Page / 908
Link Posted: 12/7/2013 7:49:40 PM EDT
[#1]
My block ll hanging with his new big brother
Link Posted: 12/7/2013 9:24:01 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ihcnehc:
I have seen a picture of QD in the wild (on a CQBR).  I keep it in case folk saying it is not legit.    I will post it as soon as I have access to it.  

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Tmender03:

Originally Posted By M4tty:

Originally Posted By cmcflex:

Originally Posted By spectre04:

The correct one is the Mk46 w/insight pocket.  They are indeed a royal bitch to get on at first.  

There is no "Mk46" with Insight pocket.
As stated, the correct one is the BGV-ITI.
http://tangodown.com/shop/category/vertical-grips/

MK46 has NSN but ITI does not?

NSN# 1095-01-585-7959

Edit: this one is for the QD, it appears there's several TD grips listed in WEBFLIS.

Edit #2: 1005-01-D12-0686 is the best I can do right now, but doesn't show on WEBFLIS or the like.

I have seen a picture of QD in the wild (on a CQBR).  I keep it in case folk saying it is not legit.    I will post it as soon as I have access to it.  

Tangodown QD.  MARSOC I believe.

Link Posted: 12/7/2013 10:32:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Question about COLT CAR N1 stocks. Were any non-COLT stocks ever marked with the N1 markings? I found a guy here on ARFCOM who is like 20 minutes away from my house with one and he said it's "N1" marked.

I'd really like to pick one up to use when I want to go lightweight and compact like for around the house as a self defense gun and just use my LMT SOPMOD for Coyote hunting when I want a better cheek weld.
Link Posted: 12/7/2013 11:07:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dangerdan] [#4]

View Quote

The boot band gives it away as a Marine

I also see we are going back to cleaning rods attached to the gun
Link Posted: 12/7/2013 11:14:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By dangerdan:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By dangerdan:

http://i1294.photobucket.com/albums/b602/ihcnehc/2013-OCT-01%20US%20Spec%20Ops/marsoc_zpsb59bcb2e.jpg

Prolly a DARC grad... Sim training FTW.
Link Posted: 12/7/2013 11:21:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/7/2013 11:24:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Roadblock:
Question about COLT CAR N1 stocks. Were any non-COLT stocks ever marked with the N1 markings? I found a guy here on ARFCOM who is like 20 minutes away from my house with one and he said it's "N1" marked.

I'd really like to pick one up to use when I want to go lightweight and compact like for around the house as a self defense gun and just use my LMT SOPMOD for Coyote hunting when I want a better cheek weld.
View Quote

I believe only the Colt fiberlite stocks are marked N1.  I do the same with my CQBR. I keep the CAR on for messing around when I want the slim, sexy, small boobs feel. Then I'll put the LMT on for when I want to lay my cheek on bigger mammeries.

How much does he want for it? The prices can get pretty high these days in the EE. I've picked a couple nice N1's up at gun shows for $8-12 from guys that don't really know what they have.
Link Posted: 12/8/2013 12:55:23 PM EDT
[#8]

Originally Posted By AstraPat:
I believe only the Colt fiberlite stocks are marked N1.  I do the same with my CQBR. I keep the CAR on for messing around when I want the slim, sexy, small boobs feel. Then I'll put the LMT on for when I want to lay my cheek on bigger mammeries.

How much does he want for it? The prices can get pretty high these days in the EE. I've picked a couple nice N1's up at gun shows for $8-12 from guys that don't really know what they have.
View All Quotes

Where does one find a Colt fiberlite stock?

Any surplus websites sell them?
Link Posted: 12/8/2013 1:16:21 PM EDT
[#9]

View All Quotes

He has two of them. One in like new condition for $45.00 and one with a small chip in it for $35.00 dollars. Depending on how big the chip is, I might just get that one because I like the slightly worn look. Trying it up so I can go look at them tonight.

Link Posted: 12/8/2013 1:30:34 PM EDT
[#10]
I need help from my BLOCK II brothers. I tried posting this question in the optics section but I don't think I'm going to get the response I'm looking for.

