unitytactical.com/product/fast-omni-magnifier-mount/

Magnifier is ok but the mount kind of terrible. I have to mount it on the last rail back and the huge button gets in the way of the CH at times.
View Quote

Yes. This is compatible with the Unity mount. I asked a Sig representative.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top