BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 911
Link Posted: 12/12/2015 9:40:34 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm in the exact same boat with the exact same problem.  I think I'm staying with the aimpoint.

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By NapeSticksToKids:
some of you heathens probably already answered this in the clone facebook group, but i got a T-1.

part of me doesnt want to care so much about staying cloney, but i cant shake the damn bug off my shoulder. part of me is contemplating trading it for an EXPS....even with all the shit going on with eotech.

tell me im crazy and not to do it.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/12/2015 9:58:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By ankratz:

If it's not pinned, send the whole thing :)

Otherwise, paint will look good. I vote all tan
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Jibles:
I figured that's what you were getting at but due to the hassle of disassembly its just gonna get rattle canned.

With making a black rail FDE, are the T markings and other markings still able to be seen through the coat or are they all covered up?
Link Posted: 12/12/2015 9:58:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SGL_Shooter] [#3]
Glitch?

ETA: Fookin' glitch!
Link Posted: 12/12/2015 11:33:18 AM EDT
[#4]

Originally Posted By SGL_Shooter:
With making a black rail FDE, are the T markings and other markings still able to be seen through the coat or are they all covered up?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SGL_Shooter:

I figured that's what you were getting at but due to the hassle of disassembly its just gonna get rattle canned.

I would imagine they would be covered up, but with that said, you could probably take a dentist pick and pick out the paint out of the T-Markings (or are they laser engraved?) and then use some white nail polish.  

Link Posted: 12/12/2015 5:36:57 PM EDT
[#5]
After multiple years and with the arrival off my atpial-c it's finally done.

Link Posted: 12/12/2015 5:42:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By JarHead94:

I've seen NC Star and Tascos in Iraq mounted on Joe's M4 on several different occasions.....no shit.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By thebufenator:
http://i.imgur.com/NQHKSVE.gif?noredirect

But seriously, I am curious as to what will replace the various Eotech models that were standard........I know there were other seen in the wild, but they were not "standard".

I've seen NC Star and Tascos in Iraq mounted on Joe's M4 on several different occasions.....no shit.

One of my fellow NCO's had a NC Star on his M4. I was like "dude, really? We're supposed to be setting the example here".
Link Posted: 12/12/2015 5:44:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:

One of my fellow NCO's had a NC Star on his M4. I was like "dude, really? We're supposed to be setting the example here".
View All Quotes

But seriously, I am curious as to what will replace the various Eotech models that were standard........I know there were other seen in the wild, but they were not "standard".

Retarded. I'd rather run a detachable carry handle or a Matech than a fuckin NC Star POS.
Not to mention he was probably issued an ACOG.
Link Posted: 12/12/2015 5:48:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By MILSPEC556:

Retarded. I'd rather run a detachable carry handle or a Matech than a fuckin NC Star POS.
View All Quotes

No, he had a 68 but the NC Star had the same lines as an ACOG. So he just wanted to look cool but not drop the coin. Whereas me, I just said "fuck it" and dropped a grand on an optic to use during 2 1/2 deployments.
Link Posted: 12/12/2015 5:50:13 PM EDT
[#9]

No, he had a 68 but the NC Star had the same lines as an ACOG. So he just wanted to look cool but not drop the coin. Whereas me, I just said "fuck it" and dropped a grand on an optic to use during 2 1/2 deployments.
View All Quotes

That's even more retarded.
Link Posted: 12/12/2015 6:12:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: drewQ22] [#10]

View All Quotes

We can fix that rail, Sir.

;)

I've been putting off painting it cause I had plans to build a new lower for it. Well I finally ordered a stripped PSA today so depending on the weather and when it comes it may be fixed soon.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y229/akratz/ARFCOM/20151203_203808_zpscjlq3xke.jpg
How much? My rail has been sitting in a box since I traded off some stuff.

Link Posted: 12/12/2015 8:05:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By LsuJon:
After multiple years and with the arrival off my atpial-c it's finally done.

