Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 908
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 6:45:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AK47_COMMBLOC:
where can a fella find the buis set that fits on top of the su-230? both of mine are missing them. actually one has just the front buis. did anyone here take theirs off and put them in a spare parts bin? a quick search online didnt show any available.

also on the mrds that sits on top mine have the mounts for them. where can i go to learn what all optics fit and which one do you guys prefer for block II? like which ones are correct and which ones work the best. all i know is doctor and xoptyk or something like that so far. thanks.

View Quote

https://armament.com/back-up-iron-sights-for-specterdr/
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 6:45:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Glitch bump
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 6:45:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Glitch bump
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 8:34:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Attachment Attached File

repost, replacing shot out barrels
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 8:41:46 AM EDT
[#5]

Did the fsp and non fsp version both use socom profiles pretty much exclusively or were there normal profiles mixed in as well?
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 8:53:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By UndrGrndPrdcts:

Did the fsp and non fsp version both use socom profiles pretty much exclusively or were there normal profiles mixed in as well?
View Quote

FSP were almost all SOCOM barrels as this current barrel for Block 1s when URGs were adopted.  Crane supplied 14.5" Govt profile with the FSB removed and dimpled for the gas block set screws for the non FSP URGs.  Wouldn't be till the end of service that SOCOM 14.5 without FSB started showing up for replacements.  Then change was in for URGIs.
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 9:30:28 PM EDT
[#7]
where can a fella find the buis set that fits on top of the su-230? both of mine are missing them. actually one has just the front buis. did anyone here take theirs off and put them in a spare parts bin? a quick search online didnt show any available.

also on the mrds that sits on top mine have the mounts for them. where can i go to learn what all optics fit and which one do you guys prefer for block II? like which ones are correct and which ones work the best. all i know is doctor and xoptyk or something like that so far. thanks.

View Quote

Wetworx has some on sale this weekend.

Link Posted: 5/18/2024 12:24:32 AM EDT
[#8]

View Quote
Allot of the rain sights (the buis on the elcans), especially on the su230s broke off and stripped the threading in the housing. i would make sure yours are still there before wasting your money on another set. Additionally there are 2 different types of rain sights.

The MRDS plate uses the Docter footprint. Only Insight MRDS and Docter II were used with the su230 and in limited capacity the aimpoint T1/T2 (which requires a different mounting plate).
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 2:19:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By teamjawbox:

Wetworx has some on sale this weekend.

View Quote

nice! mine arrive monday looks like. when i buy those from wetworx it says screws not included. thanks for the heads up ill try to round up some screws first then. might have something that threads in there and looks okay. if canada used metric sizes on these or if us govt had them ordered to inch pattern thread sizes i have no idea. sounds like another hunt just to get the mounting screws.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 2:30:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Combat_Diver:

FSP were almost all SOCOM barrels as this current barrel for Block 1s when URGs were adopted.  Crane supplied 14.5" Govt profile with the FSB removed and dimpled for the gas block set screws for the non FSP URGs.  Wouldn't be till the end of service that SOCOM 14.5 without FSB started showing up for replacements.  Then change was in for URGIs.
View Quote

what optic and bolt on accessories for this exact configuration you mentioned here...Crane supplied 14.5" Govt profile with the FSB removed and dimpled for the gas block set screws for the non FSP URG.

id like to clone that just to have another variant. ive been wondering if they ever had a lightweight m4a1 ris II non fsp. got any pics of what it should look like when im done building it? the idea of having another variant of block II m4a1 with all lighter weight stuff makes it kinda useful to build one more. if i ever run out of block IIs to build. thanks.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 6:34:00 AM EDT
[#11]
You can use a Colt lower but as noted never 100%.  I use PSA M4A1 lowers on mine.  Marking are correct in script and SN "W" prefix.  Hopefully SBRs are ruled unconstitutional.
View Quote

Thanks CD.  I have a non FSP using a spikes lower I SBR’d during Obama and have a hard time getting past the fighting dicks. Think that one will get married to my 300 BO and I’ll get one.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 7:54:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Combat_Diver] [#12]

what optic and bolt on accessories for this exact configuration you mentioned here...Crane supplied 14.5" Govt profile with the FSB removed and dimpled for the gas block set screws for the non FSP URG.

