User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 913
Link Posted: 8/7/2024 7:50:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AK47_COMMBLOC:

ive got 2 identical ris ll barrel nut wrenches and they are soft and flex when i go to tighten. they are dd silver colored ones might even be unmarked unbranded. whats the more durable wrench i should be looking for?
View Quote

There is a certain direction DD wrenches are to be used.  Go the other way and the rear stud gets sprung out.  Unless you can get a machinist to make you one with stronger steel and thicker Classified Defense products are supered.
Link Posted: 8/7/2024 8:03:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Combat_Diver] [#2]
Glitch bump

DD RIS II wrenches and thickness.
Top DD Lite/RIS II .135”
Middle- MTRC (SOCOM shop) .185”
Bottom- Classified Defense  .250”

Not shown is a MTRC like DD style but .375”  I have at home.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/7/2024 8:07:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Combat_Diver] [#3]
Current down range rifle and M9.  Lower has a Geissele SSF trigger installed and SAAB 3x Carl G scope.  Mags loaded with 5.56mm M855A1 and Mk262 Mod 1 and M1153 147 gr Special Purpose 9mm.  Same setup I ran for years in Astan.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/7/2024 12:00:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: droys86] [#4]
edit: posted in the wrong thread. reading > me
Link Posted: 8/7/2024 1:14:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By droys86:
https://i.imgur.com/GsKMJHx.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/K2Uk2aJ.jpg

B2 Recce with OCM5 (OCM flash hider and M4 collar)
View Quote
Where clone?
Link Posted: 8/7/2024 1:22:48 PM EDT
[#6]

View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/7/2024 3:09:08 PM EDT
[#7]

View Quote

Honestly, that's my bad...I didn't read the title enough...I thought I was in the general sopmod and not "clone" thread. doh
Link Posted: 8/7/2024 7:04:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/10/2024 8:35:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Haven't had any of these in a while.  DEMCO (also make charging handles and 4 position receiver extensions)
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/10/2024 1:23:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Nice I just built two uppers off those but no laser T’s
Link Posted: 8/12/2024 7:26:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bluedog82] [#11]
Got a DD upper with the RIS FSP and will be building a clone-ish gun. Bought a PSA clone lower, and in my excitement bought the M4 carbine lower instead of M4A1. Oh well, wasn’t gonna be clone correct anyway. @Combat_Diver, ever come across a Block 2 with an M4 Carbine burst marked lower?
Link Posted: 8/12/2024 7:31:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By bluedog82:
Got a DD upper with the RIS FSP and will be building a clone-ish gun. Bought a PSA clone lower, and in my excitement bought the M4 carbine lower instead of M4A1. Oh well, wasn’t gonna be clone correct anyway. @Combat_Diver, ever come across a Block 2 with an M4 Carbine burst marked lower?
View Quote

Lots of Air Force guns are burst, but if you already know it's not going to be a clone it's a moot point.
Link Posted: 8/13/2024 1:21:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Combat_Diver] [#13]
View Quote

Sorry, not officially.  Unless you count my TPE M4 that I slapped a Block II upper on put a Geissele SSF trigger in.  It goes back to standard M4 when I'm not carrying it or having it in the shop.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/13/2024 3:57:38 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Combat_Diver:
Current down range rifle and M9.  Lower has a Geissele SSF trigger installed and SAAB 3x Carl G scope.  Mags loaded with 5.56mm M855A1 and Mk262 Mod 1 and M1153 147 gr Special Purpose 9mm.  Same setup I ran for years in Astan.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/32677/IMG_7260_jpeg-3287933.JPG
View Quote

who makes that front sling socket navy diver?

on the brown mags with blue follower ive been researching them and hearing mixed reports. should i grab some or stick with fde gen 3 pmags? one thing im trying to find out is are the brown mags coated in that anti slip lead stuff called perma-slik g like the previous usgi alloy mags or is it an actual normal paint? ever see a spread sheet or specs on brown alloy mags? would be neat to find out what that coating is.
Link Posted: 8/13/2024 4:58:58 AM EDT
[#15]

on the brown mags with blue follower ive been researching them and hearing mixed reports. should i grab some or stick with fde gen 3 pmags? one thing im trying to find out is are the brown mags coated in that anti slip lead stuff called perma-slik g like the previous usgi alloy mags or is it an actual normal paint? ever see a spread sheet or specs on brown alloy mags? would be neat to find out what that coating is.
View Quote

That's the kac sling socket.  Daniel defense is also accepted in my eye.