<a href="http://s1300.photobucket.com/user/Jon9243/media/EEC2C514-B7F2-48BA-9EAB-10C139199F10_zps4zlmlcwr.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag94/Jon9243/EEC2C514-B7F2-48BA-9EAB-10C139199F10_zps4zlmlcwr.jpg</a>

View Quote

Nice boomstick bro.
Link Posted: 12/12/2015 9:08:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Block II in the wild...

Link Posted: 12/12/2015 9:22:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By XMshooter10:
Block II in the wild...

<a href="http://s1095.photobucket.com/user/StevenFBuis/media/9b1a16da-7bdc-4ce9-a9b5-b96a962a6543.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i479/StevenFBuis/9b1a16da-7bdc-4ce9-a9b5-b96a962a6543.jpg</a>
<a href="http://s1095.photobucket.com/user/StevenFBuis/media/8f573bc5-2a36-4667-9290-42b5ff903863.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i479/StevenFBuis/8f573bc5-2a36-4667-9290-42b5ff903863.jpg</a>
View Quote

UBR? I don't think I have ever seen a picture of one in the wild before.
Link Posted: 12/12/2015 9:53:49 PM EDT
[#14]

Must miss being a SAW gunner as that thing with the UBR has to be heavy as fuck.  Then again, I bet the UBR helps the balance.

Link Posted: 12/12/2015 9:56:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By drewQ22:
How much? My rail has been sitting in a box since I traded off some stuff.  
View Quote

Sent you an IM
Link Posted: 12/12/2015 10:01:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ankratz] [#16]
Finished my AR10 last night....naturally it came out like a bigger Block II

Before and after Cerakote, "SOCOM Dark Earth"

Link Posted: 12/12/2015 11:55:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 12/13/2015 2:35:21 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 12/13/2015 3:51:27 AM EDT
[#19]

Awesome work! Mind sharing details on the barrel (length, contour) and overall weight of the weapon?
Link Posted: 12/13/2015 4:17:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ankratz] [#20]
I've added a couple sling adapters, etc, but as you see it in the photos 10.8 pounds empty.

-Aero Precisions M5 recievers, receiver extension, buffer spring, BCG, LPK
-Rainier Arms UltraMatch LR 16" (super heavy contour .875" at the gas block)
-SLR Sentry 8 adjustable GB
-Surefire SOCOM SF3P SR25
-Gunfighter Mod.3 CH
-Daniel Defense LITE 762
-KAC BUIS
-Geissele SSA-E
-LMT SOPMOD

Link Posted: 12/13/2015 10:53:35 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 12/13/2015 1:40:41 PM EDT
[#22]

Sweet.  That came out really good.  Looking forward to range report.
Link Posted: 12/13/2015 7:42:30 PM EDT
[#23]

I've been DYING to make a block 2-esque 762.  14.5 with a DD lite 12.0 FSP.
Link Posted: 12/14/2015 1:36:45 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Dryflyguy:
I'm in the exact same boat with the exact same problem.  I think I'm staying with the aimpoint.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Dryflyguy:

some of you heathens probably already answered this in the clone facebook group, but i got a T-1.

part of me doesnt want to care so much about staying cloney, but i cant shake the damn bug off my shoulder. part of me is contemplating trading it for an EXPS....even with all the shit going on with eotech.

i still havent decided.

part of me is willing to take a risk, that eotech will bounce back and given their current state of affairs of having no problem with buying up everyone's eotechs, i feel like they will take care of any problems that arise.

i dunno...maybe not. fuck.
Link Posted: 12/14/2015 1:40:06 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By fivepointoh:
Must miss being a SAW gunner as that thing with the UBR has to be heavy as fuck.  Then again, I bet the UBR helps the balance.  
View All Quotes

This rifle's been posted a couple of times before, and still by far one of my favorites.  

Tried out the UBR on the Block II, and it actually balances very, very nicely, and it feels much better balanced suppressed.  

Got rid of the UBR because I needed to free up some cash for some other projects, but very seriously considering picking one up again to go back to this setup, and these new photographs are nothing by positive encouragement!  

~Augee
Link Posted: 12/14/2015 2:22:08 AM EDT
[#26]

Originally Posted By Augee:
This rifle's been posted a couple of times before, and still by far one of my favorites.  