id like to clone that just to have another variant. ive been wondering if they ever had a lightweight m4a1 ris II non fsp. got any pics of what it should look like when im done building it? the idea of having another variant of block II m4a1 with all lighter weight stuff makes it kinda useful to build one more. if i ever run out of block IIs to build. thanks.
View Quote

Nothing says you have to add anything other than a set of BUIS's on it for lightweight.  All depends on the role of the gun for accessories.  For lightweight red dot consider the T1/T2 or for optic the ACOG TA01NSN.  For lightest stock, Colt N1 CAR stock.

Link Posted: 5/18/2024 9:07:50 AM EDT
[#13]
nice! t2 seems small on m4a1 even if lighter barrel. im thinking m4s since i have a spare surplus ready. sounds neat.

are there any pics that can be found of fn m4 or m4a1 lowers on block II uppers in service? i dont know if you guys are aware yet but collectors are starting to notice that fn is selling their enhanced collector series m4 as stripped lowers now with safe semi auto and old fn stick letter logo. they even have the uid label on right hand side. they have cage below address like they even tried. wish colt would do the same.

pricing is perfect at 144.95 each and 2 places had much cheaper sale on them last few days until sold out. i heard somewhere online that they are sort of correct for block II due to swapping in field/armory is that true?  sounds legit.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 11:32:22 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By AGR1279:

Thanks CD.  I have a non FSP using a spikes lower I SBR’d during Obama and have a hard time getting past the fighting dicks. Think that one will get married to my 300 BO and I’ll get one.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AGR1279:
You can use a Colt lower but as noted never 100%.  I use PSA M4A1 lowers on mine.  Marking are correct in script and SN "W" prefix.  Hopefully SBRs are ruled unconstitutional.

Link Posted: 5/18/2024 11:38:30 AM EDT
[#15]
nice! t2 seems small on m4a1 even if lighter barrel. im thinking m4s since i have a spare surplus ready. sounds neat.

are there any pics that can be found of fn m4 or m4a1 lowers on block II uppers in service? i dont know if you guys are aware yet but collectors are starting to notice that fn is selling their enhanced collector series m4 as stripped lowers now with safe semi auto and old fn stick letter logo. they even have the uid label on right hand side. they have cage below address like they even tried. wish colt would do the same.

pricing is perfect at 144.95 each and 2 places had much cheaper sale on them last few days until sold out. i heard somewhere online that they are sort of correct for block II due to swapping in field/armory is that true?  sounds legit.
View Quote

Maybe on the MARSOC side of the house.  For SF and SEALs which I normally see they are a rarity.  Reason being SF and SEALs got their M4A1s when only Colt had the contract.  MARSOC came along later when FN was providing those guns.  There are FN M4/M4A1 in SF Groups as replacements but nowhere near the numbers of Colt.  Majority of the FN I see in Groups will have a "Y" prefix or 7 digit number.
Link Posted: 5/20/2024 5:17:35 PM EDT
[#16]
hey guys. i just received my m4a1 block II optics today. pair of su-230s. that tacswap website you helped me find to aquire these is pretty wild west. heres the message i fired off after receiving my $2500.00 box just now...

luke. both scopes arrived today with chips in glass big enough to obstruct view. scope with taped number 3 on top has a major block of view obstructing the reticle and would make for a wall hanger or airsoft toy to give to a child. scope marked number 2 is not near as bad but this is not how optics and scopes work in the gun community. they were both listed as glass is fine and pics did not show this. just to be clear the glass needs replaced on both units. what happened here?

so what would you guys do? am i in for a treat here given the circumstances? paid with goods and services. address is in new york city and seller verified his ebay so im guessing hes just not a gun guy?

his listing and spread sheet he sent me says glass is fine and pics didnt show the gigantic chip out of rear glass on the cute brown hd variant. or all the smaller chips on front of other. one of which is in top left of view just above reticle on both 1x and 4x. that brown one though wow. its ruined until glass is replaced as far as being used as a rifle scope as the bottom of reticle is blocked.

funny thing is he charged me 1300 on the ruined one and 1200 on the better one. that kind of gives me pause. am i giving this seller too much credit?