Link Posted: 8/13/2024 6:52:26 AM EDT
[#16]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/32677/IMG_7260_jpeg-3287933.JPG

Careful that you don't insult the Green Beret.
Link Posted: 8/13/2024 7:31:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Combat_Diver] [#17]

View Quote

First, I'm an Army Diver
Second, KAC
Third, Don't know the coating but unless running primarily M855A1 not really needed.  PMags good for M855A1 too.
Link Posted: 8/13/2024 7:55:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Combat_Diver] [#18]
For years SOCOM used the KAC QD
Attachment Attached File

And as tarheel7734 mentioned DD, last year mother Army approved these.  DD QD mount (no swivel) but approved Vickers Sling comes with them (both NSN items)
Attachment Attached File

For the mags in typical Arfcom fashion- Get both!
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/13/2024 9:40:27 AM EDT
[#19]

Sorry, not officially.  Unless you count my TPE M4 that I slapped a Block II upper on put a Geissele SSF trigger in.  It goes back to standard M4 when I'm not carrying it or having it in the shop.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/32677/IMG_7645_jpeg-3293219.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/32677/IMG_7646_jpeg-3293220.JPG
View Quote

Close enough
Link Posted: 8/13/2024 10:56:17 AM EDT
[#20]

Close enough
View Quote
I have a pic of one of  a dog handler attached to MARSOC. It's has a 10.3 upper on it.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 8/13/2024 10:56:30 AM EDT
[#21]

Close enough
View Quote
I have a pic of one of  a dog handler attached to MARSOC. It's has a 10.3 upper on it.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 8/13/2024 11:00:57 AM EDT
[#22]

Stand corrected
Link Posted: 8/13/2024 12:30:41 PM EDT
[#23]

Attachment Attached File

My man, my sanity is saved
Link Posted: 8/13/2024 12:52:14 PM EDT
[#24]
To expand on it, he isn't a CSO but just attached to the unit, so the rifle was probably the standard issued m4 that the USMC has that had a spare upper on it to replace the normal m4 upper.
Link Posted: 8/13/2024 4:00:30 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By LsuJon:
To expand on it, he isn't a CSO but just attached to the unit, so the rifle was probably the standard issued m4 that the USMC has that had a spare upper on it to replace the normal m4 upper.
View Quote

Makes sense. I may have a line on a guy to do some laser engraving—I’d have him do the Colt pony logo, and then I think I saw something about x’d out “M4” markings with “M4A1” next to it. Anyone have any photos, or suggestions for other markings if I go the laser engraving route?
Link Posted: 8/13/2024 4:21:21 PM EDT
[#26]

Makes sense. I may have a line on a guy to do some laser engraving I'd have him do the Colt pony logo, and then I think I saw something about x'd out "M4" markings with "M4A1" next to it. Anyone have any photos, or suggestions for other markings if I go the laser engraving route?
View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 8/13/2024 4:27:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bluedog82] [#27]
Link Posted: 8/14/2024 9:50:38 PM EDT
[#28]
tacom has converted like army m4s to m4a1 by now. Should be alot of those pics on google
Link Posted: 8/15/2024 1:13:16 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By wissota4:
tacom has converted like army m4s to m4a1 by now. Should be alot of those pics on google
View Quote

Yes, for regular Army M4 to M4A1s.  No on a Block II converted M4A1 cause as I've always stated those units that use the Block II already had M4A1s.  99% of those I would say are Colts too.
Link Posted: 8/15/2024 12:44:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LsuJon] [#30]
I came across this pic in my files. Allot of things going on, m4 lower, dd upper  

L3 EXPS3-0 and tano g33 suggests MARSOC but that would be the first complete DD upper I've seen with them (usually see it with the Air Force).

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 8/15/2024 12:45:42 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 8/15/2024 4:12:43 PM EDT
[#32]
I came across this pic in my files. Allot of things going on, m4 lower, dd upper  

L3 EXPS3-0 and tano g33 suggests MARSOC but that would be the first complete DD upper I've seen with them (usually see it with the Air Force).

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/316069/IMG_1120_jpeg-3295092.JPG
View Quote

Not to mention the malfunction that is going on
Link Posted: 8/15/2024 4:26:45 PM EDT
[#33]
Arms unlimited has colt ambi in stock. I just ordered 2. I need to replace the schmid on my mk12.
Link Posted: 8/15/2024 5:40:04 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By tarheel7734:
Arms unlimited has colt ambi in stock. I just ordered 2. I need to replace the schmid on my mk12.
View Quote

Wait, did I order the wrong one?

SP400024 is what I ordered.
Link Posted: 8/15/2024 5:44:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tarheel7734] [#35]
Originally Posted By wayfaerer320:

View Quote

It's showing out of stock again.
Item is SP400831

One you ordered is full auto selector.
Link Posted: 8/15/2024 5:46:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: wayfaerer320] [#36]

Item is SP400831
View All Quotes

Item is SP400831

So what is SP400024 then?

