Page / 912
Link Posted: 6/1/2013 12:45:57 AM EDT
[#1]
I kind of really hate the laser etching
Link Posted: 6/1/2013 1:51:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By DocBach:

Yeah, I think I would be forced to paint it.
Link Posted: 6/1/2013 2:08:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By DocBach:

As do I. I didn't realize that DD is now offering an M4A1 branded upper.

That's why I used DD custom build codes to build both of my M4A1 block II uppers and my MK18 upper.

I now am craving a custom RIS II for a 12.5" barrel to round out the collection. We need to convince DD to put out another run of that handguard.
Link Posted: 6/1/2013 2:29:18 AM EDT
[#4]
According to them, they aren't offering the upper right now, only complete guns.  (believe me, I tried, since ordering an upper doesn't involve an FFL)

Laser etching: Meh, I don't really care either way, and I figure this will ultimately be a limited run of guns and having the laser etched "M4a1" will give it credence to being a factory built "socom" gun from DD much like the Colt LE6920SOCOM.  

Might still end up painting it, though--since some of the pictures in this thread of painted, battle-worn M4s look so badass.
Link Posted: 6/1/2013 4:59:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By NapeSticksToKids:
Originally Posted By Tmender03:
So I've got the cqd mounts already, what slings work well with them?

I've always used the ms2 and my tag one point but I'm ready to move on to a 2 point.

You might like the HK hooks so it's worth a shot.

For me I hated how the HK hooks were put at an angle so I went back to the QD swivel stuff.
Link Posted: 6/1/2013 9:05:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: wootizzle] [#6]
Originally Posted By the444shooter:

<a href="http://s1128.photobucket.com/user/the444shooter/media/Snapbucket/7282D70F.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1128.photobucket.com/albums/m485/the444shooter/Snapbucket/7282D70F.jpg</a>

No, it's actually a factory gun, but only available through the distributor AcuSport from what I can gather.  I got it from grabagun.com's retail store up by DFW (didn't see it on their website)

I think that's where all the component RIS IIs are going, rather than to the custom build program through DD.

want
Link Posted: 6/1/2013 11:34:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Brunks:
Just got in my base model for my SOCOM project.

I picked up a Daniel Defense "M4a1 Socom" and it is SWEEEEET.

It's got a pinned 14.5" (plus brake for legal length) DD CHF barrel, MOE stock, MOE trigger guard, and most importantly, the FDE RIS II rail system.  

I was surprised at how maneuverable it is even with the longer rail system on it.  Comparing it to my unloaded V1 lightweight, I'd say that the "SOCOM" is actually a tad lighter, but in fairness, my V1 lightweight is wearing iron sights and a riser-mini red dot combo, so that can add slight amount of weight to skew my perception.

It's also been said that DD triggers aren't the best on a consistent basis, but what I've found to be true in this case is that mine is VERY smooth, with no grit, and minimal creep.

Now I'm just wrestling with optics for my next major investment--as I've posted in this thread, my options for Eotechs, ACOGs, and Elcans all leave me with different dents in my bank account, so I don't know which one I'll be going for just yet.  Hopefully whatever I end up with will be worthy of a picture in this thread!

Sounds awesome! Pics?

Did you get it with the FDE RIS II off of the build your own ddm4? I've been waiting forever for that specific rail to show in stock in the build your own system but hasn't been available for a while.

<a href="http://s1128.photobucket.com/user/the444shooter/media/Snapbucket/7282D70F.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1128.photobucket.com/albums/m485/the444shooter/Snapbucket/7282D70F.jpg</a>

No, it's actually a factory gun, but only available through the distributor AcuSport from what I can gather.  I got it from grabagun.com's retail store up by DFW (didn't see it on their website)

I think that's where all the component RIS IIs are going, rather than to the custom build program through DD.

Is there a place I can buy one online then? Or do you have to get them through the brick and mortar store? I went to AcuSport's web page and it looks like they only do wholesale

Link Posted: 6/1/2013 11:41:19 AM EDT
[#8]

It's got a pinned 14.5" (plus brake for legal length) DD CHF barrel, MOE stock, MOE trigger guard, and most importantly, the FDE RIS II rail system.  

