Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
M16a4 (clone) picture thread (Page 124 of 147)
Page / 147
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 1:42:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Tigwelder1971:
Colt CAGE marked charging handles at SAC. Price is up but what isn't Colt-wise? 

Info on his webpage on how orders are taken.
View Quote

We're going to have to start referring to you as Pusher....lol.

And damn...those prices did go up....lucky I got one off the EE a month or so back for $25.00 shipped, but Chris's are new not a take off or used.
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 2:32:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By srob7001:

We're going to have to start referring to you as Pusher....lol.

And damn...those prices did go up....lucky I got one off the EE a month or so back for $25.00 shipped, but Chris's are new not a take off or used.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Colt CAGE marked charging handles at SAC. Price is up but what isn't Colt-wise? 

We're going to have to start referring to you as Pusher....lol.

And damn...those prices did go up....lucky I got one off the EE a month or so back for $25.00 shipped, but Chris's are new not a take off or used.

You watch....3 weeks from now there will be 12 different posts looking for these handles by guys wanting clone parts.  

Can't buy if you dont know....
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 2:38:32 PM EDT
[#3]

You watch....3 weeks from now there will be 12 different posts looking for these handles by guys wanting clone parts.  

Can't buy if you dont know....
View Quote

Agree'd....just busting your balls......due to your post's I have spent A LOT of money with Chris, and I regret nothing. I have some of my favorite builds completed because of your mentioning of Shark Arms and his deals. He has parts I never thought possible to find.
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 3:42:12 PM EDT
[#4]

Agree'd....just busting your balls......due to your post's I have spent A LOT of money with Chris, and I regret nothing. I have some of my favorite builds completed because of your mentioning of Shark Arms and his deals. He has parts I never thought possible to find.
View Quote

All good.

I buy a lot from Chris, he's always been solid. The man can find shit that I never can.

Link Posted: 4/30/2020 4:02:11 PM EDT
[#5]
I wouldn't be where I'm at with my FN build without Chris!

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/30/2020 4:07:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By tifosi:
I wouldn't be where I'm at with my FN build without Chris!

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/78310/20200430_155259_jpg-1394548.JPG
View Quote

I gotta do an A4 build.....
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 4:50:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By hypersport750:

With the placement of that front sling swivel, you must be a lefty rifle shooter like me. Nice rifle.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By hypersport750:

With the placement of that front sling swivel, you must be a lefty rifle shooter like me. Nice rifle.
Yes sir!
Originally Posted By tifosi:

Thanks
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 5:07:37 PM EDT
[#8]

I gotta do an A4 build.....
View Quote

Do it! I love mine and wish I could take it out and shoot it.
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 5:20:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Has anyone seen on of those FN or Sabre Defence M16A3/A4 uppers in stock anywhere?  I have my old Bushmaster A2 service rifle match lower assembly and I'd like to find one of these uppers to build a rifle for my 7 year-old so he can graduate up from .22 to high power.
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 8:04:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By M1Lou:

Do it! I love mine and wish I could take it out and shoot it.
View All Quotes

I gotta do an A4 build.....

Honestly it's the one build I've never done.

But then again,  I have T rex arms. My buddy says I " make a Sportster look big. "
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 8:39:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 9:28:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By M1Lou:

Do it! I love mine and wish I could take it out and shoot it.
View Quote
Another Virginian that can't shoot right now - this is absurd.
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 10:47:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By USMA-1982:
Another Virginian that can't shoot right now - this is absurd.
View All Quotes

Another Virginian that can't shoot right now - this is absurd.

It really is absurd. I hope Gov. Blackface is enjoying his time at his beach house out of state while everyone else is hating life. The two ranges I can go to that are close, Sharpshooters or the NRA range, are closed of course because they are considered "entertainment". I luckily sighted in my A4 clone right before the craziness happened.  I have two ARs to test fire after building and then two that need sighted in again after modifications.
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 5:53:53 AM EDT
[#14]
Colt CAGE marked charging handles at SAC. Price is up butt what isn't Colt-wise? 

View Quote

Website?
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 6:31:19 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By 45ProCarry:

Website?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 45ProCarry:
Colt CAGE marked charging handles at SAC. Price is up butt what isn't Colt-wise? 

Website?

SAC
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 10:39:11 AM EDT
[#16]
Any evidence of M16A4s being used with charging handles with extended latches like a PRI Big Latch, etc? Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 11:04:47 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By mdavis:
Any evidence of M16A4s being used with charging handles with extended latches like a PRI Big Latch, etc? Thanks.
View Quote

Never seen any M16 variant using anything other then a standard CH.

CD
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 11:31:40 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Combat_Diver:

Never seen any M16 variant using anything other then a standard CH.

CD
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Combat_Diver:
Originally Posted By mdavis:
Any evidence of M16A4s being used with charging handles with extended latches like a PRI Big Latch, etc? Thanks.

