Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 1178 of 1573)
Page / 1573
Link Posted: 3/7/2019 2:16:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By JLAudio:
heavy boi. got my lowers back from engraving, now i get to shoot this weekend with a real stock

https://i.imgur.com/wKLUIDG.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/ulEUjmy.jpg
View Quote
This is beautiful, but you gotta get that poop stock off there. Besides being ugly it's a shame to see an incorrect part on such a close build. There's a tan Gen 1 LMT for sale right now on IG for a good deal, otherwise any other correct stock would look ace.
Link Posted: 3/7/2019 3:29:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By krdt:

It's possible to use up to six shims using a standard commercial SF shim kit (green + red + 4 no color), so that's perfectly normal. Just sandwich your thinner shims between the two thickest and it'll be fine.

One other thing to keep in mind is that adding Rocksett will up the torque required by a few pounds and you need to account for that (i.e.: if you're perfectly timed right at 30lbs and then add Rocksett, it'll require more than 30lbs).

ETA: Your best bet is to time at around 20-25lbs, so that you end up below max torque once you apply Rocksett.
View Quote
Thanks krdt
I started at 20 and after adding rocksett was able to get it timed at 25.
Link Posted: 3/7/2019 3:45:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By TinyCrumb:

This is beautiful, but you gotta get that poop stock off there. Besides being ugly it's a shame to see an incorrect part on such a close build. There's a tan Gen 1 LMT for sale right now on IG for a good deal, otherwise any other correct stock would look ace.
View Quote
That tan gen Juan lmt sopmod is inbound to me now. Poop will be replaced with correct stock.
Link Posted: 3/7/2019 4:56:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Inferior tech. Still waiting for rc2, pending 5/2018 🤷🏼‍♀️

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/7/2019 5:06:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By loudxpack:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/472230/2BF0B999-1656-4CCE-B433-07BA81271BFF_jpeg-869410.JPG
View Quote
Salty M3X

What riser are you using for the 99051?
Link Posted: 3/7/2019 5:09:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ArmyPilot12] [#6]
Originally Posted By loudxpack:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/472230/2BF0B999-1656-4CCE-B433-07BA81271BFF_jpeg-869410.JPG
View Quote
Hang in there. I just called and my SB was approved today. 7MAY18 cash date, 9MAY18 pending date. 304 days is making the NFA game not fun considering my last F4 took 154 days.
Link Posted: 3/7/2019 5:15:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By ArmyPilot12:

Hang in there. I just called and my SB was approved today. 7MAY18 cash date, 9MAY18 pending date. 304 days is making the NFA game not fun considering my last F4 took 154 days.
View Quote
Lammmee. I need june to start getting approved here.
Link Posted: 3/7/2019 6:18:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Currently debating whether I should pay $93 more than I have to just to order a taupe NT4 right now. Considering I've got at least a 10-12 month wait ahead of me, a few more weeks is really nothing in the grand scheme of things; but, that isn't to say I'm not still tempted :\.
Link Posted: 3/7/2019 6:52:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Currently debating whether I should pay $93 more than I have to just to order a taupe NT4 right now. Considering I've got at least a 10-12 month wait ahead of me, a few more weeks is really nothing in the grand scheme of things; but, that isn't to say I'm not still tempted :\.
View Quote
Do it, thats like a tank of gas and a pizza for me. I can’t wait till I leave this state. First thing I’m doing is sbr my clones and getting a nt4 suppresor.
Link Posted: 3/7/2019 7:00:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By MILSPEC556:

Salty M3X

What riser are you using for the 99051?
View Quote
Some rando $30 weaver until I get can a real Wilcox one 😞
Link Posted: 3/7/2019 10:50:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/7/2019 11:10:03 PM EDT
[#12]
View Quote
Ah what’s another C note when your spending over $1k
Link Posted: 3/7/2019 11:58:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Frens:
All of mine are 99% similar.. made from the 70's to the 2000.

There's a long thread about fake colt receivers in the Colt section..

I'm having hard time believing the one I posted is colt since colt stopped using raised C markings 15 years ago.. colt went from raised C to stamped C to cage code. If I had to guess, I'd say the top receiver is the oldest, and the bottom is the newest.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Frens:
Originally Posted By Dyzastr:
I've got 3 different raised C colt uppers, and all 3 look different? One of em looks like the c you have pictured.
All of mine are 99% similar.. made from the 70's to the 2000.

There's a long thread about fake colt receivers in the Colt section..

