327 days on the Socom SB and 235 days on the NT4, this is getting ridiculous

Link Posted: 6/22/2019 2:13:47 AM EDT
[#3]
glitch
Link Posted: 6/22/2019 3:12:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/22/2019 12:46:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Has anyone had any experience with the Brownells SOCOM barrels? Debating using my BCM SOCOM upper that I’ve already got, getting a Colt, or trying a Brownells barrel for a Block 2 build.
Link Posted: 6/22/2019 12:51:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By hobgob9:
Has anyone had any experience with the Brownells SOCOM barrels? Debating using my BCM SOCOM upper that I’ve already got, getting a Colt, or trying a Brownells barrel for a Block 2 build.
View Quote
I don’t know about those specifically, but some of their barrels are made by Ballistic Avantage, FWIW.
Link Posted: 6/22/2019 6:24:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Recce_Gear:

If you sign up for an instock notification at Operation Parts you will have good luck. They are a top tier KAC dealer and get shipments frequently on a lot of the more common items.
View Quote
I thought KAC was still out of stock, maybe I confused it with Charlie's and Operational Parts.
Link Posted: 6/22/2019 7:05:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/23/2019 12:09:47 AM EDT
[#9]
New straps wop wop

Link Posted: 6/23/2019 12:32:01 AM EDT
[#10]
ok who makes them?  Swear I seen these on IG and then where not available yet
Link Posted: 6/23/2019 12:38:24 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By speedjunkie:
View Quote
The Slings? Ferro Concepts
Link Posted: 6/23/2019 12:42:15 AM EDT
[#12]
Yes thanks.  Different company.
Link Posted: 6/23/2019 1:37:36 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By speedjunkie:
View Quote
Lunar Concepts makes a similar sling, Click Here. I really like the buckle and webbing that they use for their adjustments.
Link Posted: 6/23/2019 9:41:11 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By ShaneWang:
New straps wop wop
https://i.imgur.com/ch8Bnsz.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/6KR7DSw.jpg
View Quote
I missed out on the drop. Looking good man.
Link Posted: 6/23/2019 12:02:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Guys, I have another question. In regard to muzzle devices for the Block II, I have seen several different ones used on various clones. My question is, would the SureFire 3 Prong Flash Hider - Suppressor Adapter - 1/2x28 be acceptable and fairly correct?
Link Posted: 6/23/2019 1:16:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By jrs93accord:
Guys, I have another question. In regard to muzzle devices for the Block II, I have seen several different ones used on various clones. My question is, would the SureFire 3 Prong Flash Hider - Suppressor Adapter - 1/2x28 be acceptable and fairly correct?
View Quote
Acceptable, Yes.
Correct, No.
Link Posted: 6/23/2019 2:07:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Since we’re on the topic of “clone correct” what Knights Armament rear buis is everyone using for their block 2’s?
Link Posted: 6/23/2019 2:12:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Sputnik556] [#18]
Originally Posted By Conner378:
Acceptable, Yes.
Correct, No.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Acceptable, Yes.
Correct, No.
I asked the same question awhile back, and was told that they were correct, as some units had bought them with their own funds.
Link Posted: 6/23/2019 2:52:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 6/23/2019 4:14:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By runguns:
Since we’re on the topic of “clone correct” what Knights Armament rear buis is everyone using for their block 2’s?
View Quote

Most run the 200-600 Meter Micro’s  P/N:25650
Just don’t buy one that’s USMC stamped...they are considered stolen property of the US government

MaTech’s Work too, and they’re about 1/2 or less the price.
Link Posted: 6/23/2019 5:00:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mygrainman] [#21]
I found an EO 553 SU231/PEQ in great condition locally, but dude can’t meet up till Wednesday:(. so to help me cope with the burning anticipation... I’m playing Mr. potato head with the lower today. Working on getting it closer to correctness.
Swapping out the JP adjustable(fantastic trigger by the way) for a SSA-e, trying on an Ergo Grip that I just found in the bin, ordering a UID sticker, and shopping for a CQB endplate...

.... I’m  seriously considering putting a tanadized RE on there.
What’s the deal with these.  I bought for an eventual URGI build, but I see guys putting them on their BK2 clones and I like the look. have they been seen in the wild? Since they are Colt 4 position REs with a different paint job...are they still considered clone correct regardless?
Thoughts?

ETA: I did it... hopefully once I get the rest of the different FDE shaded jewels hanging from her it’ll look a lot better. Just looks necked without Opticals. Also ordered a UID from Carolina Laser Works. I’m hoping to have it all together by this next weekend.
Link Posted: 6/24/2019 12:21:25 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By ShaneWang:
View Quote
Lucky you, I'm on day 0 for my SB. I should have my paperwork out by the end of the week hopefully.