I have an SU-231a (EXPS3-0TAN) and I would like to add a magnifier for hunting Coyote. I don't care if the magnifier is 100% "kosher" I just need something affordable. I can't really afford to spend $550.00+ dollars on a G33 right now.

Friend of mine has one of the newer Primary Arms 3x Gen III long eye relief magnifiers combo'ed with the taller ADM flip forward mount for small game hunting and he loves it. I tried his out and it's crystal clear and in my price range. I don't need military grade, I'm just using it for Coyote a couple times a year.

I found a real Aimpoint Twist-off Mount with the riser plate for $75.00 dollars, used. These normally run about $200.00+ with the riser add-on.

My question is... Will this mount, with the riser sit up high enough to have proper alignment with the SU-231a? The seller says it works perfectly with the SU-231 (553) but the only pictures I can find of this combo is with the EOTECH 511 and 512 and with the riser installed it appears to fit exactly at the right height for those optics. I know the SU-231 and SU-231a sit higher..?

Any info would be great.
Link Posted: 12/8/2013 1:58:42 PM EDT
[#11]
I need help from my BLOCK II brothers. I tried posting this question in the optics section but I don't think I'm going to get the response I'm looking for.

I have an SU-231a (EXPS3-0TAN) and I would like to add a magnifier for hunting Coyote. I don't care if the magnifier is 100% "kosher" I just need something affordable. I can't really afford to spend $550.00+ dollars on a G33 right now.

Friend of mine has one of the newer Primary Arms 3x Gen III long eye relief magnifiers combo'ed with the taller ADM flip forward mount for small game hunting and he loves it. I tried his out and it's crystal clear and in my price range. I don't need military grade, I'm just using it for Coyote a couple times a year.

I found a real Aimpoint Twist-off Mount with the riser plate for $75.00 dollars, used. These normally run about $200.00+ with the riser add-on.

My question is... Will this mount, with the riser sit up high enough to have proper alignment with the SU-231a? The seller says it works perfectly with the SU-231 (553) but the only pictures I can find of this combo is with the EOTECH 511 and 512 and with the riser installed it appears to fit exactly at the right height for those optics. I know the SU-231 and SU-231a sit higher..?

Any info would be great.
View Quote

While I don't have any experience with that exact set up, I have used a single magnifier behind both my 511 and my 553. Never noticed an issue. The magnification likely restricts the field of view to the point that it's narrow enough to fit through with either set up. So you're probably good to go.

On the other hand, clones and affordability rarely go hand in hand, so your only option is to get the Elcan
Link Posted: 12/8/2013 2:15:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Roadblock] [#12]

Originally Posted By Will816:

I
need help from my BLOCK II brothers. I tried posting this question in
the optics section but I don't think I'm going to get the response I'm
looking for.

I have an SU-231a (EXPS3-0TAN) and I would like to
add a magnifier for hunting Coyote. I don't care if the magnifier is
100% "kosher" I just need something affordable. I can't really afford to
spend $550.00+ dollars on a G33 right now.

Friend of mine has
one of the newer Primary Arms 3x Gen III long eye relief magnifiers
combo'ed with the taller ADM flip forward mount for small game hunting
and he loves it. I tried his out and it's crystal clear and in my price
range. I don't need military grade, I'm just using it for Coyote a
couple times a year.

I found a real Aimpoint Twist-off Mount with
the riser plate for $75.00 dollars, used. These normally run about
$200.00+ with the riser add-on.

My question is... Will this
mount, with the riser sit up high enough to have proper alignment with
the SU-231a? The seller says it works perfectly with the SU-231 (553)
but the only pictures I can find of this combo is with the EOTECH 511
and 512 and with the riser installed it appears to fit exactly at the
right height for those optics. I know the SU-231 and SU-231a sit
higher..?

Any info would be great.
View Quote

While I don't have
any experience with that exact set up, I have used a single magnifier
behind both my 511 and my 553. Never noticed an issue. The magnification
likely restricts the field of view to the point that it's narrow enough
to fit through with either set up. So you're probably good to go.

