Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 911
Link Posted: 8/15/2016 6:05:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By t_stone:
I've been trying to find some of these forever. Would you mind pointing me in the right direction? I would certainly appreciate it.
View Quote
d
some of what?
Link Posted: 8/15/2016 9:47:55 PM EDT
[#2]
glitch
Link Posted: 8/15/2016 10:00:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sf3pox1] [#3]
Ditch the Glitch 2016
Link Posted: 8/15/2016 10:18:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By sf3pox1:
Ditch the Glitch 2016
View Quote

Let's make the M4A1 thread great again.
Link Posted: 8/15/2016 10:28:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By AaronL15:
Has a Aimpoint Comp M4 been spotted in the wild or would it be acceptable? Anyone got some photos if so?
View Quote

No photos but totally legit.

I would in fact trade my EXPS for a Comp M4 but don't want to win the Blue Falcon of the week award.
Link Posted: 8/15/2016 10:29:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By drewQ22:
I did mine with a broken hand and ruptured tendon in my thumb. It really isn't that bad.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By drewQ22:
Originally Posted By brodband8:
Originally Posted By SilkyJohnson:
Originally Posted By japsw20:
I love FSP rails but installing one is like dragging your nuts through broken glass.

Oh, it's not that bad.

Yeah I did it one handed after my wrist surgery lol.
I did mine with a broken hand and ruptured tendon in my thumb. It really isn't that bad.  

How many times are you going to...just kidding, brother, just kidding.
Link Posted: 8/17/2016 4:05:14 AM EDT
[#7]

Intresting
Link Posted: 8/17/2016 5:15:47 AM EDT
[#8]
. Would you all trade a tan exps 3 for a ta01nsn acog? already have another exps so I'm thinking hard of making the trade. This optic would go onto my ris ii upper.
Link Posted: 8/17/2016 5:29:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By mbarnes:
http://i67.tinypic.com/2u8uh6d.jpg
Intresting
View Quote

Imod and Sfmb says Air Force. Could be wrong.
Link Posted: 8/17/2016 10:36:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Sleepym4:
. Would you all trade a tan exps 3 for a ta01nsn acog? already have another exps so I'm thinking hard of making the trade. This optic would go onto my ris ii upper.
View Quote

I would say yes, the exps 3 goes for less than 500 on ebay/EE and those TA01NSN's are easily 850.  Worse case, you sell the NSN and go back to an eotech.  

I have both, and prefer the acog as most of my shooting is 100 yds plus.  I rarely get to have any CQ fun.

The TA01 is a nice optic, I prefer it over my old TA31RCO as that fiber lit chevron didn't work for me.
Link Posted: 8/17/2016 10:37:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: carmodyh] [#11]
Intresting
View Quote

I would agree USAF. The PJs next door at bagram when I was there in 2015 were rocking M4s with old DBAL-A2s... interesting they didn't have PEQ-15s, or at least I thought it was. Then again, between the airforce SPs or Security Forces or whatever you call them and the PJs, they always had weird equipment, at least compared to army counter parts...

pretty cool. Actually have an extra RMR that I was going to throw on an ADM lower 1/3 mount and see how it does. probably the lightest reflex optic combo you could go with.  I remember seeing a pic in the MK18 thread with a MRDS with a magnifier as well.

Thanks for posting
Link Posted: 8/17/2016 1:35:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By carmodyh:

I would agree USAF. The PJs next door at bagram when I was there in 2015 were rocking M4s with old DBAL-A2s... interesting they didn't have PEQ-15s, or at least I thought it was. Then again, between the airforce SPs or Security Forces or whatever you call them and the PJs, they always had weird equipment, at least compared to army counter parts...
View All Quotes
Intresting

The DBAL A2 is the AN/PEQ-15A.  My current issued M4 has one, not bad but I dislike the separate control switches, arms lever, and push button is too small IMO to be useful.
Link Posted: 8/17/2016 2:40:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Cross post from IG and Facebook, Got it where I like it as well as having all the essentials for an HD rifle, now I just need to rezero the optic, and swap the buffer for an H2 and start focusing on the Block 1.
Link Posted: 8/17/2016 3:22:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Sleepym4:
View Quote

If the ta01nsn is in good condition I would do it.  If you don't, let me know who has it as I would trade as long as the acog is in good condition.
Link Posted: 8/17/2016 4:55:02 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm sure this has been covered, but too many pages in this thread

What are most of you doing for optics with the whole EOTech return bandwagon? Are you guys seeing T1 Aimpoints in the wild? I have a close family member that is issued SOPMOD gear and he says he hasn't seen any T1's floating about yet. Still trusting his EOTech till the unit decides what to switch out to. That's tells me they do have intentions to ditch the EXPS3 and 553 though.
Link Posted: 8/17/2016 5:26:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cjwwd2] [#16]
Originally Posted By alpha0815:

What are most of you doing for optics with the whole EOTech return bandwagon? Are you guys seeing T1 Aimpoints in the wild? I have a close family member that is issued SOPMOD gear and he says he hasn't seen any T1's floating about yet. Still trusting his EOTech till the unit decides what to switch out to. That's tells me they do have intentions to ditch the EXPS3 and 553 though.
View Quote

From CD in the MK18 thread:

"EoTech paid SOCOM $26 mil for non disclosures on shifting recticles over large temp changes Oct 15. SOCOM is no longer buying EoTechs and looking for a replacement. However, all units still have them and haven't been told to turn them in yet. "
Link Posted: 8/17/2016 7:19:13 PM EDT
[#17]

View Quote

T1.
Link Posted: 8/17/2016 7:23:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Steinhatchee] [#18]

View Quote

These are not my pics it have been posted among others in this thread already

These were from Combatdiver I believe

Link Posted: 8/17/2016 7:31:12 PM EDT
[#19]

I have a RIS II problem... Two are black.
Link Posted: 8/17/2016 9:20:34 PM EDT
[#20]
Proof not everyone is a gun guy:

Link Posted: 8/18/2016 12:33:04 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By mikols:

https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8271/28438785383_5fdce9442c_b_d.jpg
View Quote

See, I told you.
Link Posted: 8/18/2016 8:11:29 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By mikols:

https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8271/28438785383_5fdce9442c_b_d.jpg
View Quote

It still co-witnesses right?
Link Posted: 8/18/2016 11:02:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SaurusX] [#23]
I finally sent my upper parts to ADCO for finishing. The standard pin/weld on the muzzle and then pinning the gas block. I know the mil doesn't pin gas blocks, but you can't really go wrong with it. The FSB is pinned after all.

I also took the lazy man's route and just decided to have them assemble the entire upper. I just want to see this thing done and I don't know when I'd get to it otherwise.

I'll post pics once it's done, so hopefully very soon. Very exciting!
Link Posted: 8/18/2016 11:26:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: thehun06] [#24]
Here is my contribution to the Block II cause:

Colt SOCOM 14.5" Upper with Surefire 215A (4 prong)
Colt BCG
Colt TearDrop Forward Assist
Colt M4 Carbine Lower
DD RIS II M4A1 FDE
TangoDown FDE VFG
KAC M4 Front Sight and 200-600 Rear Sight
KAC Ambi Safety
NORGON Ambi Mag Catch
Aero Ambi CH
Magpul MIAD FDE
Magpul CTR FDE

EOTech EXPS3-2 TAN to finish it off.

I think the only rifle I would ever take for this thing is a SCAR 16...I love it. Prefer it over my LWRC.

Link Posted: 8/18/2016 9:27:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By thehun06:
Here is my contribution to the Block II cause:

Colt SOCOM 14.5" Upper with Surefire 215A (4 prong)
Colt BCG
Colt TearDrop Forward Assist
Colt M4 Carbine Lower
DD RIS II M4A1 FDE
TangoDown FDE VFG
KAC M4 Front Sight and 200-600 Rear Sight
KAC Ambi Safety
NORGON Ambi Mag Catch
Aero Ambi CH
Magpul MIAD FDE
Magpul CTR FDE

EOTech EXPS3-2 TAN to finish it off.

I think the only rifle I would ever take for this thing is a SCAR 16...I love it. Prefer it over my LWRC.

http://i.imgur.com/jFbjreX.jpg
View Quote

Looks strangely familiar
Link Posted: 8/18/2016 10:50:41 PM EDT
[#26]
Unfortunately I've met more computer geeks than I have gun guys in the army. But seriously how did the bravos on his team let him do that?
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 1:06:28 AM EDT
[#27]
HAHA...its your previous rifle...very happy with it.
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 1:06:59 AM EDT
[#28]
It should...its your old rifle :)
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 7:16:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: CloneDiseased] [#29]

Originally Posted By Mb121:
The DBAL A2 is the AN/PEQ-15A.  My current issued M4 has one, not bad but I dislike the separate control switches, arms lever, and push button is too small IMO to be useful.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Mb121:

Intresting

I shot at night for the first time using a friends DBAL and agree with this ^

....I'd fumble around trying to find the button. Obviously setting things up with a pressure switch would make a difference, but the PEQ-15 format just seems like a better design.

Link Posted: 8/19/2016 11:10:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Combat_Diver] [#30]
Had to rebarrel two M4A1 14.5" DD RIS II FSB guns today.  Pulled two SOCOM bbls off and replaced them with one SOCOM and one Govt profile bbl on as that's what we had.  New barrel, bolt and gas tube on each gun.  Had to retime the flash hinders (FH556RC 1/2-28's) of course.  I hate doing those FSB rails, pain my fourth point of performance!

