BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 912
Link Posted: 1/26/2013 6:48:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By cowboy:
Does anyone know what page the NF 2.5-10x24 equipped rifles were posted on?

Real or clone? I know both are out there...

I've been trying to find them too, no luck on my end though...
Link Posted: 1/26/2013 7:04:13 PM EDT
[#2]
KAC QD
Link Posted: 1/26/2013 7:26:04 PM EDT
[#3]
After lurking this thread for awhile, finally have gotten most of the parts for my clone build. Thanks to all who have posted on this thread, it helped me push to get this clone build started...

http://i1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc467/jpm804/Pistols%20and%20Rifles/DPP_0531a.jpg

Parts List:

Upper:
-DD RIS II FDE
-14.5 BCM Midlength Standard Barrel
-BCM A2X Extended Flash Hider
-BCM Gasblock and Gas Tube
-Noveske Upper Receiver
-KAC MK12/Mk18 Taupe Front Sight
-BCM Charging Handle
-Tango Down FDE VFG
-Eotech 553 Tan

Lower:
-Noveske N4 Lower Receiver
-White Oak Armament LPK
-ALG SCT Trigger
-Magpul Enchanced Trigger Guard
-Milspec Buffer Tube
-BCM Carbine Buffer and Spring
-BAD ASS Ambi Safety Selector
-Noveske QD Endplate
-LMT Tan Sopmod Stock

Still Need to get:
-KAC 200-600 Rear Sights
-Surefire Scout M300 in Tan or Insight M3 Tan
-BCG

Eventually I would like to get a Colt Lower. I was going to pick up the SOCOM II lower from Ratworx but Newtown happened, so those plans will be made when this crazyniess calms down hopefully..
Link Posted: 1/26/2013 7:30:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By jpm804:
After lurking this thread for awhile, finally have gotten most of the parts for my clone build. Thanks to all who have posted on this thread, it helped me push to get this clone build started...

http://i1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc467/jpm804/Pistols%20and%20Rifles/DPP_0531a.jpg

Parts List:

Upper:
-DD RIS II FDE
-Noveske Upper Receiver
-BCM Charging Handle
-Tango Down FDE VFG
-Eotech 553 Tan

Lower:
-White Oak Armament LPK
-ALG SCT Trigger
-Milspec Buffer Tube
-Noveske QD Endplate
-LMT Tan Sopmod Stock

Still Need to get:
-KAC 200-600 Rear Sights
-BCG

Eventually I would like to get a Colt Lower. I was going to pick up the SOCOM II lower from Ratworx but Newtown happened, so those plans will be made when this crazyniess calms down hopefully..

Wow, pretty cool to see it all laid out like that.  Very nice kit.  The only thing I don't like is the midlength barrel
Link Posted: 1/26/2013 7:32:48 PM EDT
[#5]

Parts List:

Upper:
-DD RIS II FDE
-Noveske Upper Receiver
-BCM Charging Handle
-Tango Down FDE VFG
-Eotech 553 Tan

Lower:
-White Oak Armament LPK
-ALG SCT Trigger
-Milspec Buffer Tube
-Noveske QD Endplate
-LMT Tan Sopmod Stock

Still Need to get:
-KAC 200-600 Rear Sights
-BCG

That's an amazing display of patience right there. I would be putting the pieces together as they came in. Don't think I'd be able to wait and build it all at once. Can't wait to see it all together!
Link Posted: 1/26/2013 7:35:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Awesome its like legos.......but much better
Link Posted: 1/26/2013 7:36:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Looks great jpm looking forward to seeing it together. I would also have to be assembling it piece by piece. I'm not patient at all.
Link Posted: 1/26/2013 7:57:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Aldo_The_Apache:
Looks great jpm looking forward to seeing it together. I would also have to be assembling it piece by piece. I'm not patient at all.

Thanks everyone... trust me I was tempted to start putting it all together when I got the pieces in but I have been trying to finish up another build before I got started this one.

Hopefully I have time this weekend to put at least the lower together and the upper will get built when I can figure out who can pin the flashhider for me.

I was hoping to get the BCM 14.5 socom barrel but the last time they had it, it sold out just as I was about to buy it.  I hope to maybe swap it out when it comes back in stock along with the colt lower if I can find one.
Link Posted: 1/26/2013 8:20:16 PM EDT
[#9]
When did bcm have the socom barrels last?
Link Posted: 1/26/2013 8:21:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By NapeSticksToKids:

Earlier this month...
Link Posted: 1/26/2013 8:53:31 PM EDT
[#11]

Earlier this month...

this month as in, january? fuck.
Link Posted: 1/26/2013 9:00:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jpm804] [#12]

Earlier this month...

this month as in, january? fuck.