I was surprised at how maneuverable it is even with the longer rail system on it.  Comparing it to my unloaded V1 lightweight, I'd say that the "SOCOM" is actually a tad lighter, but in fairness, my V1 lightweight is wearing iron sights and a riser-mini red dot combo, so that can add slight amount of weight to skew my perception.

It's also been said that DD triggers aren't the best on a consistent basis, but what I've found to be true in this case is that mine is VERY smooth, with no grit, and minimal creep.

Now I'm just wrestling with optics for my next major investment--as I've posted in this thread, my options for Eotechs, ACOGs, and Elcans all leave me with different dents in my bank account, so I don't know which one I'll be going for just yet.  Hopefully whatever I end up with will be worthy of a picture in this thread!

Sounds awesome! Pics?

Did you get it with the FDE RIS II off of the build your own ddm4? I've been waiting forever for that specific rail to show in stock in the build your own system but hasn't been available for a while.

Is there a place I can buy one online then? Or do you have to get them through the brick and mortar store? I went to AcuSport's web page and it looks like they only do wholesale

I'd like to know as well. I've got a buddy waiting for a DD build code when they actually have FDE M4A1 RIS IIs available. He'd jump all over one of these.
Link Posted: 6/1/2013 11:44:00 AM EDT
[#9]

Sounds awesome! Pics?

I've seen a few on gunbroker, and obviously Grabagun.com has the ability to get them (this was the only one in the store, so maybe they just had one and didn't want to put it online?) so you could possibly call them and see if they're going to be getting more.  I know that Champion Firearms in College Station, TX also carries a ton of Daniel Defense, so you could call them, too.

The part number on the box says "DA-08221," which might help them search (I used to work retail gun sales, and it helps immensely when you give the actual part number,) and comes from AcuSport, they'll at least have the two variables that help them search--the availability is the only unknown factor

good luck!

Link Posted: 6/1/2013 11:51:44 AM EDT
[#10]

Sounds awesome! Pics?

I've seen a few on gunbroker, and obviously Grabagun.com has the ability to get them (this was the only one in the store, so maybe they just had one and didn't want to put it online?) so you could possibly call them and see if they're going to be getting more.  I know that Champion Firearms in College Station, TX also carries a ton of Daniel Defense, so you could call them, too.

The part number on the box says "DA-08221," which might help them search (I used to work retail gun sales, and it helps immensely when you give the actual part number,) and comes from AcuSport, they'll at least have the two variables that help them search--the availability is the only unknown factor

good luck!

Does anyone else know of away to get a rifle with a FDE RIS II rail online? Other than build your own ddm4 or through gun broker? I would prefer not to buy a rifle, buy a FDE RIS II,  have to have someone instal the RIS II, and sell the other rail.

And it's funny you mention Champion Firearms. I got to Texas A&M and still have another semester over there. Can't walk in to the store now cause I'm on internship in Florida.

Link Posted: 6/1/2013 11:58:52 AM EDT
[#11]
Less talk, more pics.

Google works, BTW.
Link Posted: 6/1/2013 12:12:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By TurbineGuy:
Less talk, more pics.

Google works, BTW.

Link Posted: 6/1/2013 3:55:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By patriot_man:
So I've got the cqd mounts already, what slings work well with them?

I've always used the ms2 and my tag one point but I'm ready to move on to a 2 point.

You might like the HK hooks so it's worth a shot.

For me I hated how the HK hooks were put at an angle so I went back to the QD swivel stuff.

I'm at the point where I'm going to buy the ares, LBT, SOB, and VTAC all to try.
Link Posted: 6/1/2013 4:03:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Semi-block 2 related. If there's anyone in NH or ME looking for a WMX200, I just saw 2 used at Kittery Trading Post listed for $250. There's only 1 left as I walked out with 1 of them for $200.
Link Posted: 6/1/2013 4:47:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RadOP] [#15]
RIS II and Taupe KAC sight listed in EEs

Keeping on topic loving the PR setup even more already.
Link Posted: 6/1/2013 4:51:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By TCBA_Joe:
Semi-block 2 related. If there's anyone in NH or ME looking for a WMX200, I just saw 2 used at Kittery Trading Post listed for $250. There's only 1 left as I walked out with 1 of them for $200.

