Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
M16a4 (clone) picture thread (Page 22 of 147)
Page / 147
Link Posted: 5/1/2010 1:11:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Waiting on my OD green Armalite furniture set...will post pics once I get it installed.
Link Posted: 5/1/2010 1:23:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Lancelot:
I keep forgetting to post this. I saw it in another thread which I can't find now. A QD mount for the ACOG.

M4/M16 R-COM E-Model (Rifle Combat Optic Mount)

http://ustacticalsupply.com/images/products/display/GDI_RCME.jpg

USMC AUTHORIZED for use with issued Trijicon TA31RCO 4x ACOG. Also compatible w/ 3.5 & 5.5x ACOG and RX30 Reflex series.

Link

I couldn't remember if it was here in this thread or not. But now it is so I can find it again.

looks like the Larue RCO mount I just got, but more expensive... and not Larue
Link Posted: 5/1/2010 2:07:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Ive been here like 15 minutes and already want to spend 1K to get my A4 started.

Link Posted: 5/1/2010 3:22:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By SIG-shooter:
Ive been here like 15 minutes and already want to spend 1K to get my A4 started.  

Haha... Well in that case I hope you don't see the KISS / IDF Clone or the middy pic threads...

- Clint

Link Posted: 5/1/2010 4:17:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/1/2010 9:27:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By rogue007:
Originally Posted By Postal0311:
Originally Posted By CPT1-285TH:
Originally Posted By Joshisskinny:
I have an A2 that I'm thinking about making into an A4, but I'm worried that with the rails it will be very front heavy.  Anyone think the A4 is front heavy?

It might add alittle weight, but honestly I don't notice a difference with either the A2 handguards or KAC M5 rails installed.  The KAC rails are light.

KAC M5 RAS is about 17oz.  So your slapping over a pound to the front of the rifle.

You sure?........ it doesnt seem that heavy...................or maybe Im that strong!!!!!!

The math is a bit off.  You forgot to subtract the weight of the A2 handguards.  This would give the overall net increase in weight.
Link Posted: 5/1/2010 10:20:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Don't be silly.

First I said "about".  KAC them selves say the M5 RAS is 17 oz.  So about a pound give or take is correct.
Yes, removing the A2 hand guards is going to offset some different.  The A2 hand guards do not weight 1 Lbs, and comparatively the difference is negligible.
Not to mention that the M16A4 MWS is listed as being 1 lbs heavier then the M16A2.
7.5 (7.4 in another listing) for the M16A2, and 8.5 for the M16A4 MWS.

Slap a loaded mag in and you have a rifle that weights about the same as an M1 Garand.

Think about it, throwing on metal rail system is going to weight more then a piece of plastic and tin foil.
Link Posted: 5/2/2010 4:13:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Pg. 43, and no pictures.

Link Posted: 5/2/2010 4:58:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SD307] [#9]
Originally Posted By plinkr415:
Pg. 43, and no pictures.

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc145/dieselpowrguy85/AR-15/2lwn61s.jpg

We are discussing weight and you give a pic of an a4 with MILES and the carry handle mounted holy hell that thing must be as heavy and as off balanced as my old washing machine.

Nice
Link Posted: 5/2/2010 6:44:37 PM EDT
[#10]

Link Posted: 5/2/2010 7:29:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/3/2010 7:47:54 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/3/2010 10:20:21 AM EDT
[#13]
That's not a carry handle. Its a pre-production AFG.

I'll take a carry handle over an AFG any day.

Link Posted: 5/3/2010 10:50:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By RickyRecon:
Waiting on my OD green Armalite furniture set...will post pics once I get it installed.

CA-legal, OLL, fixed-magazine builds:

Link Posted: 5/4/2010 1:15:17 AM EDT
[#15]

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e117/BlackBalt/DSCN1052.jpg

I like that green furniture! Specs?
Link Posted: 5/4/2010 10:27:32 AM EDT
[#16]

Green Armalite A2 Furniture for $66
Link Posted: 5/4/2010 11:47:39 AM EDT
[#17]

I meant specs on the rifle.
Link Posted: 5/4/2010 1:33:25 PM EDT
[#18]

I meant specs on the rifle.

Oops, my bad.
Link Posted: 5/5/2010 12:11:16 AM EDT
[#19]
Do any of the M16A4 get to be the squad designated marksman?

