BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 911
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 2:49:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Combat_Diver] [#1]
@kwill

Non FSP DD RIS II are provide by SOCOM ie issued as serial numbered complete uppers.  The FSP versions were purchased with unit funds and installed by unit 91Fs onto existing M4A1s as far as I understand.

CD
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 2:50:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Combat_Diver] [#2]
Glitch bump @HD2006

Took this picture in Oct 16 downrange

CD
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 2:50:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Combat_Diver] [#3]
Glitch bump

CD
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 3:35:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AR_Marv:

Nice looking rifle! I'm thinking of doing an ACOG for my block II FSP build. Is that a TA31ECOS? Have those been discontinued? I don't see many places selling them. Also reviewing the partslist on page 1 I don't see the ACOG listed as an optic that came on a block II. Was it a carryover from block 1/1.5? Thanks
View Quote
Thanks for the complement.  Looks like your other questons were answered.  Yes its the ta31ecos.
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 2:34:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Brownells has the M4A1 socom on sale.

M4A1 socom upper on sale
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 3:13:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By lonewolfgun:
Brownells has the M4A1 socom on sale.

M4A1 socom upper on sale
View Quote
To bad it's sixteen.
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 4:21:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By prskiller:

To bad it's sixteen.
View Quote
and its midlength gas!
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 7:51:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ckopp636] [#8]
Originally Posted By iMONOob11:
and its midlength gas!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By iMONOob11:
Originally Posted By prskiller:

To bad it's sixteen.
and its midlength gas!
That rail is still hard to come by so if your looking for that rail, you can get that upper and then sell what you dont want. In my case, I sold everything except the RIS II assembly and came out pretty decent

The FSP RIS II rails are getting easier to find and pretty reasonable
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 2:10:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Took my block 2 fsp out for the first time yesterday. Put about 120 rounds through it. Decently happy with it. Only did a rough 25 yard zero. Had to crank my buis way to the right to zero it. Threw on my eotech from my mk18, that was also the first rounds on it and had to crank it to the right to zero it. Elevation didn’t need touched on the eotech. My rear buis is about maxed out to the right. Is there anything I can do about it? Would you guys care or just live with it? Also what buffer weight do you guys use? I have a G Super 42 spring and I wasn’t getting consistent bolt locking open on the last round with an H2 so I dropped down to an H1. Here’s some pics. Last one shows the rear sight.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 2:16:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Is your front sight base canted? That can be a common issue causing rear sight adjustment issues.
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 2:20:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AR_Marv] [#11]
Originally Posted By TigerHawk:
Is your front sight base canted? That can be a common issue causing rear sight adjustment issues.
View Quote
That's what I'm guessing is the problem. It's a brand new colt SOCOM 14.5" barrel. How would check to see if it is? Is there any way to fix it?
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 2:46:40 PM EDT
[#12]
That's what I'm guessing is the problem. It's a brand new colt SOCOM 14.5" barrel. How would check to see if it is? Is there any way to fix it?
View All Quotes
Were you the one who was asking about the canted rail a little while ago?
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 2:59:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By pezboytate:
View All Quotes
Yeah that's him.

Marv, id leave it be. Since I think you already got it pinned/welded, it not worth trying to send the bbl in to Colt for a replacement. If no pin/weld, i'd try to get it exchanged. What I would do is snag an ACOG or Elcan for it, and forget the thing even has BUIS.
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 3:01:51 PM EDT
[#14]

View Quote
Yeah after I swapped out the dd barrel with the colt the cutout on the bottom of the rail for the m203 wasn’t even. I took it apart and was ready to rerun the barrel to brownells but after I got it apart I couldn’t see anything wrong. The fsp looked like it was lined up perfectly with the index pin on the barrel extension. So I put it back together and payed really close attention to it and was able to get the gaps equal. I figured somehow I didnt get the rail on right the first time. I figured after the fsb is drilled to the barrel it’ll always go back on the same way. I attached a pic of what it looked like after the reinstall.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 3:06:12 PM EDT
[#15]

Yeah after I swapped out the dd barrel with the colt the cutout on the bottom of the rail for the m203 wasn’t even. I took it apart and was ready to rerun the barrel to brownells but after I got it apart I couldn’t see anything wrong. The fsp looked like it was lined up perfectly with the index pin on the barrel extension. So I put it back together and payed really close attention to it and was able to get the gaps equal. I figured somehow I didnt get the rail on right the first time. I figured after the fsb is drilled to the barrel it’ll always go back on the same way. I attached a pic of what it looked like after the reinstall.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/465788/B61BDCC9-4FF5-4309-A859-06703033241F-450918.JPG
View Quote
That and the sights proove that the FSB is canted. As long as you can zero your BUIS, you should be good.
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 4:03:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AR_Marv] [#16]
Originally Posted By MILSPEC556:

Yeah that's him.