On the other hand, clones and affordability rarely go hand in hand, so your only option is to get the Elcan
View Quote

My clone is already a clone of a clone anyway so at this point I don't think it matters!
I have a factory DD upper, not a thing COLT in it. It's a full DD with the KAC taupe front sight and the KAC micro rear.
My lower is a Noveske with almost ALL DD parts. Used a DD LPK, DD stock tube and buffer. The only non DD parts are the BCM grip, KAC trigger guard and LMT Gen 1 SOPMOD.
So my clone is already screwed! I just can't see spending the money on a COLT 6920SOCOM when the DD makes better guns/uppers in my personal opinion.
Can't justify the ELCAN either! I was going to buy one but I bought a SCAR 17S instead.

Link Posted: 12/8/2013 2:36:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Well played, Roadblock.
Link Posted: 12/8/2013 4:23:02 PM EDT
[#14]

Link Posted: 12/8/2013 4:31:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By wayfaerer320:
http://img01.militaryblog.jp/usr/jjblog/mayf.jpg
View Quote

Love those .mil SOPMODs in FDE. Still hoping B5 might make that special run for us clone nerds! Can't remember if he said what color but I'll take one if they do it
Link Posted: 12/8/2013 4:49:48 PM EDT
[#16]

Love those .mil SOPMODs in FDE. Still hoping B5 might make that special run for us clone nerds! Can't remember if he said what color but I'll take one if they do it
View All Quotes

Or watch eBay for the real deal.  I just picked up a like new LMT SOPMOD Gen I in FDE for $90.
Link Posted: 12/8/2013 5:02:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cjwwd2] [#17]

View All Quotes

That one looks more coyote tan than FDE.  Rogtac has the B5 SOPMOD in coyote tan
Link Posted: 12/8/2013 5:28:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By AnthonyL:

Or watch eBay for the real deal.  I just picked up a like new LMT SOPMOD Gen I in FDE for $90.
View All Quotes

A representative from B5 contributes to this thread on occasion and he had mentioned the possibility of selling us some real ones, that's what I was talking about. I have a real one but I'd like to replace my tan FDE Gen 2 with a tan NSN model. And I don't want the LMT!
Link Posted: 12/8/2013 5:29:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Will816] [#19]

View All Quotes

DT
Link Posted: 12/8/2013 5:29:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Will816] [#20]

View All Quotes

DT
Link Posted: 12/8/2013 5:48:44 PM EDT
[#21]

View All Quotes

I sent him a message and he said

"Im fairly certain we dont have any in stock and not sure when we have another run scheduled. We will for sure produce extra when we do another govt order."
Link Posted: 12/8/2013 5:49:51 PM EDT
[#22]

View Quote

This. You beat my snipe in that auction--I didn't push too hard since I already have one. But that was a good score, congrats.
Link Posted: 12/8/2013 5:59:14 PM EDT
[#23]
Tan, FDE, black...  Don't matter when you rattle-can.
Link Posted: 12/8/2013 6:12:12 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By RTUtah:
View Quote

True, but no amount of rattle can is going to hide the QD swivel cup.
Link Posted: 12/8/2013 6:13:38 PM EDT
[#25]

View All Quotes

Don't matter to me, I just fill mine up with a QD swivel.

Link Posted: 12/8/2013 7:07:08 PM EDT
[#26]
I'm in kind of a different boat. I have a LMT Gen 1 in black with the KAC stock socket adaptor but what I would like a LMT Gen 2 with a swivel socket built right in. I've really like an LMT Gen 2 in FDE/TAN.
Link Posted: 12/8/2013 7:13:01 PM EDT
[#27]
Alright, time to submit:

Barrel is 14.5" DD Carbine Length CHF, M4 Profile
Link Posted: 12/8/2013 7:16:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DT-USA] [#28]
Stats of the above rifle are:

Aero Precision Cerakote Magpul FDE Upper/Lower
Daniel Defense RIS II
Daniel Defense M4 Profile CHF 14.5"
Surefire Muzzle Break MB556K (Pin & Welded)
Rainier Arms BCG - Nickel Boron
Rainier Arms Raptor Ambidextrous Charging Handle
Geissele SSA-E Trigger
EOTech 553 Tan
B5 Systems SOPMOD Stock
Rock River Arms LPK (minus trigger)
Spikes Tactical Buffer Tube/Spring/T2 Buffer
Insight M3X (LED)
KAC Front Taupe/KAC Rear
Link Posted: 12/8/2013 7:16:42 PM EDT
[#29]

View Quote

Bitch is shit-hot.