I was wondering because I would like to know if any of them used multi power scopes and more of a long range theme.

I know that most are fitted with the 4x trijicon Acog....... Is that considered marksman of sorts?

If not, what scope, mount and other accessories are used?
Link Posted: 5/5/2010 12:18:13 AM EDT
[#20]
More often in the USMC Infantry the DM is just a role and not a loadout.  When I deployed my particular unit rarely used the term DM, and when we did it was a rotating position.  "OK, Your DM today, LCPL Smuckatelle is DM tomorrow", etc.

Of course other units may roll differently.
Link Posted: 5/5/2010 12:47:07 AM EDT
[#21]
More often in the USMC Infantry the DM is just a role and not a loadout.  When I deployed my particular unit rarely used the term DM, and when we did it was a rotating position.  "OK, Your DM today, LCPL Smuckatelle is DM tomorrow", etc.

Yeah, that seems to be par for the course from why my Corps buddy is telling me. :)  I know in the army, the sdm is a role and loadout for the most part.  But, SDMs in the army are expected to be able to fill that role with iron sights if needed.  AR15 magazine (the annual mag) had a great article on the SDM and "modern musketry" that went through that whole thing.
Link Posted: 5/5/2010 10:07:37 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By wally05:

Yeah, that seems to be par for the course from why my Corps buddy is telling me. :)  I know in the army, the sdm is a role and loadout for the most part.  But, SDMs in the army are expected to be able to fill that role with iron sights if needed.  AR15 magazine (the annual mag) had a great article on the SDM and "modern musketry" that went through that whole thing.

Side note:

Part of it is due to differences in USMC and Army doctrine.

The Army figured that the average soldier/infantry is only going to be shooting to 300m.  The Army DM then gets ~special~ training similar to the USMC rifle range to learn to shoot to farther ranges then gets issued a special rifle (w/ ACOG) to function as a rifleman and as a DM in 300+m distances.

The USMC figured that each individual can shoot to 500m.  So in the cases when an individual is given specialized equipment, they are to be employed like cheap auxiliary snipers.
Link Posted: 5/5/2010 11:50:22 AM EDT
[#23]
I wish  LCPL Smuckatelle  was a member of arfcom i would love to hear his DM stories. I bet he has some good ones
Link Posted: 5/5/2010 12:08:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RickyRecon] [#24]

Yep, I have always loved the look of the Armalite rifles with green furniture!

A4 (mine)
Upper is a 20" CMMG gov't profile, MPI, M4 ramps, chrome lined, park'd under the base...all that good stuff w/ FA carrier option(slightly heavier to smooth recoil).
LPK and lower is a CMMG semi-auto group, minus the standard magazine release, using a 'bullet button' mag lock on it with 10rd mag.
Stock kit was a CMMG with the stock replaced by the Armalite OD green kit(pistol grip, and handguards too).
A2 carry handle ordered with CMMG upper group.

Rifle shoots good, slightly over 1 MOA.

M4-gery (fiances gun)
Sun Devil billet lower with CMMG semi-auto parts kit minus standard magazine release, using a 'bullet-button' mag lock on it with 10rd mag.
CMMG carbine stock.
CMMG 16" upper w/ all specs of my gov't profile except it has the blue extractor insert instead of black and a semi-carrier.
Bushnell HOLOsight.
ARMS 40L rear CQB sight.

Both rifles wear BlackHawk slings.
Link Posted: 5/7/2010 6:44:54 PM EDT
[#25]
just got a bushmaster a4gery Tuesday i love it, previous owner put a rail system on the rifle so i didnt have to. i dont have any pictures yet but ill post them when i do
Link Posted: 5/10/2010 10:25:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By guitarguy774:
My Bushmaster 20", most accurate rifle I've been able to fire with irons at 100 yards.
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h134/guitarguy774/IMG_3376.jpg

nice ass group if i say so myself
Link Posted: 5/12/2010 6:47:10 PM EDT
[#27]
Argh, I was 100% dead set on buying a light weight middy soon, but after viewing this thread I might have to change my mind . Great looking rifles, guys. Keep them coming .
Link Posted: 5/12/2010 6:56:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: R0N] [#28]
Originally Posted By rogue007:
Do any of the M16A4 get to be the squad designated marksman?

I was wondering because I would like to know if any of them used multi power scopes and more of a long range theme.