Yea it was like Jan 2nd to be more precise... I think someone posted it in this thread which probably was the reason it sold out so quick..

Kicking myself for missing it also..
Link Posted: 1/26/2013 9:33:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Will816:

Parts List:

Upper:
-DD RIS II FDE
-Noveske Upper Receiver
-BCM Charging Handle
-Tango Down FDE VFG
-Eotech 553 Tan

Lower:
-White Oak Armament LPK
-ALG SCT Trigger
-Milspec Buffer Tube
-Noveske QD Endplate
-LMT Tan Sopmod Stock

Still Need to get:
-KAC 200-600 Rear Sights
-BCG

Wow, pretty cool to see it all laid out like that.  Very nice kit.  The only thing I don't like is the midlength barrel

It's clear that he opted for the best gas system available.
Link Posted: 1/26/2013 9:57:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By AR-Ryan21:
Originally Posted By Will816:

Parts List:

Upper:
-DD RIS II FDE
-Noveske Upper Receiver
-BCM Charging Handle
-Tango Down FDE VFG
-Eotech 553 Tan

Lower:
-White Oak Armament LPK
-ALG SCT Trigger
-Milspec Buffer Tube
-Noveske QD Endplate
-LMT Tan Sopmod Stock

Still Need to get:
-KAC 200-600 Rear Sights
-BCG

It's clear that he opted for the best gas system available.

But these are clones.  He needs an M4 barrel for an M4 clone.  So many people here pour over the details, asking "Is part x appropriate? Does anyone have any pics of them in the wild?" or "Should I use part a or part b to be more accurate?" And these same people often have midlength barrels hiding under their rails.  Now, you can probably try to hate on me since both my Block II and PR have the standard 16" 6920 barrel, but this only because I have not yet bought a suppressor and don't want to commit to the wrong flash hider and then have to destroy it.

I grudgingly own a midlength 18" barrel, only because Rainier Arms spec'd their 18" Select barrel with that instead of a rifle length system.  Everything else I own is carbine or rifle.  Why?  Because I'm a hater and my rifles with a carbine length system have never given me any reason to NOT have them.
Link Posted: 1/26/2013 10:23:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Dude. Wasn't trying to start a gas system war here. You made a comment, and I made similar comment...both of which were meant to come off as light hearted.

Carbine gas is great for 14.5" barrels, and ideal for barrels between that and 10.3". I'm not knocking it.

I just prefer mid for 14.5" and nothing is going to change that. No one has proven or shown 14.5" mid to be less reliable than 14.5" carbine, but the mid benefits are still there. Even those who claim the 14.5" mid benefits are still speculative, it still remains that both systems run every bit as good when it comes to going bang. Even in those cases, I'll take the same going bang every time with those "speculative" benefits all day.

I owned a 16" carbine and a 14.5" carbine. Both were great guns, but I no longer own either. All my 14.5's and 16's are mids now. Just my preference. To each their own.

What the mil truly uses means only so much to me when it comes to building a clone. I built my Block II pretty authentic, but used parts that I found to be amongst the best available. The mil doesn't always get the best available...that has long been known.
Link Posted: 1/26/2013 10:52:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By bending_rodriguez:
What sling/sling attachments are you guys using?

CQD Front and Rear mounts, Dieter Sling in Black.
Link Posted: 1/26/2013 11:48:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Mid-length gas system for 14.5" is money! Almost NO felt recoil. Awesome Lego pic btw. Can't wait to see the finished rifle.
Link Posted: 1/27/2013 1:06:40 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By KILO1-1:
Mid-length gas system for 14.5" is money! Almost NO felt recoil. Awesome Lego pic btw. Can't wait to see the finished rifle.

It's getting there, had some time finally to build up the lower .... Minus an out of spec front takedown pin things went smoothly

http://i1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc467/jpm804/Pistols%20and%20Rifles/DPP_0535a.jpg

Might upgrade the A2 grip since its been awhile since I used an A2 grip and prefer the afermarket grips now.
Link Posted: 1/27/2013 1:40:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: NapeSticksToKids] [#19]
Anyone have issues with the cqd mounts and or slings with HK clips? I've seen quite a few bend and break, and sling mounts (not cqd though) break after wearing down from HK clips scratching and eating away at the metal loop little by little until the weight of the weapon broke it. That's why I've never bought a sling with the hk hooks and stick to pretty chunky mounts, the cqd's look badass but are thin from what I see.
Link Posted: 1/27/2013 5:29:21 AM EDT
[#20]

Originally Posted By KILO1-1:

It's getting there, had some time finally to build up the lower .... Minus an out of spec front takedown pin things went smoothly

http://i1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc467/jpm804/Pistols%20and%20Rifles/DPP_0535a.jpg

Might upgrade the A2 grip since its been awhile since I used an A2 grip and prefer the afermarket grips now.