Some older photos of these guns.

CD
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 12:01:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ECPrevatte] [#31]
CD:

Do they request specifically say, "I want a government profile barrel" or are they asking for them to just be lighter and that's what you put from that request?

Link Posted: 8/19/2016 12:50:24 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By ECPrevatte:
CD:

Do they request specifically say, "I want a government profile barrel" or are they asking for them to just be lighter and that's what you put from that request?

View Quote

I had no 14.5" FSB barrels in Iraq, called down to Kuwait and told them to send two 14.5" FSB barrels.  Thats what I got that night on the bird.

CD
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 1:04:04 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Combat_Diver:

I had no 14.5" FSB barrels in Iraq, called down to Kuwait and told them to send two 14.5" FSB barrels.  Thats what I got that night on the bird.

CD
View All Quotes
CD:

CD

So just choose which guy you like the least and give him the heavy one hehe.
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 3:59:24 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By TinyCrumb:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TinyCrumb:
CD:

CD

Not by me but workout somewhat that way.  

CD
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 9:23:58 PM EDT
[#35]
If one would find a brand new Insight M3X-700-A35 kit....how much would it be worth?
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 9:38:13 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 9:51:52 PM EDT
[#37]
Really^^^^??
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 10:10:59 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 10:12:05 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 8/20/2016 1:50:19 AM EDT
[#40]
If one would find a brand new Insight M3X-700-A35 kit....how much would it be worth?
View Quote

If it's the Incan model, around 200. LED Model around 250. You can find good condition used ones for cheap nowadays.
Link Posted: 8/20/2016 9:00:25 AM EDT
[#41]
CD,

How common are the angled foregrips in the field? Ever heard any opinions from those that have run them in combat vs a VFG?

Please feel free to PM so as not to clutter the pic thread if you like.

Thanks,
-VA
Link Posted: 8/20/2016 9:43:16 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Virginia_Shooter:
CD,

How common are the angled foregrips in the field? Ever heard any opinions from those that have run them in combat vs a VFG?

Thanks,
-VA
View Quote

There's enough of them in use so they are common.  Personal preference as I haven't seen SOCOM issue them .  Would also depend on which school/shooting/training course they've attended.

CD
Link Posted: 8/20/2016 9:49:53 AM EDT
[#43]

There's enough of them in use so they are common.  Personal preference as I haven't seen SOCOM issue them .  Would also depend on which school/shooting/training course they've attended.

CD
View All Quotes
CD,

Thanks,
-VA

CD

Interesting. I didn't realize they were commonly in use.

Thanks for the reply!
Link Posted: 8/20/2016 10:42:37 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By byou79:

If it's the Incan model, around 200. LED Model around 250. You can find good condition used ones for cheap nowadays.
View All Quotes

Yeah it is the LED variant that comes with the dual pressure switch, IR filter and such.
Link Posted: 8/20/2016 12:12:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: blkrmycs] [#45]
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Daniel-Defense-RIS-II-FDE-Rail-Mint-/291849019406?hash=item43f38ea00e:g:FfwAAOSw0UdXtOrk          Can't you almost buy a complete upper for this price?
Link Posted: 8/20/2016 12:18:42 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By blkrmycs:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Daniel-Defense-RIS-II-FDE-Rail-Mint-/291849019406?hash=item43f38ea00e:g:FfwAAOSw0UdXtOrk          Can't you almost buy a complete upper for this price?
View Quote

Well I should be able to ask 1160. for mines since it'll come with the barrel nut
Link Posted: 8/20/2016 12:37:51 PM EDT
[#47]

Yeah it is the LED variant that comes with the dual pressure switch, IR filter and such.
View All Quotes

Did you get a good deal on this?  I've been looking for an LED one and never can find them.  I'd even take the LED bezel to put on my incan.
Link Posted: 8/20/2016 1:07:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: thehun06] [#48]
Originally Posted By SilentMark:

Did you get a good deal on this?  I've been looking for an LED one and never can find them.  I'd even take the LED bezel to put on my incan.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SilentMark:

Way....I am afraid to post the price in case I decide to sell it....but yes one heck of a deal. Its like comparing buying a car for $1000 dollars but you turn around and sell it for $5000 because that is what its worth. It really completes and increases the value of my Block II rifle now (sans the optic...my eyes cant run EOtech so I am running a Mepro TRUDOT RDS).
Link Posted: 8/20/2016 3:25:45 PM EDT
[#49]
If you decide to sell, let me know please.

Thanks,
Mark
Link Posted: 8/20/2016 3:31:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: slayer_75] [#50]

CD,

Thanks,

-VA
View Quote
When I was in, our arms room had tons of them...all you had to do was hand receipt it from the arms room and throw it on your gun. They were very common in Ranger Regiment.

Page / 911
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top