Damn!! What color and mount? I am seeking another but having a hard time with the $520 price.
Link Posted: 6/1/2013 5:05:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 6/1/2013 5:11:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By cmcflex:

Damn!! What color and mount? I am seeking another but having a hard time with the $520 price.

I don't know where you're from. If you're from the area you might be able to get hands on it. However, if you're not familiar with Kittery Trading Post they're a large outfitters with everything from running gear to camping equipment to hunting and guns. It's not something you'd be able to call them up and order over the phone.

Mine's going on an 11.5" URX middy and will be paired with a CIVL.
Link Posted: 6/1/2013 5:14:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By RadOP:

Link?
Link Posted: 6/1/2013 5:22:30 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By AggiePhil:

Link?

Check your email
Link Posted: 6/1/2013 8:36:02 PM EDT
[#21]

Originally Posted By AggiePhil:

Link?

Sorry Aggie... Beat you to the punch on the sight
Been checkin the EE constantly for a month now.

Finally scored. Thank again Rad.
Link Posted: 6/1/2013 10:50:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Rothbard] [#22]

Damn, wish I'd looked around a bit - was just there today to pick up some ammo/targets on the way to the range.

Link Posted: 6/1/2013 11:19:32 PM EDT
[#23]
I rember awhile back someone saying something about pmags don't really have anything to do with the m4a1 block II , well I just thought I would put this out there I was looking at some stuff and came across this I am sure some of you know but those that don't NSN 1005-01-5765159  magpul pmag gen m2. Thought that was interesting considering I thought marines ban them and I heard could just be here say that army talked about it but then backed out.
Link Posted: 6/1/2013 11:49:26 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Zpelk69:
I rember awhile back someone saying something about pmags don't really have anything to do with the m4a1 block II , well I just thought I would put this out there I was looking at some stuff and came across this I am sure some of you know but those that don't NSN 1005-01-5765159  magpul pmag gen m2. Thought that was interesting considering I thought marines ban them and I heard could just be here say that army talked about it but then backed out.

Marines banned them because they were incompatible with the new M-27 IAR. The new M3 is however.
Link Posted: 6/2/2013 12:01:20 AM EDT
[#25]
Are the ladders that come with the Fde RIS II actually branded Daniel Defense or do they use Ergo or Magpul ladders?

Reason I ask is because my used RIS II didn't come with them and so I ordered "Daniel Defense" tan ladders from PK Firearms. Package showed up with Ergo fde ladders and they look darker than everybody else's. My OCD will settle for nothing less than what they come from the factory with.
Link Posted: 6/2/2013 12:01:59 AM EDT
[#26]
Are the ladders that come with the Fde RIS II actually branded Daniel Defense or do they use Ergo or Magpul ladders?

Reason I ask is because my used RIS II didn't come with them and so I ordered "Daniel Defense" tan ladders from PK Firearms. Package showed up with Ergo stamped/brand fde ladders and they look darker than everybody else's. My OCD will settle for nothing less than what they come from the factory with.
Link Posted: 6/2/2013 12:07:03 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By GreenSwamperin:

Reason I ask is because my used RIS II didn't come with them and so I ordered "Daniel Defense" tan ladders from PK Firearms. Package showed up with Ergo fde ladders and they look darker than everybody else's. My OCD will settle for nothing less than what they come from the factory with.

Doesn't Ergo FDE match TD's and Magpul's?