Never seen any M16 variant using anything other then a standard CH.

CD

Thank you sir.
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 11:58:34 AM EDT
[#19]

It really is absurd. I hope Gov. Blackface is enjoying his time at his beach house out of state while everyone else is hating life. The two ranges I can go to that are close, Sharpshooters or the NRA range, are closed of course because they are considered "entertainment". I luckily sighted in my A4 clone right before the craziness happened.  I have two ARs to test fire after building and then two that need sighted in again after modifications.
View Quote
@M1Lou - Quantico Shooting Club reopens Sat, 9 May.  Are you a member there?  I need to zero the new A4 clone, and if a few parts get here this week, a 1917 Enfield as well!
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 12:32:23 PM EDT
[#20]
@M1Lou - Quantico Shooting Club reopens Sat, 9 May.  Are you a member there?  I need to zero the new A4 clone, and if a few parts get here this week, a 1917 Enfield as well!
View Quote

I'm not, but I will look into it as it's not too far away from me. I read through the rules to get on base with POWs and it doesn't look like you need to register them according to MCBO 8000.1D. Is that still true? Registration is one reason why I never bring any guns on military bases. It's a stupid rule that does nothing, yet opens me up to serious consequences if I missed registering a gun, or a serial number is off by a few digits.

https://www.quantico.marines.mil/Portals/147/Adjutant/SSIC/08000/MCBO%208000.1D.PDF?ver=2014-12-03-160103-493
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 3:56:22 PM EDT
[#21]

I'm not, but I will look into it as it's not too far away from me. I read through the rules to get on base with POWs and it doesn't look like you need to register them according to MCBO 8000.1D. Is that still true? Registration is one reason why I never bring any guns on military bases. It's a stupid rule that does nothing, yet opens me up to serious consequences if I missed registering a gun, or a serial number is off by a few digits.

https://www.quantico.marines.mil/Portals/147/Adjutant/SSIC/08000/MCBO%208000.1D.PDF?ver=2014-12-03-160103-493
View Quote
As a member, none of my guns are registered.  I believe that's only for weapons stored on Quantico.
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 7:38:09 PM EDT
[#22]
As a member, none of my guns are registered.  I believe that's only for weapons stored on Quantico.
View All Quotes

I'm not, but I will look into it as it's not too far away from me. I read through the rules to get on base with POWs and it doesn't look like you need to register them according to MCBO 8000.1D. Is that still true? Registration is one reason why I never bring any guns on military bases. It's a stupid rule that does nothing, yet opens me up to serious consequences if I missed registering a gun, or a serial number is off by a few digits. 

As a member, none of my guns are registered.  I believe that's only for weapons stored on Quantico.

Awesome. I would like to stretch out a few of my guns beyond the 25-50 yards I've been shooting. The last time I shot a carry handle rifle at more than 100 yards was when I qualified on an M16A2 about ten years ago. My M16A4 "clone" has a LaRue barrel that has been really accurate so far and I would like to stretch it out a bit while I still have good eyes.
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 12:09:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Where can one find the correct tick selector for an A4? I just picked up a Colt AR15A4 and want to remove the Ambi selector for the sake of correctness.
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 12:57:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 1:00:04 PM EDT
[#25]
Almost there. Still have a little work to do.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 1:27:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: uniform64] [#26]
Originally Posted By Super_Trouper:
Where can one find the correct tick selector for an A4? I just picked up a Colt AR15A4 and want to remove the Ambi selector for the sake of correctness.
View Quote

I don't think they have the correct tic but BCM and Aero LPK's come with a tic selector
BCM has a star and Aero has an S if that matters to you
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 7:17:16 PM EDT
[#27]

When you rev up ol’ Sally Sue the M16A4 for the first time since basic training and hear that “sproing” of the fixed buffer and M193 rounds vibe checking steel targets at 200m out of a 20” barrel...you start to wonder why you ever abandoned her.

Thanks to my lurking in this thread I now have a musket (and another clone after abandoning them for modernized KAC rifles). Think I'm going to run irons on it for awhile, may pick up a RAS for it if I can find a good deal on one.

Feels a hell of a lot lighter and smaller than I remember when I was a wormy, 18 year old private. Hated the thing back then.

Link Posted: 5/7/2020 8:15:35 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Super_Trouper:
Where can one find the correct tick selector for an A4? I just picked up a Colt AR15A4 and want to remove the Ambi selector for the sake of correctness.
View Quote

This is the one at Brownells:

Schmid Tool Auto Safety

Without getting into a lengthy discussion about the “rules,” I remove the fin in the center of the safety to ensure that it is a semi-only selector. That will also allow it to fire in semi in the third position.
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 8:45:41 PM EDT
[#29]
Watching The Patriot on Netflix this evening. Pulled out my own musket for the occasion.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2iYDFRm]
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 8:46:22 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Colt_Chad:
Watching The Patriot on Netflix this evening. Pulled out my own musket for the occasion.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2iYDFRm]https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49867834578_9aa09cbddf_h.jpg
View Quote

Clean
Link Posted: 5/9/2020 6:42:24 PM EDT
[#31]
I have a a question about A2 grips.