I know that most are fitted with the 4x trijicon Acog....... Is that considered marksman of sorts?

If not, what scope, mount and other accessories are used?

Units get Mk12 rifles to equipped their DMs these days, we are still short of guns so often the Mk12s are left in theater to be turned over during RIP/TOA with the replacing unit.  

I have tried to get Mk12s or M39s to do pre-deployment training and was told there aren't any available to support training or sending Marine to the DM course.

Postal is spot on with his description of the doctrinal difference between the Army and Marines in why the Marine see no real need for a 7.62 gun to cover the 300-500 meter fight.
Link Posted: 5/14/2010 3:02:24 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 5/14/2010 3:08:20 PM EDT
[#30]

Where did you find a rail-mounted rocket launcher? (kidding)
Link Posted: 5/15/2010 6:20:49 PM EDT
[#31]
Well, just got back from the FUn SHow and I picked up all the parts I needed to complete my ST-15 Lower. Put the whole lower together in 20 minutes with my armorer's tool box (courtesy of Sigarms), so WD-40 and elbow grease.

These discounted "blem" lowers from ST are awesome; so what if the roll-marks are not deep enough to be colored? So what if the parkerizing is a bit off here and there? The lower matches perfectly with the furniture and the parts went in perfectly. I got done quick and function-checked the rifle and is up to snuff. Now for the fun part; the upper. I am bidding on a 20 in. govt. profile barrel FN barrel (removed from US Navy rifles after being turned into M4A1s) through Gunbroker and i am wondering if the FSB will have to be "F" height since my upper will be an A3 upper with removable carry handle and no M4 feed ramps.

I am halfway there...
Link Posted: 5/16/2010 12:05:41 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Black-Tiger:
Well, just got back from the FUn SHow and I picked up all the parts I needed to complete my ST-15 Lower. Put the whole lower together in 20 minutes with my armorer's tool box (courtesy of Sigarms), so WD-40 and elbow grease.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a362/Sablelieger/Weapons/DSC00157.jpg

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a362/Sablelieger/Weapons/DSC00158-1.jpg

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a362/Sablelieger/Weapons/DSC00159.jpg

These discounted "blem" lowers from ST are awesome; so what if the roll-marks are not deep enough to be colored? So what if the parkerizing is a bit off here and there? The lower matches perfectly with the furniture and the parts went in perfectly. I got done quick and function-checked the rifle and is up to snuff. Now for the fun part; the upper. I am bidding on a 20 in. govt. profile barrel FN barrel (removed from US Navy rifles after being turned into M4A1s) through Gunbroker and i am wondering if the FSB will have to be "F" height since my upper will be an A3 upper with removable carry handle and no M4 feed ramps.

I am halfway there...

Good start! I've been staring at my A4 all day. I managed to spend a little time with it by switching out the scratched delta ring for a new one.
Link Posted: 5/16/2010 12:35:54 AM EDT
[#33]

is that LCPL Smuckatelle's   M16A4?  
Link Posted: 5/16/2010 12:24:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bushmaster1984] [#34]
my baby...rock river lower with 2 stage trigger, BCM upper, just had her neutered .mil orders to NY

ADCO did a good job for me..still a great rifle
Link Posted: 5/16/2010 4:34:37 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 5/17/2010 7:25:26 AM EDT
[#36]

the rifle on the right is a bushmaster, the rifle on the left is an airsoft training rifle.

-Joe
Link Posted: 5/19/2010 7:51:43 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 5/19/2010 8:25:22 PM EDT
[#38]
I just got some KAC rail covers.

The ones I had were imprinted Knight's Armament, Vero Beach, Florida.

The ones I got are imprinted Knights Armament, IS002.

Any thoughts on this? Are they real or knock offs?

They may be legit. I believe that I've seen two variations of KAC VFG's.....One with text, and one with the logo on front. Maybe the IS002 is a cage code or something of that sort?
Link Posted: 5/19/2010 8:51:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ZEROTHOMAS] [#39]
Not a clone but here is what a real SI one looks like
Link Posted: 5/19/2010 8:54:48 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By ZEROTHOMAS:
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a190/ZEROTHOMAS/Mobile%20Uploads/2.jpg

SOI?
Link Posted: 5/19/2010 9:05:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Doclat] [#41]
Here is my latest project along with a friend.

