BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 1188 of 1573)
Page / 1573
Link Posted: 4/2/2019 8:33:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Who has an nt4, a peq, and a 10.3 with ris ii that they can check some things for me?

Need to know the farthest point forward you can mount a peq on top rail while still allowing nt4 gate latch clearance.
Link Posted: 4/2/2019 8:58:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By brodband8:
Who has an nt4, a peq, and a 10.3 with ris ii that they can check some things for me?

Need to know the farthest point forward you can mount a peq on top rail while still allowing nt4 gate latch clearance.
View Quote
Tag black rifle I’m sure he has your answer
Link Posted: 4/2/2019 9:05:44 AM EDT
[#3]

View Quote
Can the latch orientate more then one way?
Link Posted: 4/2/2019 10:00:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By UndrGrndPrdcts:

I wish NT4s weren't so much
View Quote
Since we’re talking nt4’s...I just scored big time on a Vero Beach marked m4qd (predecessor to the nt4) but I’m not sure I want to keep it. I’m not a collector or anything and if I kept don’t know how I’d feel about shooting it because of its rarity. I was just about to pull the trigger on a RC2 but randomly found this local. Should I keep the unicorn for my block II or sell, buy a Surefire and have a little money left to complete another project? What say you?
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/2/2019 10:11:34 AM EDT
[#5]

View Quote
People run backwards 99051 hanging off the end and the latch clears so I thing you will be good.
Link Posted: 4/2/2019 10:17:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: brodband8] [#6]
Originally Posted By Spooled:
People run backwards 99051 hanging off the end and the latch clears so I thing you will be good.
View Quote
No I tested my peq as far forward as possible last night and it wouldn’t clear latch.  I didn’t have time to remove peq while at dealer because i had to leave.

The part that is stopping it from clearing are the illuminator and laser areas of the peq as they catch the corners of the latch.
Link Posted: 4/2/2019 10:29:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Decided to build out my upper on a more proper Colt upper receiver instead of buying a prebuilt DDM4 Mk18 upper. It should save a little bit of money I can put to upgrading my XPS toward an EXPS. So I just picked up a used DD Mk18 RIS II in the EE.

Which barrel? This upper is going on a full auto lower.

BA Hanson 10.3” 4150V QPQ barrel - $210 with pinned block

Versus

DD 10.3” CHF barrel - $285 bare, $325 with pinned block
Link Posted: 4/2/2019 10:33:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: sbye] [#8]
Originally Posted By Pneumagger:
Decided to build out my upper on a more proper Colt upper receiver instead of buying a prebuilt DDM4 Mk18 upper. It should save a little bit of money I can put to upgrading my XPS toward an EXPS. So I just picked up a used DD Mk18 RIS II in the EE.

Versus

View Quote
If It's going on a full auto lower I would make sure to get the proper Colt or DD barrel with a .070 gas port. I know when DD had the larger gas ports they were having malfunctions on full auto lowers.
Link Posted: 4/2/2019 10:38:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Also, were there ever units runnin AAC silencers on MK18s? The buildnlist on the OP does not list AAC silencers or mounts but some posts by (former) AAC employees awhile ago on silencertalk seemed to make this claim.
http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=103343&sid=5dce375640e5e509d90718f62c1abc23#p830549

Because I have a bunch of 51T mounts and AAC cans, so it would be nice if the silencers I already have are proper. Because if it comes down to buying another silencer just for a clone build, then it’s not happening. I already almost have more rifle cans than rifles to put them on and I’m on a preorder list for the Turbo K when they finally hit the market.
Link Posted: 4/2/2019 10:41:15 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By sbye:

If It's going on a full auto lower I would make sure to get the proper Colt or DD barrel with a .070 gas port. I know when DD had the larger gas ports they were having malfunctions on full auto lowers.
View Quote
Is there anywhere to buy stripped 10.3 Colt uppers? Just the barrelled receiver? That’d make it easy; Pull the barrel, shave the FSB, reinstall with Mk18 RIS II.
Link Posted: 4/2/2019 10:44:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Duck_Hunt] [#11]
Just a heads up, spotted a lmt sopmod black gen Juan for 90 shipped in the ‘rifle parts & accessories’ part of the EE.