I ask because I've custom built two factory DD block II FDE uppers, and they both shipped with FDE ladders that match my Magpul FDE ladders.
Link Posted: 6/2/2013 12:10:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: dog_dad] [#28]

Ergo = Magpul and the DD rails come with Ergo marked ladders
Link Posted: 6/2/2013 12:11:48 AM EDT
[#29]

That's what I thought.
Link Posted: 6/2/2013 12:25:22 AM EDT
[#30]
I think awhile back I showed a picture of the ladders from the RIS box vs the ladders that come with the mil tango down kit, different colors.
Link Posted: 6/2/2013 12:25:27 AM EDT
[#31]

Reason I ask is because my used RIS II didn't come with them and so I ordered "Daniel Defense" tan ladders from PK Firearms. Package showed up with Ergo stamped/brand fde ladders and they look darker than everybody else's. My OCD will settle for nothing less than what they come from the factory with.

Same thing, Magpul/Ergo etc, AFAIK they're all made by Ergo.
Link Posted: 6/2/2013 12:38:02 AM EDT
[#32]

Ten 4. Thanks for the answers. Must just be the pictures that make them look like a lighter color.

Link Posted: 6/2/2013 4:09:14 PM EDT
[#33]
Anyone know where I can find a FDE mrds mount for my Elcan?
Link Posted: 6/2/2013 4:18:17 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By SilentMark:
Anyone know where I can find a FDE mrds mount for my Elcan?

Good luck, they're discontinued. I spray painted mine with Krylon Camo Brown, and it matched fairly well.
Link Posted: 6/2/2013 4:18:55 PM EDT
[#35]
Something new...  Still working on lighting solutions.

IMG_2897 by Will816, on Flickr
Link Posted: 6/2/2013 4:25:17 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Will816:
Something new...  Still working on lighting solutions.

[email=http://www.flickr.com/photos/46381179@N04/8927932851/]http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5324/8927932851_e1301f55b8_b.jpg[/email]
IMG_2897 by Will816, on Flickr

That just looks right.
Link Posted: 6/2/2013 4:27:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NapeSticksToKids] [#37]
Left side came with the tango down mil kit, right side came with the RIS. Both are ergo, but left is coyote and right is FDE, both available from ergo's site.

Link Posted: 6/2/2013 4:42:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FloridaMan] [#38]
Nevermind
Link Posted: 6/2/2013 6:41:58 PM EDT
[#39]
Anyone have a pic of a NF 2.5x10 being used on a Block II?
Link Posted: 6/2/2013 7:13:34 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Zpelk69:

Marines banned them because they were incompatible with the new M-27 IAR. The new M3 is however.

Yea I knew that was why and not only did they come out with the m3 s but the new HK have redesigned mag well that will accept the old m2 s , the new ones also work with the scar and such too as the old ones didn't
Link Posted: 6/2/2013 7:30:11 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By barny:

There's at least one picture on page 500. I know a couple people in this thread have used them.
Link Posted: 6/2/2013 7:45:21 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By StevieJ309:

There's at least one picture on page 500. I know a couple people in this thread have used them.

I see a couple on page 500 with the CQBSS, but not the NF 2.5-10.
Link Posted: 6/2/2013 7:49:12 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By FAB-10_Guy:

Found'em thanks. Thinking of getting one, I have had a 553 on my Blk II for awhile.
Link Posted: 6/2/2013 7:54:43 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By FAB-10_Guy:

5th pic down in Ragincajun's pic dump.
Link Posted: 6/2/2013 8:25:05 PM EDT
[#45]
Would it move me in the Recce category?
Link Posted: 6/2/2013 9:04:52 PM EDT
[#46]

Yes and no. IMO, a Block II with SU230 is technically a recce...
Link Posted: 6/2/2013 9:05:57 PM EDT
[#47]
Probably. Here's a repost of a pic I took while goofing off a while back. Not sure if you were looking for the 24mm objective or the 32mm. This one is obviously the 32mm.
Link Posted: 6/2/2013 9:28:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dog_dad] [#48]

PR+M320

Link Posted: 6/2/2013 9:57:21 PM EDT
[#49]

Have Hi-Res of the last one? The mount on that Elcan has peaked my interest, I can't tell if it's FDE or Black.
Link Posted: 6/2/2013 10:14:25 PM EDT
[#50]

Somewhere I had a photo of my cousin firing a 5.45 block II, but I can't seem to find it at the moment.
Page / 912
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top