EDIT: I see - the full auto version.
Link Posted: 8/15/2024 5:47:32 PM EDT
[#37]

Item is SP400831

View All Quotes

Item is SP400831

Will that still work in a semi-auto?
Link Posted: 8/15/2024 5:49:35 PM EDT
[#38]

View Quote

It will work fine.

If you use a Colt lower with no lever stops you can just keep spinning it around.
Link Posted: 8/15/2024 5:51:58 PM EDT
[#39]

View Quote

Yes. It will work in the first position but not second. There is also a diagram somewhere that shows what you can grind down.
Link Posted: 8/15/2024 7:18:06 PM EDT
[#40]

Yes. It will work in the first position but not second. There is also a diagram somewhere that shows what you can grind down.
View All Quotes

If you use a G$ trigger it will still fire in the 3rd position. Fully semi-automatic of course.
Link Posted: 8/17/2024 1:15:36 AM EDT
[#41]
Did any of the ranger contract vortex mounts ever hit the civ market? If so anyone got a lead on any, or closest sub?
Link Posted: 8/17/2024 9:43:01 PM EDT
[#42]
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

My only regret on the etched lower was not using a bigger font for both the X's, AUTO, and the M4A1 engravings. Still extremely pleased with how this lower turned out.
Link Posted: 8/18/2024 6:26:30 AM EDT
[#43]

That turned out really nice!

On the USGI lower in your pictures--what's the metal shim/thingy sandwiched between the grip and lower?
Link Posted: 8/18/2024 7:57:50 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Razzman1:

That turned out really nice!

On the USGI lower in your pictures--what's the metal shim/thingy sandwiched between the grip and lower?
View Quote

Appears to be a selector block.  Why they would break it off instead of pulling the grip and removing, idk.

More info here:
https://thecoltar15resource.com/2023/04/08/selector-block-dod-solution-to-keep-soldiers-from-using-automatic-fire/
Link Posted: 8/18/2024 11:42:43 AM EDT
[#45]
Alright, so quick question for the experts

I mentioned a bit back that I was thinking of getting a KAC micro rear sight as the adjuster knob was thinner and allowed better use of my ambi charge handle.

Well I ended up getting one but it’s the USMC marked type where I was kinda wanting the standard micro more… (I didn’t notice it was the USMC until I got it)

BUT…

The question is: is the USMC type more clone correct than the standard micro since they were out in the system or is the standard KAC micro preferred?

I’m guessing the only micros out in the field ARE the USMC ones but I could be wrong.

????
Link Posted: 8/18/2024 11:52:01 AM EDT
[#46]
Correct, they are selector blocks. In this case these are Army National Guard Rifles that had them installed for a State Activation to prevent Soldiers from going to the Auto position.

They broke off because our Armorer did not remove them after the activation and we went to our annual training that year with them installed. The majority that I saw broke off in the field just from common use.

Attachment Attached File

I had even spotted a few of the broken safety blocks still installed on some of our rifles when our unit deployed a few years later.
Link Posted: 8/18/2024 11:58:36 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By JSPA:
Alright, so quick question for the experts

I mentioned a bit back that I was thinking of getting a KAC micro rear sight as the adjuster knob was thinner and allowed better use of my ambi charge handle.

Well I ended up getting one but it’s the USMC marked type where I was kinda wanting the standard micro more… (I didn’t notice it was the USMC until I got it)

BUT…

The question is: is the USMC type more clone correct than the standard micro since they were out in the system or is the standard KAC micro preferred?

I’m guessing the only micros out in the field ARE the USMC ones but I could be wrong.

????
View Quote

Only ones I've seen use the micro is MARSOC.  SEALs, Rangers and SF use the full size KAC 300/600m or MaTech BUIS.
Link Posted: 8/18/2024 12:14:16 PM EDT
[#48]

Only ones I've seen use the micro is MARSOC.  SEALs, Rangers and SF use the full size KAC 300/600m or MaTech BUIS.
View Quote

Wonderful! Thanks so much!
Your wealth of knowledge is unmatched!

Now I have to get a slotted screw for it instead of the Allen since my ocd won’t allow the mismatch!
Link Posted: 8/18/2024 3:37:08 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By JSPA:

Wonderful! Thanks so much!
Your wealth of knowledge is unmatched!

Now I have to get a slotted screw for it instead of the Allen since my ocd won't allow the mismatch!
View Quote
But that wouldn't be correct
Link Posted: 8/18/2024 7:00:11 PM EDT
[#50]
But that wouldn't be correct
View Quote

I know, right?!
That’s what kills me! Ha ha!
Page / 913
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top