BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/19/2024 2:35:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Propblast]
Hello boys!
I have the opportunity to pic up a L3 laser module at a decent price.  As we are all aware sometimes a good deal isn't such a good deal, so I was wondering if some of you fine gentlemen or ladies or whatever you may identify yourselves as can tell me if this is a real L3 module or a fake. Thanks in advance pics below
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 2:56:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jt526] [#1]

I mean, what are the odds you got the same serial number on the sticker there as the replica on Amazon?

does it have an IR Illuminator?

https://a.co/d/8RX4P9Z

Oh yeah, probably fake as efff, the inserts on the lockout screw holes are not brass. Front screws are not epoxied over either.
Ask for a picture of the illuminator without the diffuser on, bet a white led lurks under there.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 3:11:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KavonTN] [#2]
Looks fake to me.  I don't think L3 made the LA5 with green vis. Or any ATPIAL with green vis, only red.  S/N on the sticker doesn't match the unit as well.

Also the above mentioned things.

Just curious, what's the asking price?
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 3:21:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: D_Man] [#3]
Yep, definitely a Chinese airsoft knockoff.  Exposed screw heads on the faceplate are another giveaway besides the others mentioned.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 3:25:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Plus that UHP button would be like the ultra eye burner 9000 version LA-5C to like signal aircraft to drop bombs right? I wonder if they ever even made a black version.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 4:00:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By KavonTN:
Looks fake to me.  I don't think L3 made the LA5 with green vis. Or any ATPIAL with green vis, only red.  S/N on the sticker doesn't match the unit as well.

Also the above mentioned things.

Just curious, what's the asking price?
View Quote

So it is attached to a Sig 556 pistol. It has a Aimpoint Comp4 on it as well and a couple of other things but Like I said above a good deal sometimes isn't .

Thanks y'all I appreciate the help.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top