Nice photo and lower.

Link Posted: 1/27/2013 5:33:50 AM EDT
[#21]

Parts List:

Upper:
-DD RIS II FDE
-Noveske Upper Receiver
-BCM Charging Handle
-Tango Down FDE VFG
-Eotech 553 Tan

Lower:
-White Oak Armament LPK
-ALG SCT Trigger
-Milspec Buffer Tube
-Noveske QD Endplate
-LMT Tan Sopmod Stock

Still Need to get:
-KAC 200-600 Rear Sights
-BCG

For some reason, I find that picture to be very cool.  Congrats on getting that thing put together in this time of panic.

553 is officially on the market. http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_7_163/1110392_WTS___SOCOM_Tan_Eotech_553.html

Link Posted: 1/27/2013 9:56:49 AM EDT
[#22]

Originally Posted By USP45Tim:

Originally Posted By RTUtah:

The CAR stock is pretty damn cool; USP45Tim just sold me one for $20 (thanks buddy, we'll settle up ASAP ).  I only wish there was a good way to attach a sling-socket to it.

No problem. Did it arrive?

Yeah I got it; I thought it was gonna be more beat-up but it's in pretty good shape.  Probably gonna throw it on my little M&P 15/22.

Link Posted: 1/27/2013 5:02:58 PM EDT
[#23]

Link Posted: 1/27/2013 5:33:44 PM EDT
[#24]
Nice rifle awesome you painted th Acog but toes are not allowed in this thread
Link Posted: 1/27/2013 6:02:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By SilentMark:
I use the VCAS sling and as far as attachment points I use the IWC 45degree offset qd point and the qd point on my SOPMOD.

I'm definitely thinking I'll go with the VCAS,

but are there certain mounts that are acceptable, or can any be used?

Also what is an acceptable(for the clone) way to mount a sling with a sopmod without the qd and also NOT using an asap pate or anything else like that?
Link Posted: 1/27/2013 6:30:01 PM EDT
[#26]

Originally Posted By SilentMark:

I use the VCAS sling and as far as attachment points I use the IWC 45degree offset qd point and the qd point on my SOPMOD.

+1, identical to what I run.

Link Posted: 1/27/2013 6:33:52 PM EDT
[#27]
Picked up a SF mini that we had at work for forever and decided the Gemtech G5 was going to be mine as well.  Though its not clone kosher you can't beat getting a G5 at dealer cost.

Link Posted: 1/27/2013 7:00:30 PM EDT
[#28]
CQD front and rear. You'll love it.
Link Posted: 1/27/2013 7:09:01 PM EDT
[#29]
Thanks guys what would you recomend for the rear?  My B5 is the gen without the qd attachment.
Link Posted: 1/27/2013 7:10:09 PM EDT
[#30]
Thanks guys what would you recomend for the rear?  My B5 is the gen without the qd attachment.

CQD as well
Link Posted: 1/27/2013 7:11:14 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By sweatpants:

CQD as well

This. I just replaced 2 of my rear plates with CQD. They are great. Going to order a few more.
Link Posted: 1/27/2013 7:12:48 PM EDT
[#32]
Anyone have issues with the cqd mounts and or slings with HK clips? I've seen quite a few bend and break, and sling mounts (not cqd though) break after wearing down from HK clips scratching and eating away at the metal loop little by little until the weight of the weapon broke it. That's why I've never bought a sling with the hk hooks and stick to pretty chunky mounts, the cqd's look badass but are thin from what I see.

Link Posted: 1/27/2013 8:00:40 PM EDT
[#33]

The CQD seems pretty thick. Wearing down the paint: but not the metal.
Link Posted: 1/27/2013 8:02:24 PM EDT
[#34]

I use a HK hook on mime with no problems or signs of wear
Link Posted: 1/27/2013 8:04:07 PM EDT
[#35]
operations parts has 10 (well 9 left now ) taupe KAC front sights
Link Posted: 1/27/2013 8:06:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: hatexoc] [#36]

By the way I am really regretting selling my PR (above), I have a rifle coming in this week and I believe that it is going to end up being  really close to the one I had before.
Link Posted: 1/27/2013 8:42:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: lowonair] [#37]
There's now 6 sights left at OP!
Link Posted: 1/27/2013 8:53:16 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By ragincajun1919:

CQD as well

This. I just replaced 2 of my rear plates with CQD. They are great. Going to order a few more.