I'm having hard time believing the one I posted is colt since colt stopped using raised C markings 15 years ago.. colt went from raised C to stamped C to cage code. If I had to guess, I'd say the top receiver is the oldest, and the bottom is the newest.
Do all of yours have the same forge mark? I notice my cardinal forge has the more round C like the posted last page, whereas the cerro/keyhole forges have a more elongated C. I’ll have to do some research, but I think they are all authentic.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/8/2019 9:59:21 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/8/2019 10:08:15 AM EDT
[#15]
Any difference in raised C vs indented C? Keyhole forge.
Link Posted: 3/8/2019 11:55:01 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By UndrGrndPrdcts:
View Quote
https://www.ar15.com/forums/Industry/PSA-counterfeit-Colt-upper-receivers-rasied-C-being-circulated/29-290545/

The "newer" raised C uppers that are flooding the market are extremely suspect. See the 12 pages of the link above. There is no final word on what they are, but most believe they are NOT colt.

The old raised C are good to go. But they are harder to find and are no longer in production. Indented C are good to go. New production Colt uppers are all cage code marked in place of the C mark.
Link Posted: 3/8/2019 11:56:18 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By UndrGrndPrdcts:
View Quote
Age is the only difference. Just be aware there are a large number of fake raised C keyhole uppers floating in circulation for the past year. Raised c uppers stopped being produced in the 2002-2004 time frame.
Link Posted: 3/8/2019 12:20:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Question for you dudes. Surefire CTFH-556-1/2-28. Not the warcomp. Just regular CT. Are those or were those hard to find? I was going to order a few but when I searched no one really had them in stock and I saw some old ads in EE and flebay where they went for double. What’s up?
Link Posted: 3/8/2019 12:46:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Samson-Dogg:
Question for you dudes. Surefire CTFH-556-1/2-28. Not the warcomp. Just regular CT. Are those or were those hard to find? I was going to order a few but when I searched no one really had them in stock and I saw some old ads in EE and flebay where they went for double. What’s up?
View Quote
IIRC they were initially made for a military customer and weren't available for commercial sale. Now you can buy them direct from Surefire.
Link Posted: 3/8/2019 1:06:37 PM EDT
[#20]
I remember reading about the fake ones earlier in this thread as well. Only reason I ask is because I'm currently using indented C.
Link Posted: 3/8/2019 1:35:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By billytehbob:
How are you guys zeroing your MK18s? I’d like a good BZO, I saw something about a 50m zero, seems pretty decent. I also to zero my TA33 at 100m and just see how it does out to 5 or 600m (not expecting too much, lol).
View Quote
36yd. Bottom of the reticle for 7yds and under. Tightest grouping of shots up to 300yds.
Link Posted: 3/8/2019 2:28:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Duck_Hunt] [#22]
View Quote
@Samson-Dogg  If I’m thinking about the right FH,  I just bought one 2-3 weeks ago from optics planet. Ended up sending it back to exchange for a sfmb. They got the return on Wednesday I believe, haven’t shipped out the sfmb yet.

This is what your talking about ? If so your part number is wrong.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/8/2019 3:44:42 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Honda4828:
@Samson-Dogg  If I’m thinking about the right FH,  I just bought one 2-3 weeks ago from optics planet. Ended up sending it back to exchange for a sfmb. They got the return on Wednesday I believe, haven’t shipped out the sfmb yet.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/463094/C402B0E1-DD4D-438D-A61D-E5695012445A_png-870302.JPG
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Honda4828:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/463094/C402B0E1-DD4D-438D-A61D-E5695012445A_png-870302.JPG
Boy I screwed that up. SFCT
Link Posted: 3/8/2019 4:04:30 PM EDT
[#24]
I ordered 3 direct from surefire. I’ve got 5 four prongs but I really like the look of the closed tine. Finally got my RC1 out of jail. 336 days it took. Haven’t fired it yet.
Link Posted: 3/8/2019 4:42:10 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By JLAudio:

Age is the only difference. Just be aware there are a large number of fake raised C keyhole uppers floating in circulation for the past year. Raised c uppers stopped being produced in the 2002-2004 time frame.
View Quote
I believe my youngest raised C has a barrel dated 2004. It came as a a complete 6921 upper.
Link Posted: 3/8/2019 5:45:08 PM EDT
[#26]
I ordered 3 direct from surefire. I’ve got 5 four prongs but I really like the look of the closed tine. Finally got my RC1 out of jail. 336 days it took. Haven’t fired it yet.
View Quote
Damnit  man that’s a pile.  I picked up my RC about 2 weeks ago, bought March 2018 from AU. I’ve got a 3p on the gun, didn’t like to see the wear online of the blast baffle from the prong FH. Ordered the sfct and decided I’d just get a MB since I’ll likely never shoot it w/o the can. The sfct does look good that’s for sure.
Link Posted: 3/8/2019 5:53:37 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Bhavin22:
View All Quotes
Yeah, that's sorta true; on the other hand, shit can add up fast if you start to apply that line of thinking over the course of an entire build, lol.

