AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Knights gear thread (Page 174 of 174)
Page / 174
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/20/2024 5:44:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bbridson] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:

Those are badass. I take it you had the threads custom-turned to accept the md?
View Quote

Yeah, I just ordered the barrel that way from CLE when they were still doing that kind of work.
Link Posted: 7/20/2024 5:52:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By bbridson:
Unfinished mini m110 on an SBR lower and a non ambi for the dudes that were asking

https://i.imgur.com/mU6GGGD.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/vr2VnZq.jpg
View Quote

WANT
Link Posted: 7/20/2024 5:52:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/20/2024 7:17:32 PM EDT
[#4]

Yeah, I just ordered the barrel that way from CLE when they were still doing that kind of work.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Those are badass. I take it you had the threads custom-turned to accept the md?

That's awesome. Really well done, man.
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 3:57:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Now I need help picking my next lower to build off of.

It's going to get this upper composed of the following goods.
Centurion 14.5" lightweight midlength gas barrel
NT-4 MAMS
Larue 12.0
UnbrandedAR forged upper

Torn between Armalite M15, PRI, or Rooftop Defense.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/7/2024 8:38:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Are we all just waiting for the KS-1 to drop?

Side note, I've seen a handful of newer SR-15's with Mod 2 uppers that already have the cutout for the URX 6 rail tab, so I don't see why we haven't seen URX 6 rails on SR-15 uppers yet.

Link Posted: 8/15/2024 8:21:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Anyone have an extra nt4 flash hider laying around?
Link Posted: 8/21/2024 10:26:26 PM EDT
[#8]
If you guys had to choose one rifle between these two, and why would you keep one over the other? I have two AR's and need to part with one for financial reasons. Im more of a shooter than a collector.

1. 16" Radian Model 1

2. KAC 11.5 SR15 Mod 2 MLOK Pistol w/ SBA3

I've shot the Radian. Less than 1000 rounds, but barely used it. I've had some bites on the KAC. It's brand new but man I love it. Never shot the damn thing, ironically. Ammo just got too expensive with motorcycles as my other hobby. So, I'm just wanting one rifle to stay proficient with. I'm no longer serving on active duty. I'm just a glorified desk jockey/ software engineer now after my infantry time in the army.

So gents, I know this sub thread is biased, but which one should I keep and why?
Link Posted: 8/22/2024 5:54:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By alex1996p:
If you guys had to choose one rifle between these two, and why would you keep one over the other? I have two AR's and need to part with one for financial reasons. Im more of a shooter than a collector.

1. 16" Radian Model 1

2. KAC 11.5 SR15 Mod 2 MLOK Pistol w/ SBA3

I've shot the Radian. Less than 1000 rounds, but barely used it. I've had some bites on the KAC. It's brand new but man I love it. Never shot the damn thing, ironically. Ammo just got too expensive with motorcycles as my other hobby. So, I'm just wanting one rifle to stay proficient with. I'm no longer serving on active duty. I'm just a glorified desk jockey/ software engineer now after my infantry time in the army.

So gents, I know this sub thread is biased, but which one should I keep and why?
View Quote

I personally would keep the 11.5 because of the ability to suppress it and keep it manageable in OAL.

It is still plenty capable to distances where ringing steel is fun.

Plus with all the QDC PRG cans on the market now, and how quickly EForm4s are going, it's worth staying in the KAC fold.
Link Posted: 8/22/2024 11:51:19 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By M4ger:

I personally would keep the 11.5 because of the ability to suppress it and keep it manageable in OAL.

Plus with all the QDC PRG cans on the market now, and how quickly EForm4s are going, it's worth staying in the KAC fold.
View Quote

Yea, once I ran across the QDC PRT style cans from KAC I was shocked. Very impressed from the Youtube videos I've seen. Are you advocating to use the 7.62 PRG can over a MCQ or CRS? Since Form 4 times are so quick, I was going to get a dedicated 5.56 can.
Link Posted: 8/22/2024 12:07:32 PM EDT
[#11]

Yea, once I ran across the QDC PRT style cans from KAC I was shocked. Very impressed from the Youtube videos I've seen. Are you advocating to use the 7.62 PRG can over a MCQ or CRS? Since Form 4 times are so quick, I was going to get a dedicated 5.56 can.
View All Quotes

When I worked behind the counter, I usually advocated purchasing a 308 suppressor first, because of multiple-host capability.  With KAC 762 cans, that would require a muzzle device change on your 11.5 CQB.