Would that be the same thing as a magpul asap plate?  I'm not a fan of that thing really.....
Link Posted: 1/27/2013 9:19:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ragincajun1919] [#39]

CQD as well

Would that be the same thing as a magpul asap plate?  I'm not a fan of that thing really.....

Link Posted: 1/27/2013 9:52:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bending_rodriguez] [#40]

CQD as well

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v217/punkrockpoet/3AFEACA4-53A5-4A24-808D-8AF1C45E8672-2968-0000033C73B1EC1F.jpg

Gotcha, I didnt realize CQD was the companies name lol.
Do those hooks come on the VCAS or are those separate?

EDIT: I think I figured out that they are separate CLASH hooks.

Anyone know where this stuff might be in stock.....bcm is out....
Link Posted: 1/27/2013 10:13:34 PM EDT
[#41]

CQD as well

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v217/punkrockpoet/3AFEACA4-53A5-4A24-808D-8AF1C45E8672-2968-0000033C73B1EC1F.jpg

Gotcha, I didnt realize CQD was the companies name lol.
Do those hooks come on the VCAS or are those separate?

EDIT: I think I figured out that they are separate CLASH hooks.

Anyone know where this stuff might be in stock.....bcm is out....

I ordered mine from CQD's website around 2 weeks ago. Arrived a few days after order.
Link Posted: 1/27/2013 11:06:02 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By lowonair:
There's now 6 sights left at OP!

3 left, my Amex is crying rape
Link Posted: 1/27/2013 11:12:13 PM EDT
[#43]
Out of stock already
Link Posted: 1/28/2013 12:03:03 AM EDT
[#44]
I had put my noveske block II upper in the ee for trade since I was getting tired of waiting for parts but I guess I'll keep it for now since I finally found a front sight. Now I just have to find an optic(still don't know which route to take) and a light. I guess since I'm off some of this week I'll finally post some pics.
Link Posted: 1/28/2013 12:44:26 AM EDT
[#45]
Spent too much time in this thread...

Now I must convert my block one clone....

Where you guys finding the ris ii in fde?

Link Posted: 1/28/2013 12:54:41 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By smb980:

Set up the email notification on BCM's website.  Looks like Midway also might have it in stock?

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/2684346686/daniel-defense-m4-ris-ii-free-float-tube-handguard-quad-rail-ar-15-rifle-length-aluminum

Got any pics of your block 1?
Link Posted: 1/28/2013 1:13:25 AM EDT
[#47]

Originally Posted By thesocialistnetwork:

Set up the email notification on BCM's website.  Looks like Midway also might have it in stock?

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/2684346686/daniel-defense-m4-ris-ii-free-float-tube-handguard-quad-rail-ar-15-rifle-length-aluminum

Got any pics of your block 1?

Thanks!

Don't have any pics of the block 1, will try to get one tommorow.
Link Posted: 1/28/2013 1:17:43 AM EDT
[#48]

You just missed it, exile machine had them in stock a couple days ago and at a pretty good price of $330.
Link Posted: 1/28/2013 1:33:40 AM EDT
[#49]
Yea, maybe try the EE for a cheaper pre-owned RIS II rail.  Brownell's has the FDE in stock, but also listed at $399.  They might have coupon codes to bring it down to $370 or so.

http://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/stock-forend-parts/forends-handguards/ar-15-m16-rail-interface-system-ii-prod42045.aspx?ttver=2

Sorry I can't be much help, haven't been deal searching lately since prices are so ridiculous.  Good luck.
Link Posted: 1/28/2013 4:07:06 AM EDT
[#50]

I love the CQD mounts I have, and they haven't given me any trouble - the CQD rear is still my sling attachment of choice.  I have never heard anyone else report problems of the CQD wearing through and failing in this manner either.  

However - considering the type of metal on metal contact with the HK hook and the sling mount - your concerns are more than valid, and I consider it more a matter of "when" than "if.    

The CQD mount gets worn down, just like any other HK hook loop, and I suppose, eventually, it will wear all the way through and fail.  I've got a couple that look pretty chewed up, wish I had better pictures of what they looked like now, these don't look terrible (top sling loop):

I have been using CQD rear mounts since 2007.  Two of them have been overseas and back.  

My oldest and worst for wear one is not on my primary weapon.  

They do not stay pretty, and once the finish gets stripped (it will), surface rust will develop.  

That being said - again, I own several, and would (will) buy more.  They are still my preferred mount of choice, I simply like the hook engagement better than the rear QD attachment, though I do use the QD for the front mount..  

The CQD mounts have held up much better than the MI retro-fit HK hook mount has - about the only thing that it has over the CQD is it is aluminum, and therefore doesn't rust.  It has worn much faster than the CQD mount.  

As with anything - expect that if you use it, it won't stay pretty.

~Augee
Page / 912
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top