Up to now, I've been doing pretty good about being patient and waiting for deals. Of course, as soon as I break down and do it, the next day they'll be back in stock for $100 less :\.

Originally Posted By Subiescott:
Originally Posted By billytehbob:
How are you guys zeroing your MK18s? I’d like a good BZO, I saw something about a 50m zero, seems pretty decent. I also to zero my TA33 at 100m and just see how it does out to 5 or 600m (not expecting too much, lol).
36yd. Bottom of the reticle for 7yds and under. Tightest grouping of shots up to 300yds.
It really depends on the ranges you most often shoot. While it's true there is less max deviation between 0-300yds with a 36yz, the benefit only occurs in the last 50 yards. Between 0-250, a 50yz wins hands down. So, if most of your shooting occurs between 0-250 yards, a 50yd zero is hard to beat. With a 50, you're never off POA more than 1.6" from 20 to 215 yards - giving you an essentially flat trajectory - and only 4.8" low at 250. Beyond 250 is just a consistent drop.

Meanwhile, with a 36yz, you're going to be hitting as much as 4.1" high between 125 and 175 yards, with an advantage occurring beyond 250 where you'd be -6" at 300yds versus -11.6" with a 50yz. Since the vast majority of my shooting takes place at under 250 yards with a 10.3, my preference is for the much lower deviation between 20-215 (1.6" vs. 4.1") of a 50yz, and only having to concern myself with a significant drop beyond 250.

Basically, a 36yz gains you an extra 50 yards before severe drop begins; but at the expense of more deviation between 0-250. Of course, if you often shoot beyond 250yds, a 36yd zero might be a better choice.

*Note: Ballistics were calculated using the Federal Ballistics Calculator and the average velocity of Federal M193 from a suppressed 10.5".
Link Posted: 3/8/2019 6:05:40 PM EDT
[#28]
Was a good say for tan optics in the mail.
Got the Elcan back, got a tan Docter for it, got a new Eotech and got the new RMR HRS.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/8/2019 6:19:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dyzastr] [#29]
Originally Posted By Conner378:
Got the Elcan back, got a tan Docter for it, got a new Eotech and got the new RMR HRS.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/448813/IMG_0267_jpg-870491.JPG
View Quote
Dayum! Lucky. Is that docter cerakoted? Did they start cerakoting the tan ones now instead of anodizing?
Link Posted: 3/8/2019 7:32:41 PM EDT
[#30]
Got in my M600DF and SR07 today, and I have to say... while I still love my little M300s, this thing is pretty frickin' awesome :D. It's like having a little miniature sun strapped to your rail, lol.

I'd been leaning toward just going with another M300C, but this popped up at a good price and I decided what the hell - might as well try it. Glad I did.
View Quote
Can you post up some comparison photos? I'm trying to figure out which one I wanna get.
Link Posted: 3/8/2019 7:36:34 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By bwhited:

It can be frustrating for sure, if you do it correctly.

I think the instructions say to use no more than 3 shims, but I could be remembering incorrectly.
View Quote
No, I don't think there is a limitation of shims and spacers....unless you go outside their "wheel" of suggestions.

@Bhavin22 it can be a pain in the ass but so long as you're looking at that timing wheel for the proper thread pitch and all...you're fine. I've found on just about every install I've done...that I usually have to give a little bit more torque to get where I need after application of Rocksett. But ymmv...
Link Posted: 3/8/2019 7:39:21 PM EDT
[#32]

It's possible to use up to six shims using a standard commercial SF shim kit (green + red + 4 no color), so that's perfectly normal. Just sandwich your thinner shims between the two thickest and it'll be fine.

One other thing to keep in mind is that adding Rocksett will up the torque required by a few pounds and you need to account for that (i.e.: if you're perfectly timed right at 30lbs and then add Rocksett, it'll require more than 30lbs).