Link Posted: 12/8/2013 7:19:01 PM EDT
[#30]
But but, it's not a COLT! :D
Link Posted: 12/8/2013 7:19:40 PM EDT
[#31]

View All Quotes

My bad, I must be posting in the wrong place. I thought I was in the clone thread for a minute.

Reposts:

Link Posted: 12/8/2013 7:23:10 PM EDT
[#32]

My bad, I must be posting in the wrong place. I thought I was in the clone thread for a minute.

Reposts:

http://www.americanspecialops.com/images/photos/rangers/rangers-sopmod-2-hr.jpg

http://www.americanspecialops.com/images/photos/marsoc/marsoc-marine-hr.jpg
View All Quotes

Reposts:

http://www.americanspecialops.com/images/photos/rangers/rangers-sopmod-2-hr.jpg

http://www.americanspecialops.com/images/photos/marsoc/marsoc-marine-hr.jpg

Yeah yeah yeah.  But hey, you're also talk'n to one of the first guys here to use a mid-length barrel and an EXPS for their build.

Link Posted: 12/8/2013 7:23:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DT-USA] [#33]
The one on bottom is Colt.

My roommates rifle (uhh..err...hope he doesn't get pissed i posted it before it was picture ready)

Link Posted: 12/8/2013 7:26:52 PM EDT
[#34]

Bitch is shit-hot.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DT-USA:
Alright, time to submit:

http://i.imgur.com/1hTFDT7.jpg?1
http://i.imgur.com/eQoSzQc.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/nazjs6W.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/v4qSuFD.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/EzIdqf5.jpg

Bitch is shit-hot.

Thx!
Link Posted: 12/8/2013 7:46:59 PM EDT
[#35]
Yeah yeah yeah.  But hey, you're also talk'n to one of the first guys here to use a mid-length barrel and an EXPS for their build.

View Quote

You do run a tight Mk12 ship....

I don't think this has been posted before:

Link Posted: 12/8/2013 8:46:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GAshooter11] [#36]

http://sofrep.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/LZH-Pictures-40.jpg
View All Quotes

no it hasnt, only the MARSOC video version ( edit: you can see the contour cam on the Marine's helmet that was used for the video). pretty cool!

mine!
Link Posted: 12/8/2013 9:04:49 PM EDT
[#37]

View All Quotes

Where'd you find that? Any pics of the rifle with the Nightforce?
Link Posted: 12/8/2013 9:07:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sswfnhtu520] [#38]
I have a LMT Gen 1 in black with the KAC stock socket adaptor but what I would like a LMT Gen 2 with a swivel socket built right in.http://goo.gl/FD5Gqx
Link Posted: 12/8/2013 9:27:50 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By GreenSwamperin:
  Where'd you find that? Any pics of the rifle with the Nightforce?
View Quote

I just searched "marsoc site:sofrep.com" in Google.

I found this by poking around Google (different search parameters; it's probably a repost):

Link Posted: 12/8/2013 11:01:42 PM EDT
[#40]

The one on bottom is Colt.

My roommates rifle (uhh..err...hope he doesn't get pissed i posted it before it was picture ready)

http://i.imgur.com/TTd4N6G.jpg
View Quote
Oh I was just given you crap. That bitch is HOT!

I've got a clone of a clone too. I've got an almost complete Daniel Defense build. Complete DD upper other then the KAC sights and SU-231a. Lower is a Noveske with full DD lower parts including the buffer. The only non DD parts are the LMT stock, BCM grip and KAC trigger guard.

Link Posted: 12/8/2013 11:06:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Roadblock] [#41]

I'm in kind of a different boat. I have a LMT Gen 1 in black with the
KAC stock socket adaptor but what I would like a LMT Gen 2 with a swivel
socket built right in. I've really like an LMT Gen 2 in FDE/TAN

View All Quotes

I'm in kind of a different boat. I have a LMT Gen 1 in black with the
KAC stock socket adaptor but what I would like a LMT Gen 2 with a swivel
socket built right in. I've really like an LMT Gen 2 in FDE/TAN

Originally Posted By sswfnhtu520:

I have a LMT Gen 1 in black with the KAC stock socket adaptor but what I
would like a LMT Gen 2 with a swivel socket built right in.

