Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
M16a4 (clone) picture thread (Page 127 of 147)
Page / 147
Link Posted: 8/22/2020 9:07:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Where are you all getting the RFID tags to add to your clones?
Link Posted: 8/22/2020 9:11:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/23/2020 9:51:30 AM EDT
[#3]

Link Posted: 8/23/2020 8:03:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Very nice, jelly. My m5 Rail just came in and my matech should be any day. Going to assemble this week hopefully
Link Posted: 8/26/2020 5:50:30 PM EDT
[#5]
My Colt A4 as it sits now, waiting on an ACOG. A4 lightweight (6720) and M4 (6920) next to it.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/30/2020 10:39:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Perfect setup for me, A4 baby!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/31/2020 4:18:28 PM EDT
[#7]
My A-Team
IMG_3948 by John Hermesmeyer, on Flickr

And M4 clone

M-Forgery by John Hermesmeyer, on Flickr
Link Posted: 8/31/2020 5:45:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Super_Trouper] [#8]
If anyone needs/wants a Larue LT622 SDO ACOG Mount for a USMC clone, shoot me a PM. Just figured I’d ask in here before I post up in the general EE since it’s relevant.

ETA: SOLT
Link Posted: 9/1/2020 8:33:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Super_Trouper:
If anyone needs/wants a Larue LT622 SDO ACOG Mount for a USMC clone, shoot me a PM. Just figured I'd ask in here before I post up in the general EE since it's relevant.
View Quote

already dun bought it.
Link Posted: 9/2/2020 1:29:58 PM EDT
[#10]
New furniture.  I picked up a RAS M5 and some rail covers on the EE and replaced the A2 hand guards that came with my Aero upper.  I've actually been shooting this one quite a bit with the iron sights and it's so much fun I may not even bother with an ACOG.  Devote those funds to another rifle instead

Coming from the A1/A2 generation, playing with the rail covers is kind of fun too.  I looked at a lot of pics on line, and placement of the covers seems to be as much a function of individual preference as the accessories that are being mounted.  With no VFG, lights, lasers etc., what seemed to make sense for me was getting the most comfortable left (weak) hand grip.  How did you Marines set yours up - were there unit SOPs?

Link Posted: 9/2/2020 1:41:39 PM EDT
[#11]
In for an Army clone. Are the FN M16A4 over run barrels considered clone correct?  Have an M5 RAS on the way now.  Gonna go with the Aimpoint M4
Link Posted: 9/2/2020 2:10:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By USMA-1982:
New furniture.  I picked up a RAS M5 and some rail covers on the EE and replaced the A2 hand guards that came with my Aero upper.  I've actually been shooting this one quite a bit with the iron sights and it's so much fun I may not even bother with an ACOG.  Devote those funds to another rifle instead

Coming from the A1/A2 generation, playing with the rail covers is kind of fun too.  I looked at a lot of pics on line, and placement of the covers seems to be as much a function of individual preference as the accessories that are being mounted.  With no VFG, lights, lasers etc., what seemed to make sense for me was getting the most comfortable left (weak) hand grip.  How did you Marines set yours up - were there unit SOPs?

https://i.imgur.com/730VNl6l.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/puSbLbTl.jpg
View Quote

I'm glad the rail found a good home!

As far as panels go, in boot camp or for like drilling/parading purposes you have to have the panels a certain way for "look" but in the Marines infantry there's no unit SOP for the placement of them.

This is mine a few moons ago and I rocked my rifle without panels; less dirt getting in little places that way and easier/faster cleaning when out in the field doing grunt stuffs

My squad

Link Posted: 9/2/2020 6:19:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By MNRidesHonda:

I'm glad the rail found a good home!

As far as panels go, in boot camp or for like drilling/parading purposes you have to have the panels a certain way for "look" but in the Marines infantry there's no unit SOP for the placement of them.

This is mine a few moons ago and I rocked my rifle without panels; less dirt getting in little places that way and easier/faster cleaning when out in the field doing grunt stuffs

https://i.imgur.com/DA3rpFT.jpg

My squad

https://i.imgur.com/47BJsmV.jpg
View Quote
+1 - loving the rail, thanks Minh!  Should be able to shoot it tomorrow!  Great squad pic.  When I was in SF we pretty much tailored our individual equipment for utility, ease of access and comfort.  Garrison rules for appearance are understandable, but when deployed whatever makes the individual Soldier/Marine most combat effective should be the rule!  Great pics - looks like you had a solid squad.
Link Posted: 9/4/2020 6:55:01 PM EDT
[#14]
i could prolly sell the other ARs and be happy with just this......