I don't think that's a bad route to take, as you could begin outfitting larger caliber rifles with 5/8-24 mounts at your convenience.

But, if you have nothing larger to suppress, I think a 5.56 silencer would be o.k.
Link Posted: 8/22/2024 1:49:26 PM EDT
[#12]

When I worked behind the counter, I usually advocated purchasing a 308 suppressor first, because of multiple-host capability.  With KAC 762 cans, that would require a muzzle device change on your 11.5 CQB.

I don't think that's a bad route to take, as you could begin outfitting larger caliber rifles with 5/8-24 mounts at your convenience.

But, if you have nothing larger to suppress, I think a 5.56 silencer would be o.k.
View Quote

I wonder whether the MCQ or CRS would be good for an overall 5.56 can? It seems to be more about flash and flow through tech instead of pure sound suppression. From what I understand both cans still bring the cans to quieter levels. Don't know if they're hearing safe or not?
Link Posted: 8/22/2024 3:36:02 PM EDT
[#13]

I wonder whether the MCQ or CRS would be good for an overall 5.56 can? It seems to be more about flash and flow through tech instead of pure sound suppression. From what I understand both cans still bring the cans to quieter levels. Don't know if they're hearing safe or not?
View All Quotes

If you're like me and played guitars for 27 years and worked construction for a decade, hearing safe is different than someone who has not abused their eardrums

If you're outside, it's a little easier to send one than it is while inside 4 walls.
Link Posted: 8/22/2024 5:28:19 PM EDT
[#14]

View Quote

No 5.56 can will ever be hearing safe, unless you find some subsonic rounds somewhere. Both the MCQ and CRS will be fine overall cans for 5.56, what is 'best' will depend on your priorities.

For an understanding of scale, a 10dB increase in volume is 10 times louder due to the logarithmic nature of dB. 140 dB is the threshold for instantaneous hearing damage, but long or repeated exposure to sounds at or above 80 dB can cause hearing loss. Closing the action on an AR is in the 120 dB range. Most 5.56 cans are in the high 130's to  mid 140db range.

Personally I would not buy a 5.56 can with any expectation of "quiet". Expecting "quieter" vs unsuppressed is more realistic.
Link Posted: 8/23/2024 2:50:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Attachment Attached File

Corncob meet PRG.

The new PRG is definitely a better fit to the NT-4 muzzle devices.

Snug.
Link Posted: 8/23/2024 3:01:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By oldbrowndog:

No 5.56 can will ever be hearing safe, unless you find some subsonic rounds somewhere. Both the MCQ and CRS will be fine overall cans for 5.56, what is 'best' will depend on your priorities.

For an understanding of scale, a 10dB increase in volume is 10 times louder due to the logarithmic nature of dB. 140 dB is the threshold for instantaneous hearing damage, but long or repeated exposure to sounds at or above 80 dB can cause hearing loss. Closing the action on an AR is in the 120 dB range. Most 5.56 cans are in the high 130's to  mid 140db range.

Personally I would not buy a 5.56 can with any expectation of "quiet". Expecting "quieter" vs unsuppressed is more realistic.
View Quote

Yea, as a conventional Army dude I wasn't issued suppressors. So, this is still new to me with my first can. Never used em overseas either. I'd like sound reduction to a decent level but I'd rather prioritize a few things over that:

1. Flash Suppression
2. Not having gas in my face
3. Portability since it would go on an 11.5 for HD/ Range sessions
4. Concussive blast indoors being mitigated/ reduced significantly if I actually ever had to use this thing at 2am.
5. Suppression would be nice, but my expectations probably needs to shift. I know KAC and SF cans are just not meant for pure DB reduction.