Tried out the UBR on the Block II, and it actually balances very, very nicely, and it feels much better balanced suppressed.  

Got rid of the UBR because I needed to free up some cash for some other projects, but very seriously considering picking one up again to go back to this setup, and these new photographs are nothing by positive encouragement!  

~Augee
View All Quotes

~Augee
I had a UBR at one point too...to balance out the front.  Always did like that stock.

Link Posted: 12/14/2015 9:42:07 AM EDT
[#27]
dang glitch

CD
Link Posted: 12/14/2015 9:42:43 AM EDT
[#28]
glitch bump

CD
Link Posted: 12/14/2015 1:35:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Roadblock] [#29]
DD makes 308 rails?!

Link Posted: 12/14/2015 2:06:48 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Roadblock:
DD makes 308 rails?!
View Quote

They did.  Currently OOP, and likely won't return.
Link Posted: 12/14/2015 4:43:46 PM EDT
[#31]

I had a UBR at one point too...to balance out the front.  Always did like that stock.  
View All Quotes

~Augee

First time I saw a UBR was in 2007. It was a prototype some contractor dudes from Dyn Corp had on their weapons. Those duded were beastly. They had massive muscle gain. STEROID ALL THE THINGS!
Link Posted: 12/14/2015 4:47:17 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By dangerdan:

First time I saw a UBR was in 2007. It was a prototype some contractor dudes from Dyn Corp had on their weapons. Those duded were beastly. They had massive muscle gain. STEROID ALL THE THINGS!
View All Quotes

~Augee

Ugaybro?

I've never used a UBR but it doesn't look like a stock I'd enjoy much.
Trenbolone all the things!
Link Posted: 12/14/2015 6:15:14 PM EDT
[#33]

Ugaybro?

View All Quotes

Ugaybro?

EAT CLEN TREN HARD
Link Posted: 12/14/2015 8:29:44 PM EDT
[#34]
I think I might switch out to a 2-10 optic but I'm unsure how it will look with the fsp.
20151214_142902-01 by T B, on Flickr
Link Posted: 12/14/2015 8:50:52 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 12/15/2015 7:21:44 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By coctailer:

eff dat.

Wasn't the BE on some BII rifles? PR maybe?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By secretwheelman:
Ok, so I scored a BE Meyers FH from TeamAFX.

What do I do with it?

Anyone have some inspirational pics?
There's only one thing to do, but it ain't blockII.

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c238/Lawdog734/utf-8BSU1BRzAwMjMuanBn-1.jpg

eff dat.

Wasn't the BE on some BII rifles? PR maybe?

I've never seen one on a BII, a few on PRs...oh, but back in the (BI) days...just ask MILSPEC

[and yes, I'm getting caught up...several months worth]
Link Posted: 12/15/2015 7:27:48 AM EDT
[#37]

Probably because he kept getting reported. I know I reported his ass.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By schaffer:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/LMT-Sopmod-stock-gen-2-milspec-FDE-/331717111361?hash=item4d3be16e41:g:NBoAAOSwu-BWPQU~&rmvSB=true

Looks like he ended this one too...

Probably because he kept getting reported. I know I reported his ass.

If you look at his "feedback" he has 10, 8 of which are as a buyer, one of which is unknown and one "F" as a seller...which makes his actual seller feedback 100% F.
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 1:58:35 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By CloneDiseased:
That's a nice stick. Hope to have something similar together in the near future

I'm not planning on doing anything with my EOTechs yet. I figure a failure in my units, or a mass dumping of all EOTechs by SOCOM might change my mind....but they're my chosen 10.3-14.5" clone optics for now mane.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CloneDiseased:
Originally Posted By AmericanCheese:
Naked and afraid after sending in all my EOTechs today........decisions

http://i612.photobucket.com/albums/tt202/americancheese1/24d7a342-e9fb-482d-9e6f-55ece8f546dd_zpshkwusf6p.jpg
That's a nice stick. Hope to have something similar together in the near future

I'm not planning on doing anything with my EOTechs yet. I figure a failure in my units, or a mass dumping of all EOTechs by SOCOM might change my mind....but they're my chosen 10.3-14.5" clone optics for now mane.