Deja Vu! I've been cloned!

Link Posted: 12/9/2013 12:16:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: skdkses4de] [#42]
Saxyy, have you ever heard that quote "imitation is the greatest form of flattery". Just because someone wants what we use doesn't mean that they think they are us. It means that they like what we use and want to have one (or a half dozen or more....). I actually AM in a SOF unit and I actually OWN 3x clone rifles. I also understand that if I build it, it IS technically a "clone" within reason. As to why there is a 580+ page thread on the SOPMOD program and a 223+ page thread on the MK12 program, well, those two systems are extreamly modular, popular, and user friendly with many many options and variations so hell yeah there are gonna be more than a few posts and pictures of the multiple variations. Take it easy man, it's all harmless internet fun.
http://goo.gl/ATyUg1
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 12:21:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: skdkses4de] [#43]
Have fun.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 12:27:06 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By skdkses4de:
Sally, have you ever heard that quote "imitation is the greatest form of flattery". Just because someone wants what we use doesn't mean that they think they are us. It means that they like what we use and want to have one (or a half dozen or more....). I actually AM in a SOF unit and I actually OWN 3x clone rifles. I also understand that if I build it, it IS technically a "clone" within reason. As to why there is a 580+ page thread on the SOPMOD program and a 223+ page thread on the MK12 program, well, those two systems are extreamly modular, popular, and user friendly with many many options and variations so hell yeah there are gonna be more than a few posts and pictures of the multiple variations. Take it easy man, it's all harmless internet fun.
View Quote

What???

It's been my experience that someone in the SO community doesn't drop an "I'm SOF" bomb after they've only made 4 posts and joined Dec. '14.

Quit trolling.  Actually, I can't even tell if you are trolling.  Your post is rather nonsensical; it starts out as if you are trolling and then ends in another direction...
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 12:41:06 AM EDT
[#45]

Originally Posted By skdkses4de:

Saxyy, have you ever heard that quote "imitation is the greatest form of flattery". Just because someone wants what we use doesn't mean that they think they are us. It means that they like what we use and want to have one (or a half dozen or more....). I actually AM in a SOF unit and I actually OWN 3x clone rifles. I also understand that if I build it, it IS technically a "clone" within reason. As to why there is a 580+ page thread on the SOPMOD program and a 223+ page thread on the MK12 program, well, those two systems are extreamly modular, popular, and user friendly with many many options and variations so hell yeah there are gonna be more than a few posts and pictures of the multiple variations. Take it easy man, it's all harmless internet fun.

http://goo.gl/ATyUg1
View Quote

Who the hell is Saxyy and what did he post that was derogatory against clone rifles?

I have to agree with Will, I've never heard an SO guy come right out and say that. My sincerest apologies if you truly are on of those brave and selfless warriors, but that seems odd in my experience. Maybe one of our vetted SOF members can help confirm your status.

Link Posted: 12/9/2013 1:51:14 AM EDT
[#46]
Alright, time to submit:

View Quote

nice, rainier arms put that together for you?
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 2:11:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DT-USA] [#47]
Originally Posted By DirtDiver06:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DirtDiver06:
Alright, time to submit:

They assembled the upper to include the pin/weld.  Did the lower ourselves.

**EDIT:  Nice, posted 1275 (considering your Ranger scroll)
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 3:55:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: KILLERB6] [#48]

View All Quotes

Mil overruns would by definition be black as they have not supplied FDE as an issue item (per B5 themselves when this came up a few hundred pages ago)...but you could always paint it black.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 9:48:39 AM EDT
[#49]
Alright, time to submit:

View Quote

Looks awesome; we'll done, sir! You hit the trifecta
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 10:04:07 AM EDT
[#50]
But but, it's not a COLT! :D
View Quote

Or I could say "B5 and CHF is mo' betta!"

That issue items have to be defended in a clone thread is sad.
Page / 908
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top