I noticed the OAL for an 11.5 for the MCQ PRT would be 15-16 inches and then a CRS would be 17-18. I didn't realize how quick the OAL adds up and thought the CRS would be at the 16 inch carbine size. Seems like MCQ would be the way to go for my application?
Link Posted: 8/23/2024 6:58:47 PM EDT
[#17]
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/401845/IMG_20240823_143430678_HDR_jpg-3302421.JPG

Corncob meet PRG.

The new PRG is definitely a better fit to the NT-4 muzzle devices.

Snug.
View Quote

So so sexyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!
Link Posted: 8/23/2024 8:14:21 PM EDT
[#18]

Yea, as a conventional Army dude I wasn't issued suppressors. So, this is still new to me with my first can. Never used em overseas either. I'd like sound reduction to a decent level but I'd rather prioritize a few things over that:

1. Flash Suppression
2. Not having gas in my face
3. Portability since it would go on an 11.5 for HD/ Range sessions
4. Concussive blast indoors being mitigated/ reduced significantly if I actually ever had to use this thing at 2am.
5. Suppression would be nice, but my expectations probably needs to shift. I know KAC and SF cans are just not meant for pure DB reduction.

I noticed the OAL for an 11.5 for the MCQ PRT would be 15-16 inches and then a CRS would be 17-18. I didn't realize how quick the OAL adds up and thought the CRS would be at the 16 inch carbine size. Seems like MCQ would be the way to go for my application?
View Quote

I have the old gen KAC welded cans, the 556 QDC/CQB and the 556QDC. I typically have the full size on my 11.5 and the short can on my 14.5. I find the 11.5 with full size can is handy enough. Based on the priorities you listed, the MCQ on 11.5 would be very handy, and work fine
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 6:41:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Heya guys I have a Back Up Iron Sight (BUIS) question?
I am trying to collect all the models of the BUIS from Knights.
I am also wondering what the time frame for the date of issue (DOI) is on these?

1) I currently have the flip up post SOPMOD model with and without windage graduations on the base: I am guessing mid-1990's?

2) I have the range adjustable Flip-Up BUIS with the big base like the SOPMOD variant: Not really sure what the DOI is.

3) I also have the Micro-BUIS and not sure of of the DOI is on these.

I am curious to hear if there are older models: I have heard of one that may have a windage knob from the M-16/M16A1 instead of the M16A2 style one on the SOPMOD variant?

Any help and dates of issue/manufacture would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 7:04:11 AM EDT
[#20]
Attachment Attached File

Only shot 120 rounds yesterday, but I am pleased with the new PRG.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 7:57:31 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Teufelmann55:
Heya guys I have a Back Up Iron Sight (BUIS) question?
I am trying to collect all the models of the BUIS from Knights.
I am also wondering what the time frame for the date of issue (DOI) is on these?

1) I currently have the flip up post SOPMOD model with and without windage graduations on the base: I am guessing mid-1990's?

2) I have the range adjustable Flip-Up BUIS with the big base like the SOPMOD variant: Not really sure what the DOI is.

3) I also have the Micro-BUIS and not sure of of the DOI is on these.

I am curious to hear if there are older models: I have heard of one that may have a windage knob from the M-16/M16A1 instead of the M16A2 style one on the SOPMOD variant?

Any help and dates of issue/manufacture would be appreciated.
View Quote

There is a 300m model with the A1 windage knob.

I believe that's genos collection.
Link Posted: 8/31/2024 8:44:55 AM EDT
[#22]
Yes, that looks exactly like what I have heard of and there are a few different variants to boot! Any ideas on when they were introduced and then were stopped being made?

Thank you for that it gives me something to look for now. I would imagine they would be difficult to source?

Link Posted: 9/2/2024 7:21:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 1:18:12 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 6:34:37 AM EDT
[#25]
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/8/2024 2:08:02 PM EDT
[#26]
What would be the correct KAC rear sight from the late 90’s to early 2000’s?
Link Posted: 9/8/2024 2:58:18 PM EDT
[#27]

Link Posted: 9/9/2024 9:23:21 PM EDT
[#28]
Anyone know about Sr-25 ER suppressor serial numbers? I have one that’s starts with M and is stamped MK11 Mod 0.  have also seen them start with C?