Link Posted: 5/20/2024 6:09:24 PM EDT
[#17]
If he said they were fine and the pics back it up, go scorched earth. Hopefully he'll refund you. PP isn't keen on firearm parts, but if you can word it well enough that it doesn't seem like gun parts, they might get the money back for you. I once looked at some that were damn near destroyed and I asked Armament about repairing them and they said they could. They got sold out from under me while I was doing the research so I don't know what it would have cost. Might be an option if he pays for the repairs.
Link Posted: 5/21/2024 2:09:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AK47_COMMBLOC] [#18]
the more i look at these 2 the more i cant help but wonder if both got hit by a roadside bomb. what else would put 5 small chips in front glass and none in rear glass plus a busted red dot mount?

the other has a giant bruised chip at rear glass but fine on front glass. i dont think 50 cal brass would do all that to dome shaped multi coated lenses or would it? glass looks pretty tough, not like its prone to chipping if say a burst of hot heavy brass casings hit it or normal soldier tossing but what do i know.

the one with 5 small chips at front and none at rear got me thinking that. both kinda seem like reticle is just barely crooked so not really sure if mounts got warped and twisted or not somehow.

are these like su-231 eotechs where you run the lottery risk of sending them back for repairs and eotech just keeps them and says sorry these are stolen govt property? these are both su-230 marked. its got me kinda freaked out hunting down more as im thinking these got plucked out of the trash where they belonged. i see alot of them with same serial number range hitting the market right now with same missing back up irons and torn off cables. same batch of serials.

im not one to just give up but man am i spooked now. ive got all the parts inbound or already here to start building all the variants of m4a1 block 2. the su-230 was the real prize for me. its like what the collection centered around. without it im just rocking an m4s on a lightweight navy refurb variant of some sort and modern vcog or razor if ever down the road and im talking eventually if i score the optics.

i had an m4a1 and mk18 block 2 pegged for su-230 use with a spread sheet for all the parts finishing up. only thing left to do now is try the new battery versions and hope someone can actually come thru with a single su-230 thats not roadside bombed and trash canned. seller still claims ''glass is fine''  without asking for pics and says i can ship these 2 back to new york city in morning on my dime. i took him up on the offer immediately.
Link Posted: 5/21/2024 4:47:42 AM EDT
[#19]
the more i look at these 2 the more i cant help but wonder if both got hit by a roadside bomb. what else would put 5 small chips in front glass and none in rear glass plus a busted red dot mount?

the other has a giant bruised chip at rear glass but fine on front glass. i dont think 50 cal brass would do all that to dome shaped multi coated lenses or would it? glass looks pretty tough, not like its prone to chipping if say a burst of hot heavy brass casings hit it or normal soldier tossing but what do i know.

the one with 5 small chips at front and none at rear got me thinking that. both kinda seem like reticle is just barely crooked so not really sure if mounts got warped and twisted or not somehow.

are these like su-231 eotechs where you run the lottery risk of sending them back for repairs and eotech just keeps them and says sorry these are stolen govt property? these are both su-230 marked. its got me kinda freaked out hunting down more as im thinking these got plucked out of the trash where they belonged. i see alot of them with same serial number range hitting the market right now with same missing back up irons and torn off cables. same batch of serials.

im not one to just give up but man am i spooked now. ive got all the parts inbound or already here to start building all the variants of m4a1 block 2. the su-230 was the real prize for me. its like what the collection centered around. without it im just rocking an m4s on a lightweight navy refurb variant of some sort and modern vcog or razor if ever down the road and im talking eventually if i score the optics.

i had an m4a1 and mk18 block 2 pegged for su-230 use with a spread sheet for all the parts finishing up. only thing left to do now is try the new battery versions and hope someone can actually come thru with a single su-230 thats not roadside bombed and trash canned. seller still claims ''glass is fine''  without asking for pics and says i can ship these 2 back to new york city in morning on my dime. i took him up on the offer immediately.
View Quote

Can you post pics please?
Link Posted: 5/21/2024 5:03:08 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By brodband8:

Can you post pics please?
View Quote

i can send you pics via email if you really want to post them. last i tried pics here it wasnt as easy as just posting to ak forum etc. just let me know what you need pics of ill take care of it.
Link Posted: 5/21/2024 9:00:03 PM EDT
[#21]
hey guys. i just received my m4a1 block II optics today. pair of su-230s. that tacswap website you helped me find to aquire these is pretty wild west. heres the message i fired off after receiving my $2500.00 box just now...

luke. both scopes arrived today with chips in glass big enough to obstruct view. scope with taped number 3 on top has a major block of view obstructing the reticle and would make for a wall hanger or airsoft toy to give to a child. scope marked number 2 is not near as bad but this is not how optics and scopes work in the gun community. they were both listed as glass is fine and pics did not show this. just to be clear the glass needs replaced on both units. what happened here?

so what would you guys do? am i in for a treat here given the circumstances? paid with goods and services. address is in new york city and seller verified his ebay so im guessing hes just not a gun guy?

his listing and spread sheet he sent me says glass is fine and pics didnt show the gigantic chip out of rear glass on the cute brown hd variant. or all the smaller chips on front of other. one of which is in top left of view just above reticle on both 1x and 4x. that brown one though wow. its ruined until glass is replaced as far as being used as a rifle scope as the bottom of reticle is blocked.

funny thing is he charged me 1300 on the ruined one and 1200 on the better one. that kind of gives me pause. am i giving this seller too much credit?

View Quote

The first red flag should have been the price on them. Any known/respected/trusted seller of NSN marked good condition elcan's would have charged at least ~1800, and you would have plenty of pictures to base your buying decision off of. Higher if they are the older gen 2's since those are so rare now. I hope you get your money back somehow.
Link Posted: 5/21/2024 9:17:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By JLAudio:

The first red flag should have been the price on them. Any known/respected/trusted seller of NSN marked good condition elcan's would have charged at least ~1800, and you would have plenty of pictures to base your buying decision off of. Higher if they are the older gen 2's since those are so rare now. I hope you get your money back somehow.
View Quote

I tried to tell him lol
Link Posted: 5/22/2024 10:31:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Combat_Diver] [#23]
Found my rifle in Kuwait today that I carried in Astan from Nov 17’- May 21’.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/22/2024 10:38:27 AM EDT
[#24]
Same lower with 3 uppers in 20’ Astan. I did strip paint off when I turned it in
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/22/2024 1:49:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LsuJon] [#25]
Originally Posted By JLAudio:

View Quote
I've seen two HDs sell for 1500, (another one for 1000 but that's cause the seller didn't know better), and a Gen 2 for 1500. Deals are definitely out there for better than 1800 but I'm very curious to see these photos.

TACSWAP definitely requires the buyer to do their due diligence however.

Additionally, su230s will get serviced by elcan as long as it's something that they can fix.
Link Posted: 5/22/2024 10:14:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By LsuJon:
I've seen two HDs sell for 1500, (another one for 1000 but that's cause the seller didn't know better), and a Gen 2 for 1500. Deals are definitely out there for better than 1800 but I'm very curious to see these photos.

TACSWAP definitely requires the buyer to do their due diligence however.

Additionally, su230s will get serviced by elcan as long as it's something that they can fix.
View Quote

I don't think they will do glass replacements on surplus units.  Only external fixes from what I've been told.

Link Posted: 5/22/2024 10:39:38 PM EDT
[#27]
Same lower with 3 uppers in 20’ Astan. I did strip paint off when I turned it in
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/32677/IMG_0181_jpeg-3220643.JPG
View Quote

specs on the bottom upper
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 3:25:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Combat_Diver] [#28]
Originally Posted By runguns:

specs on the bottom upper
View Quote

Milspec USGI Mk18 Mod 0 parts. (USGI because I just don't remember the contractor)  All my parts are USGI or SOCOM provided
Colt 10.3" bbl w/F FSB
KAC NT4 FH
KAC RAS handguard
USGI carrying handle
USGI BCG
USGI M4 upper
KAC Side Sling QD mount
PRI M84 Gas Buster charging handle
Attachment Attached File

Page / 908
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top