Link Posted: 9/4/2020 9:20:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By HaveBlue83:

https://i.ibb.co/10dK0rt/IMG-20200904-184739077.jpg
View Quote

Recently I’ve really gotten fond of my 20” AR’s.  Seems like those and my Mk18’s are my favorites right now.
Link Posted: 9/5/2020 6:08:02 PM EDT
[#16]
So I picked up one of the many available A4 uppers online with the M5 RAS installed. It's got top covers on it that I cannot move out of the way to get to the rear screw to take off the RAS top. Anyone come up with a solution for removing the cover to get at the screw to loosen it?
Link Posted: 9/5/2020 6:24:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By LavaDomane:
So I picked up one of the many available A4 uppers online with the M5 RAS installed. It's got top covers on it that I cannot move out of the way to get to the rear screw to take off the RAS top. Anyone come up with a solution for removing the cover to get at the screw to loosen it?
View Quote

On the top cover that covers the screw, press down on the middle of the metal spring clip(just like a pushbutton) and use your other hand to push the cover into the reciever. The cover will go on the reciever 1913 rail, thereby exposing the screw. You have to keep pressure on that metal spring the entire time.
Link Posted: 9/5/2020 6:45:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Appreciate that. The cover appears to be out of spec and doesn't come close to being able to slide onto the receiver rail. I've been bending and twisting this thing for an hour and my arthritis is kickin!
Link Posted: 9/5/2020 7:36:04 PM EDT
[#19]
ok theres a trick to this......

pop lower rail off, slide both top covers forward to the fsb. unscrew the screw and pull the top rail up, then slife em off and NEVER PUT THEM BACK ON THERE lol
Link Posted: 9/6/2020 10:30:43 AM EDT
[#20]

pop lower rail off, slide both top covers forward to the fsb. unscrew the screw and pull the top rail up, then slife em off and NEVER PUT THEM BACK ON THERE lol
View Quote

This, 100%. Rail covers on the top are the devil.

As for out of spec cover, one or two things could be an issue - 1) The screw on the rail is not screwed in, which will cause the rail to catch, or 2) The bottom tabs on metal retainer of the panel need bent out slightly to slide onto the rail, as some of the metal retainers won't "unlock" no matter how hard you press em.
Link Posted: 9/6/2020 7:40:57 PM EDT
[#21]
this was my T.I. cart @ work on 4 May, 2012.

enjoy :)

upload images

Link Posted: 9/9/2020 9:08:08 AM EDT
[#22]
Took this pic for a different thread, figured I'd throw here as well.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/9/2020 9:28:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Another-Bill] [#23]
Mine.  Some deviations, I used a Daniel Defense free float Omega rail for instance.

Link Posted: 9/9/2020 9:58:50 PM EDT
[#24]
this was my T.I. cart @ work on 4 May, 2012.

enjoy :)

https://i.ibb.co/zhRTF0P/IMG-1779.jpg
upload images

View Quote

Link Posted: 9/10/2020 5:28:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Creature] [#25]

https://i.ibb.co/10dK0rt/IMG-20200904-184739077.jpg
View Quote
@HaveBlue83

Nice rifle. I think you ought to get rid of that commercial grip...and put a correct one on.

F-marked A2 grip
Link Posted: 9/10/2020 6:19:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HaveBlue83] [#26]
never paid much attention to the grips except didnt want shiny ones or fat ones. this one seems fine.

dad on the A4 workin on a 165yd torso popper. easy hits.

Link Posted: 9/16/2020 6:00:34 PM EDT
[#27]
Anyone have a lead on (or have) a proper Tick selector? OOS on Brownells. My OCD wants me to make it authentic.
Link Posted: 9/16/2020 6:39:38 PM EDT
[#28]
So...M4 stocks have been a thing since like 2017? Not to sound sexist, but do female Marines get the eye relief hook up or something?

Link Posted: 9/16/2020 6:49:16 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By ThRob:
So...M4 stocks have been a thing since like 2017? Not to sound sexist, but do female Marines get the eye relief hook up or something?

https://i.imgur.com/70IgXPF.png

https://i.imgur.com/70Jizuj.png

https://i.imgur.com/iVyEjlZ.png

https://i.imgur.com/5l426FP.png
View Quote

Yup, for females and Oompa Loompas. Conversion kit that consists of the stock, receiver extension, spring and a special H6 buffer to work with the rifle length gas system.
Link Posted: 9/16/2020 7:30:15 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Super_Trouper:

Yup, for females and Oompa Loompas. Conversion kit that consists of the stock, receiver extension, spring and a special H6 buffer to work with the rifle length gas system.
View Quote

Oh yeah, I found that NSN for the kit pretty easily ...

1005-01-569-6938

So are these ever make it into the wild? Or do they use them for quals and then get issued something else after basic?
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 7:59:54 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By ThRob:So are these ever make it into the wild? Or do they use them for quals and then get issued something else after basic?
View Quote

I have never seen them in the fleet.  Which isn't to say it never happens, just that I have never seen it.  Even in boot camp the one shorty we had only got the conversion for range qual.  Before and after he was using the standard stock like everyone else.
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 8:50:05 PM EDT
[#32]
#HerToo

terribly front heavy thing.....