Thanks, Ed
Link Posted: 9/9/2024 9:52:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: havoc] [#29]
Originally Posted By TheTacticalCoyote:
What would be the correct KAC rear sight from the late 90’s to early 2000’s?
View Quote

Based on memory working for KAC at roughly the time in question: The original “big knob” 300m BUIS was the issued SOPMOD kit sight, and were fitted to SR-15 / SR-16 carbines and rifles; “big knob” 200-600m sights were fitted to Mk11s being built / shipped.

The A1-dial type 300m BUIS iron sights were phased out by then, and the now-common Micro sights didn’t yet exist.

Hope this helps…
Link Posted: 9/9/2024 9:57:59 PM EDT
[#30]
The Griffin MGL-C finally showed up for my SR25 EMC.  Still waiting for the CRS PRG to get approved for the full size SR25 ECR.  This Griffin sounds pretty damn good and I didn't have any noticeable POI shift.

Link Posted: 9/10/2024 12:21:57 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By havoc:

Based on memory working for KAC at roughly the time in question: The original “big knob” 300m BUIS was the issued SOPMOD kit sight, and were fitted to SR-15 / SR-16 carbines and rifles; “big knob” 200-600m sights were fitted to Mk11s being built / shipped.

The A1-dial type 300m BUIS iron sights were phased out by then, and the now-common Micro sights didn’t yet exist.

Hope this helps…
View Quote

Yes it does, thanks!
Link Posted: 9/22/2024 8:41:55 PM EDT
[#32]

Seems sketchy.
Link Posted: 9/22/2024 8:49:51 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 9/22/2024 9:22:01 PM EDT
[#34]

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/200-816.gif
View Quote

Right.  Kind of crazy that the new products are not backwards compatible.  I had to use every shim I could find to get it out far enough for it to fit.  I guess the shrouds will sit on the shelf till I can get a KS series.
Link Posted: 9/25/2024 10:49:11 AM EDT
[#35]
So, these are out in the wild, and yes, I did buy one. Contemplating getting the FDE as well.

Link Posted: 10/7/2024 1:07:17 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Outrider:

You may be able to track down a Wilson Combat one that looked very KAC'ish. An older setup I had:

https://i.imgur.com/umF9iQG.jpg

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Outrider:
Originally Posted By 5L33P3R:

Yea, the ARMS 41 is kinda what I’m leaning toward at the moment

You may be able to track down a Wilson Combat one that looked very KAC'ish. An older setup I had:

https://i.imgur.com/umF9iQG.jpg

Any leads on one of these Wilson Combat FSGB?
Link Posted: 10/8/2024 2:41:49 PM EDT
[#37]
Hey fellas, anybody happen to have a 7.62 QDC flash hider can mount (P/N: 112954) in 5/8-24 to sell? I'm building a .300BLK and the only ones available are thru GunBroker for $400.
Link Posted: 10/11/2024 2:34:25 AM EDT
[#38]
Finally got a long FF RAS for an upcoming MK12 Mod
1 build. Feels good man! Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/11/2024 6:14:16 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By The_Hammer:
Finally got a long FF RAS for an upcoming MK12 Mod
1 build. Feels good man! https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/299792/IMG_7217_jpeg-3346490.JPG
View Quote

Nice.

I got one in June.

Good luck on the MK12
Link Posted: 10/12/2024 5:57:37 PM EDT
[#40]

Nice.

I got one in June.

Good luck on the MK12
View Quote

Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/15/2024 10:28:04 PM EDT
[#41]
Anyone in here have a spare URX 4 wrench? I’m needing to remove my rail to swap a barrel out and didn’t want to send the upper off for a simple task
Link Posted: Yesterday 9:39:22 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Three0h8:
Anyone in here have a spare URX 4 wrench? I’m needing to remove my rail to swap a barrel out and didn’t want to send the upper off for a simple task
View Quote

I have one I can loan you, but not really looking to sell it. Hit me up via IM if interested.
Link Posted: Yesterday 10:34:35 AM EDT
[#43]
Attachment Attached File

8.5” 9mm with a 8.5” urx4
Page / 174
Next Page Arrow Left
Knights gear thread (Page 174 of 174)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top