ETA: Your best bet is to time at around 20-25lbs, so that you end up below max torque once you apply Rocksett.
View Quote
100%, I commented Bhavin22 before reading your reply but you touch on the exact same things. I never did get smart enough to subtract the thinnest shim to time right where I wanted within their torque values lol. I'm usually just a pound or two over.....although my last install was simple.
Link Posted: 3/8/2019 7:58:38 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Dyzastr:
Dayum! Lucky. Is that docter cerakoted? Did they start cerakoting the tan ones now instead of anodizing?
View Quote
Yeah the new docter iii or (docter c) as the german company calls it come cerakoted now.
Link Posted: 3/8/2019 8:04:57 PM EDT
[#34]
So, apparently, I've now spent enough money with Brownells that I warrant a personal letter from Pete Brownell, lol. It would seem that ordering two Mk18 URGs back to back and a few cases of ammo earns you a thank you letter. Which is odd, because I've had larger single orders in the past, but never gotten a letter before. I'm not sure if I should brag about it, or take it as a further sign of severely advanced BRD, lol. In any case, it was quite warm and glowing:

Dear kurdt,

I am happy to have a chance to write to you and thank you for the recently placed order with us. It means a great deal to me personally and to our employees to know you have placed so much trust in us.

We hope both our products and our service meet all of your high expectations. If you are not completely satisfied for any reason whatsoever, please contact us and we will make it right.

Thank you again, kurdt, for your order and for choosing Brownells. It's always an honor for us to serve you, and we hope you will do more business with us in the future.

Best Regards,
Pete R. Brownell
CEO

It was actually hand signed as well.
Link Posted: 3/8/2019 8:31:13 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 3/8/2019 9:05:56 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 3/8/2019 9:06:12 PM EDT
[#37]
So, apparently, I've now spent enough money with Brownells that I warrant a personal letter from Pete Brownell, lol. It would seem that ordering two Mk18 URGs back to back and a few cases of ammo earns you a thank you letter. Which is odd, because I've had larger single orders in the past, but never gotten a letter before. I'm not sure if I should brag about it, or take it as a further sign of severely advanced BRD, lol. In any case, it was quite warm and glowing:

Dear kurdt,

I am happy to have a chance to write to you and thank you for the recently placed order with us. It means a great deal to me personally and to our employees to know you have placed so much trust in us.

We hope both our products and our service meet all of your high expectations. If you are not completely satisfied for any reason whatsoever, please contact us and we will make it right.

Thank you again, kurdt, for your order and for choosing Brownells. It's always an honor for us to serve you, and we hope you will do more business with us in the future.

Best Regards,
Pete R. Brownell
CEO

View All Quotes

Dear kurdt,

Best Regards,
Pete R. Brownell
CEO

That is cool. Personally signed letters always stand out, not many companies do that type of stuff anymore. Now you're going to go spend another couple grand with them

nice. very nice. is that a legit 231a or did you have the hood cerakoted and engraved?
Link Posted: 3/8/2019 9:08:11 PM EDT
[#38]
View Quote
Why Elcan back? Warrantee?

Looks great man. I am really in need of sn RMR/Glock combo
Link Posted: 3/8/2019 9:15:51 PM EDT
[#39]
did all the CQBR block 2 have the FDE rail? were any issued with the black rail?
Link Posted: 3/8/2019 10:12:45 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By oneofus:
did all the CQBR block 2 have the FDE rail? were any issued with the black rail?
View Quote
Yes all the issued mk18’s have been with the fde rail.
Link Posted: 3/8/2019 10:26:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bhavin22] [#41]
View Quote
I got a rmr hrs as well. Wish I had your other three also
Link Posted: 3/8/2019 11:13:48 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 3/9/2019 8:42:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: brodband8] [#43]
View Quote
we doing this now? lol

Attachment Attached File

Oops forgot I had this in my safe lol

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/9/2019 11:06:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: VeganCrossfitter] [#44]
Top: 10.3 SA piston build

Bottom: URGI, Colt lower

Link Posted: 3/9/2019 11:16:20 AM EDT
[#45]
It's not small. Stop telling me it's small.
Link Posted: 3/9/2019 11:28:25 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By wissota4:

It's not small. Stop telling me it's small.
View Quote
WAT
Link Posted: 3/9/2019 11:44:14 AM EDT
[#47]
No matter how many clone parts I own this thread always makes me feel poor
Link Posted: 3/9/2019 11:46:02 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 3/9/2019 11:58:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: brodband8] [#49]

View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/9/2019 12:40:00 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 1573
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 1178 of 1573)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top