View Quote
I have the micro 200-600 installed at the moment. I have the regular 200-600 also but decided to put it on my SBR.
Link Posted: 6/24/2019 8:01:47 AM EDT
[#23]
Obviously not an exact replica but it is mine, it shoots fantastic and I enjoy my take on a block 2.

Link Posted: 6/24/2019 10:27:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: cjwwd2] [#24]
Originally Posted By SScot:
Obviously not an exact replica but it is mine, it shoots fantastic and I enjoy my take on a block 2.
View Quote
No.

So much no that I removed the img links from my quote.
Link Posted: 6/24/2019 10:33:11 AM EDT
[#25]

https://i.imgur.com/mBLLc0D.jpghttps://i.imgur.com/hd4z1hh.jpg
View Quote
This is a clone thread, why are you posting a non-clone?
Link Posted: 6/24/2019 10:40:39 AM EDT
[#26]

View Quote
That’s a nice rifle, but it isn’t a clone so it doesn’t belong in this thread.
Link Posted: 6/24/2019 11:18:30 AM EDT
[#27]
Some clones

Link Posted: 6/24/2019 12:10:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Combat_Diver] [#28]
View Quote
Only two KAC I've seen issued are the 300m BUIS which is left over from the 95' SOPMOD Blk I or the full size 600m BUIS.  I have never seen a micro 600m.

300m
https://www.knightarmco.com/12699/shop/optic-mount-buis/folding-rear-sight-300-meter

600m, this is the one I currently have a bench stock of and issue as needed.
https://www.knightarmco.com/1958/shop/optic-mount-buis/rear-flip-sight-2

Most utilized is the Matech as it is a standard Army sight.

CD
Link Posted: 6/24/2019 12:33:32 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Combat_Diver:

Only two KAC I've seen issued are the 300m BUIS which is left over from the 95' SOPMOD Blk I or the full size 600m BUIS.  I have never seen a micro 600m.

300m
https://www.knightarmco.com/12699/shop/optic-mount-buis/folding-rear-sight-300-meter

600m, this is the one I currently have a bench stock of and issue as needed.
https://www.knightarmco.com/1958/shop/optic-mount-buis/rear-flip-sight-2

Most utilized is the Matech as it is a standard Army sight.

CD
View Quote
Yeah, I was about to type that out...micro 600 hasn't been seen really at all. It's either the 300m or 600m with full size windage drum like in ones CD linked above
Link Posted: 6/24/2019 10:01:51 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By cjwwd2:

Yeah, I was about to type that out...micro 600 hasn't been seen really at all. It's either the 300m or 600m with full size windage drum like in ones CD linked above
View Quote
Good to know, guess I'll be swapping back to the full size and putting my micro back on the SBR.
Link Posted: 6/24/2019 10:35:57 PM EDT
[#31]

View Quote
Link Posted: 6/24/2019 11:11:35 PM EDT
[#32]

View Quote
VFG Looks ok-that’s about it
Link Posted: 6/24/2019 11:40:28 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By VeganCrossfitter:
Some clones

https://i.imgur.com/50IGVvQ.jpg
View Quote
I like your style, no homo.
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 7:23:40 AM EDT
[#34]
Judging by the responses you would think I'm a troll. I'm not lol. It was inspired and built on a block two, not a replica. You guys are serious about this is see lol.
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 7:38:04 AM EDT
[#35]
Judging by the responses you would think I'm a troll. I'm not lol. It was inspired and built on a block two, not a replica. You guys are serious about this is see lol.
View Quote
@SScot

Sure are-not that you have a bad looking gun but it’s not a clone, inspired maybe but not a clone.  I was wondering about your rail though-who makes it?  And my gun is so far off from most in here I’m always hesitant to even post it!
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 8:34:09 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By dempsy1:

@SScot

Sure are-not that you have a bad looking gun but it's not a clone, inspired maybe but not a clone.  I was wondering about your rail though-who makes it?  And my gun is so far off from most in here I'm always hesitant to even post it!
View Quote
Post it lol! It is a Midwest Industries 12" (MCTAR-20XG2) and it is rock solid. I did want a DD if I am being honest. I also wanted the clone light but that thing is so weak and antiquated I went with the new scout that is stupid bright. I put it together for me after seeing all these amazing posts and wanted to play.
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 8:54:23 AM EDT
[#37]
View Quote
You should post it in the MK18 thread if you think we’re serious.
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 9:13:31 AM EDT
[#38]
View Quote
Post your Honda Civic in a Corvette group and it would be about the same
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 9:19:34 AM EDT
[#39]