ETA: idk what the rules are for linking ee ads.
Link Posted: 4/2/2019 11:02:46 AM EDT
[#12]
I’m going to pace this build out. Word is ATF is running 9 months on transfers and I still have to submit the sear/link paperwork next week.

Got all kinds of time.
Link Posted: 4/2/2019 11:18:20 AM EDT
[#13]

Versus

View Quote
Personally I like a cut down Colt FBI hrt or socom barrel(both are socom profile).  I’d much rather have that over either of the ones you listed, especially if it’s going on a FA lower.
Link Posted: 4/2/2019 11:55:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JSchell1309] [#14]
Question for the experts here on Colt forge codes and time periods.

I have a few Colt uppers and a few builds to dedicate to them:

1. Colt raised C and Alcoa Forge (AF) forge code
2. Colt stamped C and Cerro (keyhole) forge code
3. Colt stamped C and Brass Aluminum (square) forge code

Mk18 CQBR Block 2 I am thinking should get the AF forge code upper
Mk12 Mod 1 I am thinking should get the Cerro forge upper
And use the brass forge upper for a non clone build.

What do my fellow clone dorks experts say?
Link Posted: 4/2/2019 11:59:23 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/2/2019 12:33:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Parts are coming in and waiting on form 1. What offset sf scout mounts are good to go? Also whats good places to keep an eye out for 99051 other than EE?
Link Posted: 4/2/2019 1:03:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Any MK18 Mod 0 use CAR hand guards (with A2 FS) or only RIS/RAS?
Link Posted: 4/2/2019 1:22:42 PM EDT
[#18]
G&R has colt stripped 10.3 barrels(not cut downs) for 240 each. No front site so perfect for block 2 builds. Get em while you can, and don’t pay 300+ for one from the EE
Link Posted: 4/2/2019 1:47:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Rothperson87] [#19]
Originally Posted By JLAudio:
G&R has colt stripped 10.3 barrels(not cut downs) for 240 each. No front site so perfect for block 2 builds. Get em while you can, and don’t pay 300+ for one from the EE
View Quote
Son of a....those went quick!

ETA: never mind. Said out of stock until I clicked on it.
Link Posted: 4/2/2019 2:14:41 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By WSAR15:
Any MK18 Mod 0 use CAR hand guards (with A2 FS) or only RIS/RAS?
View Quote
I've only seen them with RIS/RAS.

CD
Link Posted: 4/2/2019 2:47:46 PM EDT
[#21]
I fear only Commandos had CAR HG.
Link Posted: 4/2/2019 3:02:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By WSAR15:
I fear only Commandos had CAR HG.
View Quote
The crane power point shows carry handles and plastic hand guards.
Link Posted: 4/2/2019 7:26:05 PM EDT
[#23]

Versus

View Quote
Maybe I'm uninformed but how does one afford a FA lower yet not have the ability to purchase an EXPS and/or DD-Colt barrel?
Link Posted: 4/2/2019 7:32:01 PM EDT
[#24]
The surefire socom sb is easier on the wallet, but I think a black nt4 would pair nicely with these cqbr's.

Link Posted: 4/2/2019 7:42:59 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Dyzastr:
The surefire socom sb is easier on the wallet, but I think a black nt4 would pair nicely with these cqbr's.

http://i.imgur.com/KwzQu6s.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/b6WQMui.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/5UbXxov.jpg
View Quote
Get both. AU only has 20 something of the SB’s left, and when they are gone they are gone, just like the rc’s a year ago. Still kick myself for not jumping on that.
Link Posted: 4/2/2019 8:12:09 PM EDT
[#26]

View Quote
Get a airsoft can dyz
Link Posted: 4/2/2019 8:44:45 PM EDT
[#27]
View Quote
Thank you good sir, I bit on this but definitely didn't need to spend the cabbage.