Marv, id leave it be. Since I think you already got it pinned/welded, it not worth trying to send the bbl in to Colt for a replacement. If no pin/weld, i'd try to get it exchanged. What I would do is snag an ACOG or Elcan for it, and forget the thing even has BUIS.
View Quote

That and the sights proove that the FSB is canted. As long as you can zero your BUIS, you should be good.
View Quote
Ok thanks guys for the input. Yeah got it back from Adco last week. I figured since I could zero it would be ok. I just wanted to make sure there was nothing I could do about it. Just kinda torques me off. I also figure if things ever get real bad and I'm down to BUIS I doubt I'll be dialing in windage

Yeah Milspec the plan is an ACOG with maybe an RMR on top. Then I should hopefully never need the BUIS
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 4:33:31 PM EDT
[#17]

Yeah Milspec the plan is an ACOG with maybe an RMR on top. Then I should hopefully never need the BUIS
View Quote
Yeah, get the Ecos like mine you were asking me about...  I absolutely love it...
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 4:59:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Ok thanks guys for the input. Yeah got it back from Adco last week. I figured since I could zero it would be ok. I just wanted to make sure there was nothing I could do about it. Just kinda torques me off. I also figure if things ever get real bad and I'm down to BUIS I doubt I'll be dialing in windage

View All Quotes

Yeah that's him.

I like the way you think.....

Mine-

Link Posted: 2/13/2018 9:51:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: iMONOob11] [#19]
How is the Geissele ACH, does it prevent gas blowback as good as the PRI, what are the pros/cons of each.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 11:10:14 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By HD2006:
How common were/are the actual SU-237s?  I haven't seen many pictures of those.  The TA01NSNs and M150/RCOM4s do seem to be pretty common as they are widely issued.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By HD2006:
Originally Posted By Conner378:

Nice looking rifle! I'm thinking of doing an ACOG for my block II FSP build. Is that a TA31ECOS? Have those been discontinued? I don't see many places selling them. Also reviewing the partslist on page 1 I don't see the ACOG listed as an optic that came on a block II. Was it a carryover from block 1/1.5? Thanks
The acog was so common for mil, there are pics of ta01nsn's and ta31's also.
How common were/are the actual SU-237s?  I haven't seen many pictures of those.  The TA01NSNs and M150/RCOM4s do seem to be pretty common as they are widely issued.
Can't speak for any Block II use, but my company has a large amount of SU237s w/o the MRDS (they break) on standard M4A1s. We also have TA01NSN as well as the RCOs. This is just a standard light infantry company.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 12:29:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AR_Marv] [#21]
Originally Posted By Jlgil73:

Yeah, get the Ecos like mine you were asking me about...  I absolutely love it...
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Jlgil73:

I like the way you think.....

Mine-

https://i.imgur.com/NBt3E5x.jpg
Thanks for the encouragement and helping me make poor financial decisions
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 2:17:00 PM EDT
[#22]
Block 2.5?

Link Posted: 2/14/2018 2:56:24 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 5:14:38 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By 762hunter2:
Block 2.5?

https://i.imgur.com/APGv32I.jpg
View Quote
Someone was asking about Vortex Razor in the wild.  Isn't this one in the wild?
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 5:24:24 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By imdBman:
View All Quotes
Block 2.5?

Yes and it even belongs to a member here. Doesn't post much though.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 5:51:16 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By StevieJ309:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By StevieJ309:
Block 2.5?

Are you talking about @Stukas87 ?

I thought he ran a VCOG when he was in
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 6:35:31 PM EDT
[#27]

Are you talking about @Stukas87 ?

