BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 912
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 7:19:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Augee] [#1]
Originally Posted By Aldo_The_Apache:
Is the MK46 Grip the correct tangodown grip?

The "correct" VFG is the BVG-ITI in tan (FDE), similar to the MK46, but with an Insight, rather than Surefire tapeswitch cutout and insert.  

~Augee
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 7:20:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cmcflex] [#2]

http://tangodown.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=26&products_id=65

That said, no one will fault you for the Mk46.

ETA: too slow
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 7:23:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Will816] [#3]

I thought it was for a long time but apparently it's not. The one with the Insight tape switch pocket is the correct one.

ETA Stupid page refresh, didn't see it got answered
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 8:19:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: rippleadder] [#4]
So I completing everything tomorrow as far as platform related I will post pics after muzzle work is done. This is getting expensive fast! I've got KAC rear and matech rear I just can't justify paying 190 for the front when I still have the xps3.0 and weapon light which I leaning toward the m6x long gun just wish it was in tan but I suppose a little airbrush work can fix that. Anyway since KAC front is a no go for right now I'm thinking FDE MI front I do I have HK style troy laying around but I'm open to options I have a HK style troy but I'm thinking of leaving it on the recce...

Edited for content.

Parts currently owned and installing pending muzzle work tomorrow.

B5 enhanced sopmod Tan with 7076 4 position which I believe is correct?
Standard trigger gaurd
A2 Pistol Grip *wiating on cav arms c9 FDE...might install BCM mod0 tan
Carbine gas system
RIS II FDE
mk12 gas block
WOA LPK  less trigger
SSA Trigger
BCM Upper
14.5 DD m4 barrel
DD Superior flash suppser * not Block II
KAC mico 600m Rear/matech rear
colt FA BCG with BCM sopmod upgrade
H buffer
noveske qa endplate
tear drop FA currently in route

Not in my stock
VFG
light/laser
XPS3.x
Front BUIS

I built my recce for a SHTF I think this is going to take it rightful place though. Can't wait to post pics and get some input
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 8:19:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for all the replies. . Give me something to consider.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 9:43:14 PM EDT
[#6]
What are the acceptable folding sights for the block II?
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 9:49:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By falconsfootball23:

From Page 1 Post 1... yes the very first post!

Front sight:
KAC flip up in tan
standard front sight base (if early Block II with M4 RAS)

Rear sight:
KAC 300m
KAC 600m
MaTech

And the Falcons suck
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 9:50:20 PM EDT
[#8]

KAC front

Match or KAC rear
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 9:57:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By rbhoover:

Front sight:
KAC flip up in tan

Rear sight:
KAC 300m
KAC 600m
MaTech

And the Falcons suck

Its the Air Force Academy Falcons, dick. Lol
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 9:58:26 PM EDT
[#10]

Front sight:
KAC flip up in tan

Rear sight:
KAC 300m
KAC 600m
MaTech

And the Falcons suck

Its the Air Force Academy Falcons, dick. Lol

Oh... they suck too
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 9:58:39 PM EDT
[#11]
If you don't get the KAC taupe front sight, you will regret it and end up selling whatever sight you did get to help finance the KAC sight. Trust me, I know
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 10:01:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Will816:
If you don't get the KAC taupe front sight, you will regret it and end up selling whatever sight you did get to help finance the KAC sight. Trust me, I know

I know I'm just waiting until one pops up. They are really hard to find.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 10:02:16 PM EDT
[#13]

Weapon outfitters had a bunch a few days ago.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 10:02:27 PM EDT
[#14]

Haha so true. I sold my Troy set to fund a KAC taupe front.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 10:04:50 PM EDT
[#15]

Which I still haven't received... I need to check on that. Thanks for the reminder!
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 10:05:05 PM EDT
[#16]

Are you serious? My luck they are all sold out of the taupe.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 10:42:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LUNCHBOX0621] [#17]
Might be putting up some Block II goodies tomorrow in the EE, to include a Taupe sight and M3X  
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 10:46:22 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By LUNCHBOX0621:
Might be putting up some Block II goodies tomorrow in the EE, to include a Taupe sight and M3X  

Any idea about what time these goodies would be showing up in the EE ?
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 10:51:55 PM EDT
[#19]

You remember my IM about the taupe sight? I hope you do you said I could have it? does that still hold true?