Link Posted: 9/21/2020 4:53:16 PM EDT
[#33]

View Quote

Yup. No reason for top rail covers.
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 4:53:52 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Another-Bill:
Mine.  Some deviations, I used a Daniel Defense free float Omega rail for instance.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/472/©_Bushmaster_A4_196-1584016.jpg
View Quote

What's your QD adapter on that stock?
Link Posted: 9/24/2020 3:51:33 PM EDT
[#35]
Shark Arms is selling the m5 RAS for $200.  

It says $225 on their website but they told me over the phone that they have lowered their price.
Link Posted: 9/24/2020 6:45:33 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By ThePencilBarrelTaco:

View Quote

Tango Down PR-16A4 Fixed Stock Sling Mount. I have one and I love it.

I don't see them listed on their website anymore. PSA appears to have them in stock. MidwayUSA has them listed as discontinued. Better snap one up while remaining stock is still out there.

Link Posted: 9/24/2020 8:04:40 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By K5FAL:
Shark Arms is selling the m5 RAS for $200.  

It says $225 on their website but they told me over the phone that they have lowered their price.
View Quote

Thanks for that!
Link Posted: 9/25/2020 7:43:09 PM EDT
[#38]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Another-Bill:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/472/©_Bushmaster_A4_196-1584016.jpg

TANGODOWN SLING MOUNT, QD, FOR FIXED A2 Stocks
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 12:36:24 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 9:21:26 PM EDT
[#40]
Is the PSA M16A4 lower an acceptable option to build on?
Link Posted: 9/28/2020 5:53:57 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By officerX:
Is the PSA M16A4 lower an acceptable option to build on?
View Quote

My opinion Yes,  No more then any other lower.  I'm swapping my current Anderson lower on my M16A4 clone with the PSA M16A4 lower when I get home.  FFL has my A2 and A4 waiting for me to pick up.

Attachment Attached File

CD
Link Posted: 9/28/2020 6:48:31 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Combat_Diver:

My opinion Yes,  No more then any other lower.  I'm swapping my current Anderson lower on my M16A4 clone with the PSA M16A4 lower when I get home.  FFL has my A2 and A4 waiting for me to pick up.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/32677/ARs_with_Tolz_jpg-1609158.JPG

CD
View Quote

Sharp duo
Link Posted: 9/29/2020 3:03:32 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Combat_Diver:
FN does produce a select fire ambi safety.  Think we ordered 5 ea and received 5 boxes of 50 ea!  Gotta love the military supply system.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/32677/IMG_6917_jpg-887012.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/32677/IMG_6920_jpg-887013.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/32677/IMG_6921_jpg-887015.JPG

CD
View Quote

@Combat_Diver email sent
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 1:12:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: officerX] [#44]
PSA's M16A4 marked stripped lower is currently in stock for $89.99 if anyone is in need.

PSA AR-15 "M16A4" STRIPPED LOWER RECEIVER
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 2:17:54 PM EDT
[#45]
What are all the possible optics that were issued?  I've been looking through the thread and I've seen an ACOG, Aimpoint, and maybe 1 or 2 other things.
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 3:31:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: StuartBoyer] [#46]
EDIt removed post PM sent.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/30/2020 8:37:29 PM EDT
[#47]
What are all the possible optics that were issued?  I've been looking through the thread and I've seen an ACOG, Aimpoint, and maybe 1 or 2 other things.
View Quote
Acog TA31s, aimpoint m68s, I'm sure some 512 eotechs found their way and my personal favorite
MARS.
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 8:40:55 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By LsuJon:
Acog TA31s, aimpoint m68s, I'm sure some 512 eotechs found their way and my personal favorite
MARS.
View Quote

Thanks.  Is there one that is considered the MOST correct?  (Seems to be the ACOG, maybe?)
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 8:51:35 PM EDT
[#49]

Thanks.  Is there one that is considered the MOST correct?  (Seems to be the ACOG, maybe?)
View Quote
Depends on your time frame and branch of service your going for. You see ACOGs the most because the Corps uses them exclusively now and had the A4s in front line service for allot longer than other branches.
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 11:42:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3ACR_Scout] [#50]
Depends on your time frame and branch of service your going for. You see ACOGs the most because the Corps uses them exclusively now and had the A4s in front line service for allot longer than other branches.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Definitely. From my time in the Army, an M68 is "correct" for an A4, because all of our ACOGs had been pushed to guys with M4s in line units, and I was carrying an A4 in our regimental headquarters in 2005. I don't recall seeing a single Army A4 with an ACOG on it personally, although I've seen them in photos from other units in Iraq.
Page / 147
M16a4 (clone) picture thread (Page 127 of 147)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top