LOWER:
Spikes Lower
Magpul Moe Pistol Grip
Magpul Enhanced Trigger Guard
Phase 5 Tactical Extended Bolt Release V2
A2 stock and LPK combo from M&A
FailZero AR Hammer
FailZero M16 BCG and bolt

UPPER:
Franken Upper from EE
M4 Upper w/20" Generic barrel, only markings found is 5.56
KAC RAS (EE)
KAC Forward Pistol Grip (LaRue pay it forward)
Trijicon TA31RCO-A4CP
Matec BUIS

Still need:
Sling
Carry Handle
Link Posted: 5/19/2010 9:25:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dbuckt55] [#42]
Originally Posted By Doclat:
Here is my latest project.

http://inlinethumb15.webshots.com/3022/2745452950055095550S600x600Q85.jpg

LOWER:
Spikes Lower
Magpul Moe Pistol Grip (Not Pictured)
Magpul Enhanced Trigger Guard (Not Pictured)
Phase 5 Tactical Extended Bolt Release V2 (Not Pictured)
A2 stock and LPK combo from M&A
FailZero AR Hammer
FailZero M16 BCG and bolt

UPPER:
Franken Upper from EE
M4 Upper w/20" Generic barrel, only markings found is 5.56
KAC RAS (EE)
KAC Forward Pistol Grip (LaRue pay it forward) (Not Pictured)
Troy BUIS (LaRue)

In Transit:
Matec BUIS
Trijicon TA31RCO-A4CP

Still need:
Sling
Carry Handle

I recognize that M5 ras

Link Posted: 5/19/2010 9:27:35 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 5/19/2010 11:57:58 PM EDT
[#44]
He's my first step into the AR world... Always been a bolt guy, needed to try something new.

Just the basic for now. Hoping to stumble across a good deal on a rail.

BCM carry handle
BCM 20" govt. upper
RRA NM Lower

Link Posted: 5/20/2010 12:09:40 AM EDT
[#45]

Always been curious about the different color tape.  I have seen green and red and now blue.  What do they mean?  Units? Squad level?

High Regards,
Sean
Link Posted: 5/20/2010 2:02:46 AM EDT
[#46]

What?....... no butt stock mag-pouch?............That makes it like totally not really real then. (j/k)

Lance: Knight's has produced rail covers with both of those type of inscriptions. One was from before they re-tooled back in 2002(?) (Not sure of the exact date) FWIW, I've seen Mil-Packs that have contained both styles of inscriptions on the rail covers in the same package.
Link Posted: 5/20/2010 7:49:45 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 5/20/2010 11:49:47 AM EDT
[#48]
I just got some KAC rail covers.

The ones I had were imprinted Knight's Armament, Vero Beach, Florida.

The ones I got are imprinted Knights Armament, IS002.

Any thoughts on this? Are they real or knock offs?

There are at least 3 different versions. The earliest had Knight's Armament and Vero Beach, and then just Knight's Armament, and now Knight's Armament and IS002. It is KAC's CAGE code.
Dustin
Link Posted: 5/20/2010 1:26:07 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By LongTrang:

Always been curious about the different color tape.  I have seen green and red and now blue.  What do they mean?  Units? Squad level?

High Regards,
Sean

The picture was taken back in Infantry Training Battalion, School of Infantry. The colored tape was for so you can tell which weapons belonged to what platoon. For us Blue was 1st PLT, Green was 2nd and Red was 3rd. We didnt have weapons cards or anything like that like you would in your unit because it would be less of a hassle if someone lost them so this is how we made things easier when we drew weapons out every day or when we picked our weapons from a stack.
Link Posted: 5/20/2010 6:52:33 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By LongTrang:

High Regards,
Sean

The picture was taken back in Infantry Training Battalion, School of Infantry. The colored tape was for so you can tell which weapons belonged to what platoon. For us Blue was 1st PLT, Green was 2nd and Red was 3rd. We didnt have weapons cards or anything like that like you would in your unit because it would be less of a hassle if someone lost them so this is how we made things easier when we drew weapons out every day or when we picked our weapons from a stack.

Thank you.  That makes sense.  I kinda thought so.  I saw the same thing in pictures with units in Fallujah.  Is it like a duct tape or electrical tape?  Also..I would like to say thank you for your service!  Semper Fi and keep your powder dry.

High Regards,
Sean
Page / 147
M16a4 (clone) picture thread (Page 22 of 147)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top