Link Posted: 1/21/2013 11:22:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By nf9648:
Who did I sell my Block II upper to?  Wanna sell it back?

Me....but I was buying for a friend. FWIW, I sold off my DD block 2 upper too....been kicking myself ever since
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 11:44:40 PM EDT
[#21]
I'm about to hell the with total clone right the 190 for a KAC front is just plain crazy. I know it's probably worth but it's a buis I got a handle on one but I think I'll pass till the rest is complete I personally think the XPS3 is more important than the BUIS at this point. I want one but damn it's hard to say yes when there are so many options that will work just as well or exceed the KAC. The guts are sure as hell block II as well as furniture so when do draw the line? I want to be a part of the club I don't think I can afford admission at this point.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 11:47:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Plenty of Block II's in the wild that aren't running BUIS at all... just wait on them and you will want to add them later!
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 11:59:22 PM EDT
[#23]

Plenty of Block II's in the wild that aren't running BUIS at all... just wait on them and you will want to add them later!

Yep, the BUISs are among the last parts I added to both my Block II and Mk12.  It's pretty fk'n hard to justify spending that much on parts you'll likely never hafta use.

Link Posted: 1/22/2013 12:01:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: rippleadder] [#24]

Thanks I just started dropping front sights on EE . Luckily I got the rear under control.
Link Posted: 1/22/2013 12:37:31 AM EDT
[#25]
Think I'm done

Big thanks to Ragin for the Elcan.

Link Posted: 1/22/2013 12:51:38 AM EDT
[#26]

I think I'm done.....

Could change the stock but I love my UBR and train with it.  I should change it to dark earth?

What do you think?
Link Posted: 1/22/2013 12:53:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: zemperfi1971] [#27]
Problem Posting
Link Posted: 1/22/2013 12:54:39 AM EDT
[#28]
Think I'm done

http://i1030.photobucket.com/albums/y363/TRIDENTMARINES/67F6570B-6331-49A8-8C28-1ED07A179A55-496-0000006AB2837860-1.jpg

I thought I was done one time... And then a PR happened... Now I'm back at it. And with the pending release of the CIVL from Insight? Uh oh...
Link Posted: 1/22/2013 12:55:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: zemperfi1971] [#29]
The Wife's....
Link Posted: 1/22/2013 4:49:15 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By zemperfi1971:
http://i748.photobucket.com/albums/xx126/Znzytivguy/Nightstalker_zps724a19e9.jpg

I think I'm done.....

Could change the stock but I love my UBR and train with it.  I should change it to dark earth?

What do you think?

How much does that weigh?
Link Posted: 1/22/2013 7:13:40 AM EDT
[#31]
The Wife's....
http://i748.photobucket.com/albums/xx126/Znzytivguy/Wifes_zps2c3ca4a5.jpg

Wrong pic thread.
Link Posted: 1/22/2013 8:03:49 AM EDT
[#32]
I would guess ALOT!  

Originally Posted By Conspiro-Agnew:
http://i748.photobucket.com/albums/xx126/Znzytivguy/Nightstalker_zps724a19e9.jpg

I think I'm done.....

What do you think?

How much does that weigh?

Link Posted: 1/22/2013 8:29:48 AM EDT
[#33]
The Wife's....
http://i748.photobucket.com/albums/xx126/Znzytivguy/Wifes_zps2c3ca4a5.jpg

nothing Block II about that little lady.
Link Posted: 1/22/2013 8:42:29 AM EDT
[#34]
Think I'm done

http://i1030.photobucket.com/albums/y363/TRIDENTMARINES/67F6570B-6331-49A8-8C28-1ED07A179A55-496-0000006AB2837860-1.jpg

Badass!!

What sling is that?
Link Posted: 1/22/2013 8:53:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: LUNCHBOX0621] [#35]
Originally Posted By ragincajun1919:
Think I'm done

Badass!!

What sling is that?

It's an Ares Armor Huskey Amentum Slider Sling, which is very similar to the VTAC Wide sling.

It took some practice, but i'm loving and prefer the slider on the Ares sling.