I have one each of the A2 grip that came in lpks. One is fat and one is skinny, what time frame would these be correct for? I built 2 clone type M16s one with a RAS, one with round handgaurds and carry handle.

Thanks
Link Posted: 5/9/2020 10:14:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mb44kar] [#32]
I'd say skinny one goes with the RAS clone and fat one with the simpler clone.
The only properly fat A2 grips I know of are the early 90's Colt ones which went on M16A2s. I have an FN grip and a later chalky-textured Colt grip and both are averagely skinny.

But if these are more range toy than anything, just figure out which one feels best and put that on the one you're gonna shoot more.

Edit: the early fat Colt A2 grips (for M16A2s I think) are marked with a number in a depressed circle inside the handle, the FN grips are marked # F with the screw inbetween # and F, and the new chalky Colt grips are marked F#.
Link Posted: 5/9/2020 10:26:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TGWLDR] [#33]
Current contract grip example takeoff (Colt/FN/KAC), glossy finish:

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Eta: pic of internal markings from a new Colt lpk (chalky):

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 1:50:05 PM EDT
[#34]
I need to invest in a camera, my iPhone takes shitty pictures.

Anyways, here's my progress. Going to pick up a Vickers Sling and rear adapter for it. I may pick up an ACOG for it in the future, but honestly, I enjoy shooting the irons on this one.

Link Posted: 5/12/2020 2:04:34 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 8:24:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Super_Trouper] [#36]
ETA: Disregard, I was looking in the wrong place.
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 8:56:50 AM EDT
[#37]
like it... like it a lot!
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 9:24:15 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By js1977:
View All Quotes
+1
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 3:02:35 PM EDT
[#39]
Need help with a VFG. Looks like the surefire but doesnt have the light assembly attached to it. Has a slot for the remote switch . I looked at the tango down and I dont think its the one . Anyone know what Im looking for before I go back 100 pages here
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 3:04:46 PM EDT
[#40]
+1
View All Quotes
+1
Thanks! Im not liking the vickers sling. I like a thicker sling like the magpul MS or a GP . I need to cut a seatbelt and make one
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 5:56:08 PM EDT
[#41]

What side sling mount are you using here? Which are generally considered correct?
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 9:44:09 PM EDT
[#42]
midwest industries. I know Vickers makes one.

View Quote
As for issue  I think the M203
side sling adapter is clone correct. Others here know much more than me
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 10:14:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Super_Trouper] [#43]
Are there any photos of M600s being run on A4s at all? Or are they all 952s?

More progress on the A4. UID label and rear sling adapter. Need to grab another NSN sling for it. I have an M7 ACOG ordered, but I'm not sure if I'm going to run it on the A4 or M4.
Pic thread:

Link Posted: 5/27/2020 8:36:11 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 1:20:05 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Nthill93:
Fn uppers back in stock at oow
https://www.oowinc.com/exclusives/semi-auto/complete-fn-upper-parts-set/
View Quote

That's interesting - it's actually a parts kit that includes everything except the upper receiver, not the complete upper receiver groups like they were selling previously. I haven't seen that offered before.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 3:10:49 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By 3ACR_Scout:

That's interesting - it's actually a parts kit that includes everything except the upper receiver, not the complete upper receiver groups like they were selling previously. I haven't seen that offered before.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 3ACR_Scout:
Originally Posted By Nthill93:
Fn uppers back in stock at oow
https://www.oowinc.com/exclusives/semi-auto/complete-fn-upper-parts-set/

Not as good of a deal as the complete uppers they had.
You'd still need to source an FN A3 upper (not sure how common those are???) and a Matech to have the same upper as the previous lot,
which would put this well above $700 or more compared to the $575 for the other ones.
Still not a bad place to start for an A4 clone, but more expensive.
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 2:03:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Lancelot] [#47]
Link Posted: 6/4/2020 9:57:10 AM EDT
[#48]
In need of an optic for this clone inspired A4.
Other than an ACOG what might be my clone correct options?

Thanks

Link Posted: 6/4/2020 12:06:35 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Hojo15:
In need of an optic for this clone inspired A4.
Other than an ACOG what might be my clone correct options?

Thanks

https://i.imgur.com/g68BWe0.jpg
View Quote

carry handle + brownells retro 4x?

Link Posted: 6/4/2020 12:19:37 PM EDT
[#50]

GWOT-ting in style! I've been wanting to do this.
Page / 147
M16a4 (clone) picture thread (Page 124 of 147)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top