Oddly enough, our armorers weren't even aware of the EOTech "thing".
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 2:46:54 AM EDT
[#39]

View Quote

Keep the T-1...it's as clone correct as half the stuff you see (as in seen in the wild) and some of our guys have been issued them.

I saw a whole bunch of T-1s get ground up in KAF Retro (couldn't find enough people to take 'em) so they are "in the system".
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 3:28:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: VeryTraumatic] [#40]
How frequently are Geissele triggers seen in the wild?
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 3:30:45 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By VeryTraumatic:
View Quote

Very common.
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 4:27:38 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By VeryTraumatic:
View Quote

I've installed them on guns in Afghanistan.

SSF (select fire verison on Mk18, M4A1 URGs)
SSA (Mk11 and Mk12, semi auto verison)

CD
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 12:54:18 PM EDT
[#43]
One step closer.  Need a barrel.  bcg and charging handle are there just not installed.

Really want a non fsp rail... Contemplating having it chopped down to mk18 FSP lol

Link Posted: 12/16/2015 12:57:00 PM EDT
[#44]

Originally Posted By brodband8:

One step closer.  Need a barrel.  bcg and charging handle are there just not installed.

Really want a non fsp rail... Contemplating having it chopped down to mk18 FSP lol

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h80/BrOdBaNd_2006/3311D68B-0B54-4457-A8C7-3C747F4839C3_zpsgiy38hnl.jpg
View Quote
Don't chop the FDE rail, sell it and get a black one to cut! It's for the children!

Link Posted: 12/16/2015 12:57:46 PM EDT
[#45]
chop it....stop dilly dallying
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 7:19:44 PM EDT
[#46]
Sorry for my stupid question, but what does the RIS II better than the RIS II FSP?
Only saw a little quantity of pics of service men using a FSP RIS II?
I'm excited to read your points of fews and replies.
Thanks in advance.
Greetings,
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 9:07:12 PM EDT
[#47]
I see a lot of elcans without any buis behind them.  Is this a common practice in the military?  Also, what is the point then of having a front buis but no rear buis?
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 9:39:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MILSPEC556] [#48]
Originally Posted By Spectre186:
I see a lot of elcans without any buis behind them.  Is this a common practice in the military?  Also, what is the point then of having a front buis but no rear buis?
View Quote

Yeah it is pretty common. The Elcan has BUIS on the top even though they're sort of shitty, I'd say they're even worse than the buis that were on my TA01NSN. But, a lot of SOCOM members rock a Docter up top of the Elcan, which makes the need for BUIS, almost non existant.

As for the actual BUIS, guys don't run a rear sight so they can get optimal eye relief on the Elcan by moving it rearward, and they leave the 99051 attached simply because they would be in a world of shit if they lost a $200 issued front sight.

Seriously though, at close distances they wouldn't even need a rear sight. I don't know if you've ever practiced close range contact drills with a front sight and no rear like I have, but at close range you don't even need a rear sight.
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 10:51:58 PM EDT
[#49]

Yeah it is pretty common. The Elcan has BUIS on the top even though they're sort of shitty, I'd say they're even worse than the buis that were on my TA01NSN. But, a lot of SOCOM members rock a Docter up top of the Elcan, which makes the need for BUIS, almost non existant.

As for the actual BUIS, guys don't run a rear sight so they can get optimal eye relief on the Elcan by moving it rearward, and they leave the 99051 attached simply because they would be in a world of shit if they lost a $200 issued front sight.

Seriously though, at close distances they wouldn't even need a rear sight. I don't know if you've ever practiced close range contact drills with a front sight and no rear like I have, but at close range you don't even need a rear sight.
View All Quotes

The BUIS on elcans are there for a reason, they are rain sights.  If your docter gets wet right on the projector for the dot, its difficult to use.
Link Posted: 12/17/2015 12:54:33 AM EDT
[#50]

The BUIS on elcans are there for a reason, they are rain sights.  If your docter gets wet right on the projector for the dot, its difficult to use.
View All Quotes

I don't remember saying they weren't.
Page / 911
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top