Link Posted: 1/22/2013 12:40:37 PM EDT
[#36]
CIVL green or red visible laser?
Link Posted: 1/22/2013 12:41:49 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By JRas:
CIVL green or red visible laser?

Sounds like red only.  That's fine with me.
Link Posted: 1/22/2013 5:17:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: pilatuspilot] [#38]
Originally Posted By Augee:
Originally Posted By Socomike:
Is it me, or does anyone else think a 1.5 would look good with a 12.5 inch barrel?  Obviously wouldnt be considered the SOPMOD M4A1 anymore but it would blend compactness with usability.  Just thinking out loud here.

My favorite configuration and rifle is still the "1.5" Phased Replacement carbine.  They're quite simple and handy, and my take on the perfect "KISS" rifle.  I continually and consistently try to hoard as many PR clones as possible - you know, to outfit an entire rifle squad when the zombies come.        

A 12.5" could still be a "SOPMOD M4A1" for a small sample.    

The RIS II GL/SSC was designed because one unit is/was using 12.5" barreled M4A1s - cut down M4A1 barrels, 12.5" was as short as you could go and preserve the M203 notch on the barrel and have a short barreled configuration that was compatible with the M203.  I posted a mock-up I made on pimpmygun () a while back:  

http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff502/augeekim/125.jpg

I don't think I've seen a verifiable photograph of one before, and my understanding is that they're rather rare, being more or less exclusive to one unit that has a preference for them.

As for the GPS on the buttstock / Foretrex series GPS - understand that I wouldn't call it my "primary" GPS.  The Foretrex, while an awesome little unit does not have a whole lot of features.  If you only had one type of GPS device, I would not recommend it be a Foretrex.

Personally I just hate having crap on my wrists.  I can barely wear a watch, and I'm very picky about that watch being low profile, small face, analog only, no other functions, no rubber, leather or fabric band, small face.  Actually, the best watches for me are the cheap leather band Timex's that you can get at AAFES for $6.99.  A GPS on my wrist?  Oh god, shoot me now.  

The TTP for using the buttstock pouch to me is conjunction with a PLGR or other larger GPS that spends time in a pouch.  The "hands free" GPS lets you spot check your position, gives you a "breadcrumb trail" when patrolling, sling your rifle in front of you while you're writing down a grid on a pad where you can read off all ten digits without having to check and re-check a larger GPS unit.  Basically any time you need to pull a quick grid reference on, you just glance down at the Foretrex.  Worst case scenario when you're doing a MEDEVAC, the grid is right there, your hands will be busy enough without having to pull a GPS out of a pouch or look at a PLGR, or make someone run to the truck to pull a grid off the FBCB2.    

~Augee

Decided that I was going to do this. May even do an LMT M203 for the only major stamp not in my collection. I had ADCO lop the end off of a 14.5 inch barrel. Still trying to decide if I want to put an Eotech 553 on this upper or pull my ACOG off my MK18 upper. I missed the boat on the Elcans.

I still need to get the rest of the phased replacement parts. Pretty well stuck on my SF scout light though.

ETA: Has anyone ever seen an ARMS 40L on a Block II gun?

RC
Link Posted: 1/22/2013 5:47:58 PM EDT
[#39]
Anyone got any pictures of a suppressed block1.5????
Link Posted: 1/22/2013 5:59:33 PM EDT
[#40]
look at the gun above your post.
Link Posted: 1/22/2013 6:17:13 PM EDT
[#41]
I can't wait til I'm able to play. Kinda hard on a college kid budget. But she'll be there!
Link Posted: 1/22/2013 11:34:31 PM EDT
[#42]
My work in progress...

Link Posted: 1/22/2013 11:35:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: rippleadder] [#43]
As soon as the moly resin is done baking which will be in about 52 minutes I will finally post a pic.

Pic will not include FA bolt side because supposedly I have a teardrop on the way...

As promised I'm about 75% there...

So apparently after I bought the BCM mod0 cav arms decided they would honor my purchase two weeks later for the C9 Doubt I'll change it feels good man. The teardrop is on the way so no FA right now. matech on the way and should be ordering the KAC front BUIS when funds allow but I'm prioritising the XPS-3. I flat blacked molyresind the colt carrier and damn if it's not hard as steel but soaks up every ounce of lube. Can't wait to run it.