Does the hive agree with this deal/pricing?
Link Posted: 4/2/2019 9:11:59 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Subiescott:

Thank you good sir, I bit on this but definitely didn't need to spend the cabbage.

View Quote
Arms unlimited had the same barrels with the Fsp for 240, but they sold almost 15k worth of barrels in 6 hours. I feel like it’s a good price even if you stick it away for a rainy day or replacement barrel. Colt bbls tend to be great shooters.
Link Posted: 4/2/2019 9:37:19 PM EDT
[#29]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Arms unlimited had the same barrels with the Fsp for 240, but they sold almost 15k worth of barrels in 6 hours. I feel like it’s a good price even if you stick it away for a rainy day or replacement barrel. Colt bbls tend to be great shooters.
Definitely a fair price compared to what is out there. I actually picked a couple up for future builds.
I was so mad when AU sold out of those barrels lol, I haven't seen stock 10.3s in a while.
Link Posted: 4/2/2019 11:27:05 PM EDT
[#30]
Since neither the SB or RC2 is the "correct" can for the block II, is one more acceptable than the other?
Link Posted: 4/2/2019 11:35:02 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Rothperson87:
Since neither the SB or RC2 is the "correct" can for the block II, is one more acceptable than the other?
View Quote
I'd say the SB since it is visually indistinguishable from an RC. The only difference is the slighter larger bore and the engraving. The slightly larger bore isn't altogether a bad thing, either... the RC has a pretty small bore and it's easy to get little "kiss" baffle strikes.
Link Posted: 4/3/2019 12:04:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Rothperson87] [#32]
Originally Posted By krdt:

I'd say the SB since it is visually indistinguishable from an RC. The only difference is the slighter larger bore and the engraving. The slightly larger bore isn't altogether a bad thing, either... the RC has a pretty small bore and it's easy to get little "kiss" baffle strikes.
View Quote
That’s what I’m thinking too.

The SB is supposed to have some venting feature in the baffles to reduce gas blow back, anyone actually notice a difference when shooting or is it just marketing?
Link Posted: 4/3/2019 1:17:22 AM EDT
[#33]

The SB is supposed to have some venting feature in the baffles to reduce gas blow back, anyone actually notice a difference when shooting or is it just marketing?
View Quote
I’m so torn between the SB for the clone look and feel, or maybe a better all around option like a Sandman S/K or Griffin M4SD-K/II...why can’t I just make a crap ton more money so I can have all of them?!
Link Posted: 4/3/2019 1:29:53 AM EDT
[#34]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By krdt:

The RC definitely has low back pressure... the SB should have even less because of the larger bore.
Link Posted: 4/3/2019 2:47:46 AM EDT
[#35]
Get both. AU only has 20 something of the SB's left, and when they are gone they are gone, just like the rc's a year ago. Still kick myself for not jumping on that.
View All Quotes

Get both. AU only has 20 something of the SB's left, and when they are gone they are gone, just like the rc's a year ago. Still kick myself for not jumping on that.
Thanks for the info. Now I'm feelin impulsive.
Link Posted: 4/3/2019 2:49:54 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Bhavin22:

Get a airsoft can dyz
View Quote
. There's always the surefire trainer. I know ppl in un-American states have gone that route.
Link Posted: 4/3/2019 8:54:50 AM EDT
[#37]
Maybe I'm uninformed but how does one afford a FA lower yet not have the ability to purchase an EXPS and/or DD-Colt barrel?
View All Quotes

Versus

A) Lightning Link (poor man's M16)... not a RR. It's one of those deals that was priced so good when you see it you have to pull the trigger... even when you don't have the money. Believe me, I wasn't even shopping for an MG but I saw it and was like "sold". The wife was PISSED (). I'll hopefully be putting in the paperwork within the week.

B) I already had the XPS2-0 sitting around unused. It's like 7 years old. There's a good chance I just use it as is, but why not use this as an opportunity to upgrade to a more proper EXPS and a set of KAC micros?