Post your Honda Civic in a Corvette group and it would be about the same
View Quote
As a car guy....point taken lol
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 10:03:40 AM EDT
[#40]
Well guys, I just dropped a bunch of money on parts this morning for my Block II build. For the sake of saving some money, but still getting good quality parts, I chose not to use a Colt barrel, receivers, and BCG. I am using a new PSA M4A1 lower, an Aero Precision upper and BCG (phosphate), and BCM SOCOM barrel. The DD RIS II (FDE) has been ordered as well as many other correct parts. The KAC Micro sights are scheduled to come off backorder in August (from Brownells). I also order a UID sticker from Carolina Laser. The optic will be an EOTech 553 (FDE) that I have had for years sitting on top of another AR. I did decide to use a Surefire 3P FH and the CQD sling mounts coupled with a Vickers 2-pt. sling (Coyote) with Blue Force HK type sling hooks. I do have a Colt M16 ambi-selector (modified - center fin removed) and a Geissele SSA-E already installed in the lower. After I assemble the upper assembly, it will go off to John Thomas to have the FH pinned and welded since he does a fantastic job.
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 11:42:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ArmyPilot12] [#41]
Dvor has new Elcan SpecterDRs back on sale, $1599 for those looking for one.
I posted here as it's more appropriate than the deals thread.
https://www.dvor.com/elcan-specter-dual-role-1x-4x-optical-sight-cx5396-illuminated-crosshair-reticle-7-62mm-flat-dark-ea.html?promotion=elcan-riflescopes-61-2019-06-25
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 1:07:38 PM EDT
[#42]
Picked up a complete used M4A1 upper from AU.  Thanks to @DoctorLove for bringing these to my attention!  Mine looks a little more used than his but it's still got plenty of life left.

I got lucky and scored a Semi Auto Colt Ambi selector from AU while they were briefly in stock.  I'll snag a RIS II here pretty quick.  The real tough choice will be whether or not to hold out for a 4 prong, or just say screw it and do a 3 prong.  E-Filed the SBR paperwork on my PSA M4A1 lower today as well.  Hoping to find a Colt LPK that isn't stupid expensive.  Progress...
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 1:36:41 PM EDT
[#43]
Well guys, I just dropped a bunch of money on parts this morning for my Block II build. For the sake of saving some money, but still getting good quality parts, I chose not to use a Colt barrel, receivers, and BCG. I am using a new PSA M4A1 lower, an Aero Precision upper and BCG (phosphate), and BCM SOCOM barrel. The DD RIS II (FDE) has been ordered as well as many other correct parts. The KAC Micro sights are scheduled to come off backorder in August (from Brownells). I also order a UID sticker from Carolina Laser. The optic will be an EOTech 553 (FDE) that I have had for years sitting on top of another AR. I did decide to use a Surefire 3P FH and the CQD sling mounts coupled with a Vickers 2-pt. sling (Coyote) with Blue Force HK type sling hooks. I do have a Colt M16 ambi-selector (modified - center fin removed) and a Geissele SSA-E already installed in the lower. After I assemble the upper assembly, it will go off to John Thomas to have the FH pinned and welded since he does a fantastic job.
View Quote
@jrs93accord

The KAC micro sights wouldn't be correct.
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 2:23:26 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 2:28:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jrs93accord] [#45]
Originally Posted By Sputnik556:

@jrs93accord

View Quote
Thanks. I just checked my notes for the Block II parts list and it shows full-sized KAC front sight in black or taupe and a micro 200-600M rear sight (P/N:25650). I called Brownells and cancelled the micro front sight and ordered the full-sized M4 front sight (black).
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 2:48:13 PM EDT
[#46]
Does anyone have a block II build and a 308 surefire suppressor? Would like to see pics of it. From my reading it looks like the 308 mounts to the 556 muzzle devices. I'd like to be able to throw it on my 300blk as well as my block II.

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 2:50:13 PM EDT
[#47]
Thanks. I just checked my noted for the Block II parts list and it shows full-sized KAC front sight in black or taupe and a micro 200-600M rear sight (P/N:25650). I called Brownells and cancelled the micro front sight and ordered the full-sized M4 front sight (black).
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Sputnik556:

@jrs93accord

Thanks. I just checked my noted for the Block II parts list and it shows full-sized KAC front sight in black or taupe and a micro 200-600M rear sight (P/N:25650). I called Brownells and cancelled the micro front sight and ordered the full-sized M4 front sight (black).
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 2:54:32 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By 762hunter2:
https://i.imgur.com/VpSjlW9.jpg
View Quote

Amen.
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 3:38:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Flyit14] [#49]
Progress! Got the barrel mounted and just installed the gas block.

Anyone know what size set screws are in the DD MK12 gas block? Mine only came with one for some reason.

Link Posted: 6/25/2019 3:44:42 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By aimforthemedic:
Does anyone have a block II build and a 308 surefire suppressor? Would like to see pics of it. From my reading it looks like the 308 mounts to the 556 muzzle devices. I'd like to be able to throw it on my 300blk as well as my block II.

Thanks in advance.
View Quote
I can confirm that my SOCOM 300SPS mounts to my 5.56 SOCOM mounts. I'm at work so I don't have any pictures available right now.
Page / 908
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top