Am I in the club yet?
Link Posted: 1/22/2013 11:35:39 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By pilatuspilot:
Originally Posted By Augee:
Originally Posted By Socomike:
Is it me, or does anyone else think a 1.5 would look good with a 12.5 inch barrel?  Obviously wouldnt be considered the SOPMOD M4A1 anymore but it would blend compactness with usability.  Just thinking out loud here.

My favorite configuration and rifle is still the "1.5" Phased Replacement carbine.  They're quite simple and handy, and my take on the perfect "KISS" rifle.  I continually and consistently try to hoard as many PR clones as possible - you know, to outfit an entire rifle squad when the zombies come.        

A 12.5" could still be a "SOPMOD M4A1" for a small sample.    

The RIS II GL/SSC was designed because one unit is/was using 12.5" barreled M4A1s - cut down M4A1 barrels, 12.5" was as short as you could go and preserve the M203 notch on the barrel and have a short barreled configuration that was compatible with the M203.  I posted a mock-up I made on pimpmygun () a while back:  

http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff502/augeekim/125.jpg

I don't think I've seen a verifiable photograph of one before, and my understanding is that they're rather rare, being more or less exclusive to one unit that has a preference for them.

As for the GPS on the buttstock / Foretrex series GPS - understand that I wouldn't call it my "primary" GPS.  The Foretrex, while an awesome little unit does not have a whole lot of features.  If you only had one type of GPS device, I would not recommend it be a Foretrex.

Personally I just hate having crap on my wrists.  I can barely wear a watch, and I'm very picky about that watch being low profile, small face, analog only, no other functions, no rubber, leather or fabric band, small face.  Actually, the best watches for me are the cheap leather band Timex's that you can get at AAFES for $6.99.  A GPS on my wrist?  Oh god, shoot me now.  

The TTP for using the buttstock pouch to me is conjunction with a PLGR or other larger GPS that spends time in a pouch.  The "hands free" GPS lets you spot check your position, gives you a "breadcrumb trail" when patrolling, sling your rifle in front of you while you're writing down a grid on a pad where you can read off all ten digits without having to check and re-check a larger GPS unit.  Basically any time you need to pull a quick grid reference on, you just glance down at the Foretrex.  Worst case scenario when you're doing a MEDEVAC, the grid is right there, your hands will be busy enough without having to pull a GPS out of a pouch or look at a PLGR, or make someone run to the truck to pull a grid off the FBCB2.    

~Augee

Decided that I was going to do this. May even do an LMT M203 for the only major stamp not in my collection. I had ADCO lop the end off of a 14.5 inch barrel. Still trying to decide if I want to put an Eotech 553 on this upper or pull my ACOG off my MK18 upper. I missed the boat on the Elcans.

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l163/pilatuspilot/M41.jpg

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l163/pilatuspilot/M42.jpg

I still need to get the rest of the phased replacement parts. Pretty well stuck on my SF scout light though.

ETA: Has anyone ever seen an ARMS 40L on a Block II gun?

RC

Fucking awesome
Link Posted: 1/22/2013 11:50:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Roadblock] [#45]
This is kinda neat!

Working QR Stickers for weapons. There from an Airsoft company BUT I mean they are stickers.

www.px-airsoft.com

Won't let me link directly but if you go here and put in part number AA-OT-064 they come up. $6.00 dollars, free shipping. I ordered my replica/airsoft PEQ-15 from here too.

Link Posted: 1/23/2013 6:44:10 AM EDT
[#46]
Does the DD RIS II FSP come with the barrel nut wrench or is that separate.... Can't get an answer from DD... Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/23/2013 7:39:57 AM EDT
[#47]

Originally Posted By XD45ACP:

Does the DD RIS II FSP come with the barrel nut wrench or is that separate.... Can't get an answer from DD... Thanks.

Separate.

Link Posted: 1/23/2013 8:13:41 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By RTUtah:

Separate.

thank you
Link Posted: 1/23/2013 8:17:25 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By RTUtah:

Separate.

I received a wrench with my rail, bought one separate thinking it wasn't included.
Link Posted: 1/23/2013 8:31:50 AM EDT
[#50]
i also received a wrench with my rail.

not sure if this ones been posted but i like it
Page / 912
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top