C) I decided, since I have a BUNCH of time to wait, I'm actually going to wait for Shark Arms Colt 11.5 Commando HBAR FBI HRT upper to come back in stock. I already have a DD Mk18 RIS II rail so all I have to do cut the barrel back to 10.3" myself and then shave the FSB. That will not only be the best priced 10.3" option (complete upper <$600) but a heavy 10.3" HRT barrel should be more suitable for a FA host than a 10.3" CQB barrel.
Link Posted: 4/3/2019 8:56:43 AM EDT
[#38]
. There's always the surefire trainer. I know ppl in un-American states have gone that route.
View Quote
They just need to get the hell out and move to good ol Texas!
Link Posted: 4/3/2019 9:19:26 AM EDT
[#39]
Range this afternoon starting with 40mm ALGL, Rockets (M72 LAW, M141 SMAW-D and AT-4), M67 frags, Mk14 ASM grenade, Yugo M70 and Mk18 Mod 0.

Attachment Attached File

CD
Link Posted: 4/3/2019 9:47:34 AM EDT
[#40]
Nice pic CD!
Link Posted: 4/3/2019 10:36:18 AM EDT
[#41]
G&R has colt stripped 10.3 barrels(not cut downs) for 240 each. No front site so perfect for block 2 builds. Get em while you can, and don't pay 300+ for one from the EE
View Quote
Hell don't forget the a$$hat who was selling them in the EE for $700 a couple years ago...
Link Posted: 4/3/2019 11:49:42 AM EDT
[#42]
Attachment Attached File

The beginning.
Link Posted: 4/3/2019 12:50:36 PM EDT
[#43]
I never understood the use of the dodo brown rail on the block IIs
The rest of the rifle is usually black, (sometimes with some of he accessories being a different tan shade).

Why not just have a Black  DD RIS II handguard?
When I build mine I’m going black.
Link Posted: 4/3/2019 1:01:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: C6H12O6] [#44]
The rest of the rifle is usually black, (sometimes with some of he accessories being a different tan shade).

View Quote
Many recent weapons systems or components are spec’d with coyote brown such as the RIS II, the M17 pistol, etc. It’s seen as more natural to different environments.

The rest of the rifle is re-used from M4A1s that were originally spec’d in like 1994 with black anodized receivers, furniture, etc.
Link Posted: 4/3/2019 1:06:04 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Combat_Diver:
Range this afternoon starting with 40mm ALGL, Rockets (M72 LAW, M141 SMAW-D and AT-4), M67 frags, Mk14 ASM grenade, Yugo M70 and Mk18 Mod 0.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/32677/IMG_7152_jpg-899550.JPG

CD
View Quote
I smell TBIs
Link Posted: 4/3/2019 1:48:38 PM EDT
[#46]

View Quote
You can do that, why not. But you are in the clone thread. Black risii is cheaper most of the time anyways. It gets expensive when you want a different shade of fde anyways just ask krdt.
Link Posted: 4/3/2019 2:59:48 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 4/3/2019 3:04:32 PM EDT
[#48]
FYI guys, I think G and R found three two more stripped colt CQBR barrels. Since I missed out on the AU barrels, I just grabbed one of these as a spare.
Link Posted: 4/3/2019 3:10:56 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 4/3/2019 3:27:43 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Ivan1:
You can do that, why not. But you are in the clone thread. Black risii is cheaper most of the time anyways. It gets expensive when you want a different shade of fde anyways just ask krdt.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Ivan1:

Yep... when you start playing the Brownells lotto wanting specific shades, things can get a little out of hand, lol. It's probably a good thing I just sold my extra RIS II... it's dangerous having that many spare parts around and I was starting to think, "Technically, I do have all the parts for a third CQBR Block II URG..." :\.

As for a black RIS II, I say don't do it. When I started out it would've been relatively easy for me to have gone either way, and I'm very glad I didn't. At this point, anything other than an FDE RIS II looks highly out of place.
Page / 1573
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 1188 of 1573)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top