I thought he ran a VCOG when he was in
View Quote
No, this one belongs to a different member.
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 3:16:19 AM EDT
[#28]

View Quote
Vortex razors in the wild you say,
Here are some:
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 1:57:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 5:25:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 762hunter2] [#30]
Does anyone know what rear sight is in this picture? I'm almost finished cloning this rifle and just need a couple more pieces. It's definitely not a Matech. I currently have a KAC micro on as it's my favorite sight that would fit the profile. Might be a KAC non micro or even an mbus

Link Posted: 2/16/2018 5:44:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NickOTime] [#31]
Hey guys havent posted here in a while but since we are doing Razor love fest.  Here is a repost:

Probably wont be back for a while, y'all make my wallet too light.
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 6:00:14 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 9:02:52 PM EDT
[#33]
Does anyone know what rear sight is in this picture? I'm almost finished cloning this rifle and just need a couple more pieces. It's definitely not a Matech. I currently have a KAC micro on as it's my favorite sight that would fit the profile. Might be a KAC non micro or even an mbus

https://i.imgur.com/rxl4qJH.jpg
View Quote
Ummm....black?
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 9:21:47 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:
Ummm....black?
View All Quotes

Ummm....black?
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 9:34:04 PM EDT
[#35]
New paint. It was long overdue.

Link Posted: 2/16/2018 10:33:41 PM EDT
[#36]
https://i.imgur.com/QJQSwBJ.jpg
View All Quotes

Ummm....black?
https://i.imgur.com/QJQSwBJ.jpg
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 11:40:27 PM EDT
[#37]
Some FSP love.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/17/2018 9:07:36 AM EDT
[#38]
Related to gov’t profile barrels in non FSP guns,, I’m assuming those were all Colt? Or did DD ever supply barrels as well?
Link Posted: 2/17/2018 4:49:24 PM EDT
[#39]

Ummm....black?
View Quote
Ha I figured as much. KAC micros haven't been seen on Army Block 2's though correct? So more than likely it'd be the larger KAC sight?
Link Posted: 2/17/2018 5:00:36 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 2/17/2018 5:14:15 PM EDT
[#41]
Ha I figured as much. KAC micros haven't been seen on Army Block 2's though correct? So more than likely it'd be the larger KAC sight?
View All Quotes

Ummm....black?
He looks like a Ranger so it's likely a full-size KAC.
Link Posted: 2/17/2018 9:07:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cmdexe] [#42]
Been following this thread since I've been a member here on arfcom, so since around the time this thread was started in 2011. I think this thread is the reason I became a member of arfcom.  I thought I'd throw in a pic of my build MARSOC block 2 build so far, still need a peq, light, and a can. Threw in what I paid for each component of the build as well to give you an idea of an overall parts list and cost.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/17/2018 9:20:03 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By JonnyMoses:
Been following this thread since I've been a member here on arfcom, so since around the time this thread was started in 2011. I think this thread is the reason I became a member of arfcom.  I thought I'd throw in a pic of my build MARSOC block 2 build so far, still need a peq, light, and a can. Threw in what I paid for each component of the build as well to give you an idea of an overall parts list and cost.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/265309/mysopmodblock2build-455438.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/265309/Screen_Shot_2018-02-17_at_5-455434.JPG
View Quote
Good gawd. Perfection.

Almost makes me want to send you my 99051. Almost.
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 12:58:54 AM EDT
[#44]

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/265309/Screen_Shot_2018-02-17_at_5-455434.JPG
View Quote
damn, you got a nice deal on that Elcan
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 1:19:05 AM EDT
[#45]
Attachment Attached File

This was a big inspiration for my build. Wondering if I should throw a docter on it or keep it with the mrds.
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 1:24:13 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By drago6:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By drago6:

I picked up another, like new in the box Su230 Kerif Govt Overrun with Docter mount for $1700 trade value end of last year as well which I thought was a good deal too. They're nice optics, clear glass, but pretty heavy and they have terrible customer support through Raytheon and Armament Technology.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 2:09:03 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 12:55:29 AM EDT
[#48]
Oh how I miss you, you sexy ass whore.

I really need to stop getting rid of badass stuff.

Link Posted: 2/20/2018 5:25:49 PM EDT
[#49]
How do I clone that bullet button?

I keed!
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 12:50:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 762hunter2] [#50]
Well I'm here

Surefire M600U and Magpul AFG come in Friday!

And I'm going for

Just need a KAC 2-6 big knob, Geissele SSA, a surefire FH, and a surefire RC

Clone parts never cease to be expensive
Page / 911
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top