Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/2/2024 12:51:23 PM EDT
I am interested in opinions on the Bipod produced by Magpul.  Particuarly this model -

Magpul 17s

But I need a this Quick Disconnect adapter.

Magpul unisex adult QR Rail Grabber 17S-Style

I am seriously considering this as an alternative

CVLIFE Picatinny Bipods
Link Posted: 9/2/2024 1:00:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/2/2024 1:13:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Skg_Mre_Lght:
Magpuls re good for GP bipods that require can't.  I like them for what they are, but they aren't Atlas or Ckyepods.

I prefer levers over knobs for all my arca clamps. I use RRS, GrayOps,  and ADM arca mounts.
View Quote
I have the Magpul setup you're looking at and a couple Atlas's and I agree with the above.  They're great for a GP bipod but the Atlas is better.

My primary use for the Magpul is range time with AR's.   For more precision type shooting with AR's or Bolt guns I grab an Atlas.
Link Posted: 9/2/2024 2:26:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Luvman:
I have the Magpul setup you're looking at and a couple Atlas's and I agree with the above.  They're great for a GP bipod but the Atlas is better.

My primary use for the Magpul is range time with AR's.   For more precision type shooting with AR's or Bolt guns I grab an Atlas.
View Quote

I appreciate your opinions and input.  I've looked at the one's you and the other respondent mentioned and there's no way I can justify the costs for them which is why I mentioned Magpul.  Would you have any knowledge on the Atlas knockoff's?  I'm trying to steer clear of Harris and similar bipods because they do not offer the versatility of either the Magpul or the Atlas.  I really like the ability to adjust the legs individually forward and back and 45 degree.  The interchangeable feet is also attractive.
Link Posted: 9/2/2024 2:37:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 6:36:58 PM EDT
[#5]
The Magpul bipods are not bad.  The only real issue is they flex but that could be a good thing if you load your bipods.  

Obviously something like an Atlas is better but it’s 3x the cost.  I have Atlas, Magpul and Harris.  I use more Magpul than anything else.  The weight and cost are both nice features.  If I were shooting precision competition, I would have something like an Atlas or similar.  For most GP shooting or hunting, the Magpul works well.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top